Confirmed with Link: Oilers Sign Multiple AHL Depth Players

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton

Anyone with insight into any of these guys?

Ty Rattie (RW)
Mitch Callahan (RW)
Brian Ferlin (RW)
Grayson Downing (C)
Edward Pasquale (G)
Keegan Lowe (LD)
Ryan Stanton (LD)

Last edited:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I know that Lowe and former Oiler Kale Kessy didn't seem to like each other much IIRC they fought about 5 different times.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Keegan Lowe eh? Why should we really be surprised?

Even if he never plays a game for the big team he will respect the logo and make sure that those in Bakersfield do the same because of what it has done for his family. I know that it's so much fun to crap on such a signing but it is not a bad signing and if his name was Clowe instead of Lowe no one would be saying anything about it. I guess people have a beef that McLellan's son is at rookie camp too?

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
People shouldn't be mad at the Lowe deal. He's a really solid AHL d-man.

Much better than the Fraser signing last year.

The big one for me is Callahan. Love that deal.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
As I said in the other thread, I like the fact that they're bringing in guys to help Bakersfield. Winning is contagious, and I think Bakersfield making the playoffs and possibly winning a round or two would be huge for the development of the prospects down there.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
i'm actually surprised by this because he had apparently said he didn't want to be drafted by the Oilers in the 2011 draft because of hometown pressures to live up to his father or some such thing and 6 years later here he is.

I imagine he'd rather have an NHL contract over no NHL contract. This is a guy who went without a qualifying offer from Montreal after being ditched by the Hurricanes.

I doubt teams were lining up to offer him an NHL deal even if just a two-way one.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
i'm actually surprised by this because he had apparently said he didn't want to be drafted by the Oilers in the 2011 draft because of hometown pressures to live up to his father or some such thing and 6 years later here he is.

It's not a big concern to me as he's nowhere near NHL caliber. If he wants to become the next "Vicious" of the AHL, go for it. However, he shouldn't (and hopefully will not) get a call-up.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton

Maybe he feels better about it now that his father isn't running the hockey ops anymore. Things have calmed down a lot from the fans towards Lowe in the last two years. I'm just surprised because none of the other former Oil Kings have really worked out anywhere.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Maybe he feels better about it now that his father isn't running the hockey ops anymore. Things have calmed down a lot from the fans towards Lowe in the last two years. I'm just surprised because none of the other former Oil Kings have really worked out anywhere.

That and there's a difference between being 18 and being drafted by your dad's team, and signing there as a 24Y/O with a hell of a lot less expectations.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
That and there's a difference between being 18 and being drafted by your dad's team, and signing there as a 24Y/O with a hell of a lot less expectations.

i'll give him some credit for the fact that without sekera, reinhart and oesterle he might actually have a shot to crack the lineup for a month.

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.

^ya really....the star players from the Oil Kings Memorial Cup championship team have really kinda had their problems as pros haven't they? Samuelsson, Lazar, Moroz, Kulda, Reinhart....not much to see here, hey? :(

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
5 cheapish depth dmen remaining in free agency:

Guenin
Bartley
Goloubef
Kindl
Mcbain

...and 5 forwards:

Fontaine
Desharnais
Nestrasil
Rasmussen
Cullen

AVE MAN

Sep 29, 2003
Visit site
I like the Keegan Lowe signing for depth. I doubt very much that Pops has any say on player signings anymore. I hope this signing doesn't take us into that conversation again :(

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
^ya really....the star players from the Oil Kings Memorial Cup championship team have really kinda had their problems as pros haven't they? Samuelsson, Lazar, Moroz, Kulda, Reinhart....not much to see here, hey? :(

Pretty common that most good, not great CHL players don't amount to much in the NHL. Would have thought that a few would be solid depth players by now at least.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009

So that is 5 guys. Chiarelli said there would be 7. So there should be 2 more coming unless I'm missing anyone. (Let me know)

Anyone with insight into any of these guys?

"The Replacements"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad