GDT: Oilers @ SENS, Tonight 7pm TSN5, RDS, SNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
If White will play like he played last game this line will make a lot of sense

Stutzle-White-Batherson

But DJ Smith makes his decisions purely based on his imagined defensive capabilities of each line, on the worst defensive team in the last 10 years of NHL. May be he knows I do not, how to defend better. I wonder what DJ smokes.

Reactions: h2owned

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
If he is going to deploy Tierney and Brown vs McDavid why not put Paul back with them?

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Sounds like Mike Smith starting for the Oilers

edit: Yup

Sens72

Football Enthusiast
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
Mike Smith is terrible at handling pucks behind his net yet he does it so much. I like our chances if the Sens use that to their advantage.

Reactions: senswon

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Mike Smith is terrible at handling pucks behind his net yet he does it so much. I like our chances if the Sens use that to their advantage.

Mike Smith is terrible in general. This is our chance to really capitalize on a weak goalie.

Against Montreal Allen was really stellar for them, and we hit 2-3 posts. We play the same game against Edmonton's D and Smith and we will have a strong statement game. 2 wins in last 3 with what should have been 3 wins in a row.

Oilers have allowed 4 goals or more in 5 of the last 8 games. They've allowed 3 goals or more in 9 of the last 11(!!!) And thats with Koskinen!

Last edited:

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa

No one standing up for you must be new tho

He drew 3 penalties last game against the Habs. Would be stupid for anyone to jump in and take a needless penalty that negates our own powerplay.

Getting picked on is normal for star players, Crosby took a beating in his first couple of seasons and whined non stop about it until he finally realized it was not going to end and he became better for it as opposed to letting it ruin him. Stützle will be the same, he is a tough kid.

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008

No one standing up for you must be new tho

Ya I find it annoying people take runs at him and never have to answer for it. I don't care if you take a 5 min major and we lose the game, let a league wide memo be sent out that if you take runs at the kid(s) you will have to answer for it.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
He drew 3 penalties last game against the Habs. Would be stupid for anyone to jump in and take a needless penalty that negates our own powerplay.

Getting picked on is normal for star players, Crosby took a beating in his first couple of seasons and whined non stop about it until he finally realized it was not going to end and he became better for it as opposed to letting it ruin him. Stützle will be the same, he is a tough kid.
What are all the vets for then? The cross check to the head came for 2 seconds left.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008

Crosby once slashed a guys finger off and didn't get a penalty for it then had the nerve to cry to the ref about a trip like 10 minutes later.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

Chabot with more of a plan than DJ had

This sounds obvious but you do understand that the coach doesn't go into too much detail when talking to the media for a reason right?

I'm not a big fan of DJ's "work harder" talk but I also don't think that that is the heart of what he communicates to the players.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
This sounds obvious but you do understand that the coach doesn't go into too much detail when talking to the media for a reason right?

I'm not a big fan of DJ's "work harder" talk but I also don't think that that is the heart of what he communicates to the players.
Yeah so he should be giving chabot some shit when he sees him for giving away too much

coming out and basically saying “hope” is bs and she never ever say dumb shit like that again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad