Confirmed with Link: Oilers sign Corey Perry (775k AAV, 225k for 10GP, 50k for winning Round II, 50k for winning Round III)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Hmm true, good point. Perry’s work rate can give the wrong impression though, Gagner may be slow but he looks like he’s trying hard out there, Perry not so much lol.
With the amount people rip on Draisaitl, I'm sort of used to the nonsense to that end.

I will take slow and NHL effective over Cardio and hits any day. (Not that this roster has any of this anymore)

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012

There are lots of bad boys in the NHL (and pro sports in general) so I don't think the Flames (see Lucic for example) have anything to whine about.

I haven't followed the Perry story too closely but how serious was this incident that got him the boot? Did it involve assault?

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
Thing is if Calgary managed to sign Perry I doubt CP members would slag him like they are right now. The only thing that these Neanderthals live for is to hate the Oilers... I mean I hate the Flames too but good golly! I can't imagining hating a sports franchise so much that it ends up being my reason for living. :laugh:
I used to hate the Flames but I've lost alot of my animosity towards them. Hard to hate a toothless tiger.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
There are lots of bad boys in the NHL (and pro sports in general) so I don't think the Flames (see Lucic for example) have anything to whine about.

I haven't followed the Perry story too closely but how serious was this incident that got him the boot? Did it involve assault?
In Chicago? No, nothing quite that dramatic. From what I can parse out Perry got really drunk at team function that featured sponsors, and probably made an ass of himself. They suspended him and then "cancelled" his contract (I have no proof, but it sure seems like the Hawks got a free buyout), and so he spoke with some people about his drinking, but he's been given the all clear to play in the league again.

Also the Oilers called the Hawks about everything and were not concerned, for whatever that's worth.

Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Apr 22, 2023
CP is in full-on meltdown mode about the Perry signing, my god...I don't think I've ever read shit this embarrassing before in my life
There is one sane poster there; Teroy.
His comment: "Some of the comments on this site are embarrassing. It's time to grow up people."

I don't think they will grow up, they will all be 13 year old girls like Rejean31 who transposed her age in her user name.

Reactions: Oilhawks

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Really good signing. Hopefully Perry can continue with his off ice rehabilitation and find success in that, as well as help us take the next step on the ice. Found it a bit amusing that a player who recently was on three straight different SC runner up teams didn’t include a bonus requirement for actually winning the SC, stopped just short of that. ;)
Just look at it like he’s giving the team that final round for free.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
In Chicago? No, nothing quite that dramatic. From what I can parse out Perry got really drunk at team function that featured sponsors, and probably made an ass of himself. They suspended him and then "cancelled" his contract (I have no proof, but it sure seems like the Hawks got a free buyout), and so he spoke with some people about his drinking, but he's been given the all clear to play in the league again.

Also the Oilers called the Hawks about everything and were not concerned, for whatever that's worth.
Well, we have all done that at one time or another when we've had too much so I'm alright with the signing.

I don't want to sidetrack the thread but I was sickened when I went over to the Bruins site and saw some pinheads who blamed the Lucic incident on his wife and even joked about it. Admittedly, many guys on the Bruins site were far more mature about it than the aforementioned idiots.

It sounds like this incident was not similar in terms of seriousness or content.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Well, we have all done that at one time or another when we've had too much so I'm alright with the signing.

I don't want to sidetrack the thread but I was sickened when I went over to the Bruins site and saw some pinheads who blamed the Lucic incident on his wife and even joked about it. Admittedly, many guys on the Bruins site were far more mature about it than the aforementioned idiots.

It sounds like this incident was not similar in terms of seriousness or content.
Yeah, nothing close, which is why it's not contentious for me.

Reactions: MoontoScott

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005

Well... Yes, and also... hmmm... yes.

From what I've read (and seems to check out). He got drunk at the team function and behaved in a way quite similarly to how I greet my wife every night in front of my kids. But it was with a staffer, and while she did not report the incident, she was about as pleased and receptive as my wife usually is.... the incident was reported by an onlooker who was about as happy about it as my kids usually are.

Not quite as bad as the sort of thing Trump is willing to brag about, but in the same general neighborhood.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
IMG_0105.jpeg

This is every male Oiler fan right now.

oilexport

Aug 29, 2010
Lucic should be cheap too. Kane Milan Perry. Gangsta

(OK, I know Milan really screwed up...)

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Lol first day on the job and Perry has to take pics with fans for Oilers photo day. My cousin just posted a pic of him, Kemp and Ekholm together. I'm sure he received alot of 'Welcome to Edmonton' from excited fans.

Screenshot_20240122_210806_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Organizational culture matters to me as a person. As a fan, we want championships. No one goes back and wonders about how much of a rat Ken Linesman was. They just remember the guys lifting the cup.

Morally conflicted, but as a fan, I hope he helps us.

What moral is in conflict?

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
The question I have about the flames is what exactly it is about their environment that causes people to have mental health breakdowns so frequently.

Like it's a pretty low pressure environment all things considered... A little bizarre how they have more of that than pretty much the entire rest of the league combined. Something else wacky is going on to make it so hostile that people just straight up losing their mental.

Or as some call him - Roar-y Perry. 😘
As a fan base I’d love for us to stay away from mental health angle and the Flames. It’s a serious issue, glad these guys are getting support and everyone should be supporting them regardless of fan base. Sorry just a sore spot with me, let’s rise above on this one.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Ecstatic to have the worm on the team. A player you absolutely hate to see play against the team, but absolutely adore him if he's on your team. A key veteran who knows what it takes to win and hates to lose. I don't know exactly who will be his regular line mates, but I'm hoping Holloway will be one and gets a chip on his shoulder learning from Perry.

Welcome to the Oilers, Corey!
(Also eat shit Nick Kypreos, you salty little bitch acting like Perry had no suitors aside from Edmonton)

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Ecstatic to have the worm on the team. A player you absolutely hate to see play against the team, but absolutely adore him if he's on your team. A key veteran who knows what it takes to win and hates to lose. I don't know exactly who will be his regular line mates, but I'm hoping Holloway will be one and gets a chip on his shoulder learning from Perry.

Welcome to the Oilers, Corey!
(Also eat shit Nick Kypreos, you salty little bitch acting like Perry had no suitors aside from Edmonton)

I love seeing the energy he brings to the bench.

I also love that this was posted a couple weeks back by a Leafs fan thinking Perry was going there. lol!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad