Confirmed with Link: Oilers sign Tkachev (UPD: Ineligible to sign NHL contract; Draft Eligible 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
According to Mark Spector on the Twitter, the Oilers have agreed to terms with Tkachev, great news :handclap:

It is confirmed I don't have a link yet though.

Mark Spector ‏@SportsnetSpec · 9m9 minutes ago
The Edmonton Oilers have agreed to a 3-year entry level deal with the small but skilled Vladimir Tkachev. He'll be heading to Moncton.

Jones as well

Terry Jones ‏@sunterryjones · 2m2 minutes ago
Oilers have agreed to a three-year entry level deal with The Little Russian. Vladimir Tkachev was a hit at camp. Back to QMJHL Moncton.

UPDATE: Ineligible to sign NHL contract because he remains draft eligible in 2015. If he had paid a full CHL season, would be eligible to sign a standard player contract, but he only played 20 games with Moncton last year. He cannot be signed by any NHL club, will be draft eligible this year.

@FriedgeHNIC
Oilers announced that Vladimir Tkachev's contract was rejected by the NHL. Issue is he is still draft eligible next June. From what I am being told, there is no way around it.

@Bob_Stauffer
Tkachev's deal ineligible. Had he played full season in CHL Oilers could've signed him to ELC after coming to camp on ATO. Tkachev played 2 games for Omsk (KHL) last season and then waited for his release to play in CHL. Obscure rule..he goes in 2015 Draft

Last edited by a moderator:

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
He been real good and low risk high reward deal . Even if he does not make the NHL he will be good in the AHL , I think the Kid will make it to the NHL and be better then Yakupov . My bold prediction

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
love it! it's like found money and getting another draft pick for free

low risk signing and potential high reward...

the skill is obviously there...he needs to put on weight and maybe he can grow a inch or two...then we'll see him in the NHL in a couple years

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Basically a free draft pick. .

Pretty much.

I guess for those who've followed where does he rank amongst the others we drafted this year and last?

Here be the list;
Leon Draisaitl
William Lagesson
Zach Nagelvoort
Liam Coughlin
Tyler Vesel
Keven Bouchard

Darnell Nurse
Marc-Olivier Roy
Bogdan Yakimov
Anton Slepyshev
Jackson Houck
Kyle Platzer
Aidan Muir
Evan Campbell
Ben Betker
Greg Chase

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Where's the MacT walk in gif? :laugh:

Best news to my morning! And to make up for our lackluster 2014 draft.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Guy is my height, if he is able to even put on 30-40 pounds which isn't impossible to believe for his height he will be an NHL player for sure.

Low risk monster reward.

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
pronman had him ranked 36th in last years draft. His terrific camp was probably better than most of the players ranked late first round. IMO, he is probably worth about a late first, early second

That is what the Flames got in return for Bowmeister and Iginla.

Wheathead

Formally a McRib
Apr 4, 2008
Saskatoon
Guy is my height, if he is able to even put on 30-40 pounds which isn't impossible to believe for his height he will be an NHL player for sure.

Low risk monster reward.

If he's putting on 30-40 lbs, not all of that will be muscle. That's almost impossible without years and years of training.

But I kind of wonder if he's ever really been exposed to higher level athletic strength training.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Suprised they actually sent him back so quick.

they probably kept him as long as they had to to sign a deal then send him back to JR so he can get right at it. should get 200-270pts this year

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Tkachev dietitian should be this guy

tumblr_msnphlnIhT1rtvox8o1_500.jpg

Crobby

Sep 14, 2009
Intriguing player for sure. I hope he tears it up this year and eats his wheaties every day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad