Confirmed with Link: Oilers sign Tkachev (UPD: Ineligible to sign NHL contract; Draft Eligible 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Regarding the whole "we showcased him to the entire league for free" thing, the silver lining on that cloud is that while the rest of the league had a chance to see him from the periphery (assuming all 29 teams were even paying attention) of this drama, the Oilers got a closer insight into him than anyone else. They not only saw how he played in the games, but they saw how he was in practice, how he interacted with his teammates, and overall got a better chance to know what he's about than any other team did.

So yeah, everyone got a look...but the Oilers got the best look. So there's that I guess.

Very true.

Like I said before, he will do very good in a full chl season and will be drafted on that, rather than just some preseason games. And he's doing that with 7 points in 2 games. I'm going to go on a limb and say the blues take him with their 2nd round pick next year

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
heh heh heh

Guy Flaming @TPS_Guy · 1d 1 day ago
According to @ttneilhodge secs ago on TPS, the #Oilers beat the #Flames by one day with their camp invitation to Vlad Tkachev. @DuckMillard

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
Is that something to brag about, can it even be considered a moral victory?

The guy is going back into the draft this year. Will be interesting to see where a guy almost years older then his fellow draftees goes.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Very true.

Like I said before, he will do very good in a full chl season and will be drafted on that, rather than just some preseason games. And he's doing that with 7 points in 2 games. I'm going to go on a limb and say the blues take him with their 2nd round pick next year

Well it is likely that our 2nd rounder will be better than the Blues'. If Tkachev truly is great, then he will be worth that 2nd rounder. With Yakimov, Khaira, and all the D we have, I think we can start spending these picks on some interesting gambles rather than on needs.

However, I disagree that we have the best look at him to a significant amount. By next draft he will have a whole CHL season between the draft and his stint here. A few pre season games will be lost in the assessment. However, there might be a positive relationship between the two sides. Our team knows that Tkachev fits in and can produce with our players. No other team knows he can do that for them with the same certainty. There's also the "russian factor" which is real considering how Yakimov and Slepyshev were passed over. Hopefully GMs are afraid of that with Tkachev

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Is that something to brag about, can it even be considered a moral victory?

The guy is going back into the draft this year. Will be interesting to see where a guy almost years older then his fellow draftees goes.

Not it's just funny by Calgary fans were ripping mact for being incompetent and not knowing the CBA, then their own gm tried to do the same (was just as incompentant) in fact I remember them saying mact should resign, I wonder what their tune is know. Probably finding some rationality. But w.e. I was on the side of approving of the invite regardless of if we could have signed him

This is more about flames fan being clueless, as they are for the most part

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Not it's just funny by Calgary fans were ripping mact for being incompetent and not knowing the CBA, then their own gm tried to do the same (was just as incompentant) in fact I remember them saying mact should resign, I wonder what their tune is know. Probably finding some rationality. But w.e. I was on the side of approving of the invite regardless of if we could have signed him

It doesn't say anything about their intentions to sign him.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012

So, they still invited a guy they weren't allowed to sign. They were not aware of this. You don't invite an non eligible player, as this takes away playing time from other prospects. You also don't invite a guy who knowingly won't sign

Treliving either A) didn't know, thus imcompenant or b) knew but chose to showcase a player for other teams. Interesting to see which one flames fans use to defend treliving, as they used both against MacT

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
There were quite a few posts ripping MacTavish for wasting a roster spot on a player he couldn't sign and showcasing Tkachev to the rest of the league.

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004

Boy that's grasping at straws.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Lots of teams didn't know about the rule. It doesn't surprise me that other teams may have considered inviting him, given that his coach made calls asking the Oilers to do it. Makes sense other teams would have gotten calls as well. Basically:

giphy.gif

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Boy that's grasping at straws.

Not really at all. Its just complete delicious irony. This coming I'm the same day their former ace prospects agent called for a trade (I remember flames fans ripping on Yak for this) and their new hot prospect lies about shoulder problems only to require surgery due to being slight (again, flames fans ripping on RNH)

I think a cold plate of crow today and I love it

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Good thing we took Coughlin and Bouchard! :shakehead

Ding ding. This is the correct criticism. Tkachev was ranked around 40 going in. Stupid passing up

I bet the best prospects not drafted in the past 2 years are probably better our picks (wallmark, tkachev, tolchinsky)

Oct 30, 2011
Lots of teams didn't know about the rule. It doesn't surprise me that other teams may have considered inviting him, given that his coach made calls asking the Oilers to do it. Makes sense other teams would have gotten calls as well. Basically:

giphy.gif

The CBA never bothered me anyway.

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
Not really at all. Its just complete delicious irony. This coming I'm the same day their former ace prospects agent called for a trade (I remember flames fans ripping on Yak for this) and their new hot prospect lies about shoulder problems only to require surgery due to being slight (again, flames fans ripping on RNH)

I think a cold plate of crow today and I love it

Yikes.

This is a crazy and downright muddled thought process. The Flames (along with many other teams, probably all?) invited undrafted players to their training camp each year, even ones that are still eligible the upcoming season. Jason Fram for the Flames immediately comes to mind. The Flames, and other teams, didn't try to sign these guys to NHL deals when they still had NHL draft eligibility though.

You're really reaching to make others (and fans or some reason) look as stupid as MacTavish and the rest of the Oilers management team.

Last edited:

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
On my personal draft list, I had Tkachev as the #19 talent in the draft.

Of course his size would have pushed him much lower on most scouts lists... but no team picked him among 30 teams and 7 rounds? Idiots. :)

If he turns out to be a solid NHL player I can say I'm smarter than all scouts combined. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad