GDT: Oilers @ SENS, Tonight 7pm TSN5, RDS, SNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Yeah, sure, whatever you say.

You are about as deep as DJ is with the media.

Good job.
Well did you not just imply DJ doesn’t give away much so that other teams don’t find out his strategy (it didn’t seem to matter). Chabot just said a lot more than DJ said.

DJ is as deep with the media as he is with his game plans

IlTerrifico

Oct 24, 2016
Going to say it’s another ugly defensive game

Only if we take excessive penalties.

The new defensive line up sees us winning or at least tying so many more foot speed battles in the d zone, so that the sustained pressure has come way down.

Since the Oilers' forwards outside of McDavid and Draisaitl are not exceedingly talented, defending those 2, especially on the powerplay, is key.

Holding the balanced Habs offence to 4 goals in 2 games should mean that the same plan can contain the Oilers outside of the Big 2 to few chances, as well or better than the last 4-2 loss in Edmonton. Add in the recent confidence boost, and there could be a nice momentum shaping up.

Or I could be channeling my inner Dorion and be completely wrong...

Last edited:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Well did you not just imply DJ doesn’t give away much so that other teams don’t find out his strategy (it didn’t seem to matter). Chabot just said a lot more than DJ said.

DJ is as deep with the media as he is with his game plans

Like I said: sure, whatever you say.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Had no idea where to ask this. But talking with some buddies. Do any of the insiders here know what really went down with dany heatley when he demanded the trade?

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
-Bad goaltending...blow out or a bad loss

-Good goaltending....we keep it close, maybe even squeak out a win.

If we replicate the Montreal game we probably win easily tonight.

Reactions: Emrasie

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Had no idea where to ask this. But talking with some buddies. Do any of the insiders here know what really went down with dany heatley when he demanded the trade?

Naww we don't know for sure. We've all heard from a friend who heard from a friend what really happened tho!

The truth is probably a lot more boring than those stories. Hopefully someday we get a tell all tho.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
more specific than "work"

I think the team needs three forwards who are quick, fast and strong checkers to contain McDavid and Drais. We might have one: Formenton, who is not playing.

Defensively we need at least two D who can pre vent them from attacking the net with strong positional defensive play and high end skating skills. Who fits that requirement on our D?

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
He drew 3 penalties last game against the Habs. Would be stupid for anyone to jump in and take a needless penalty that negates our own powerplay.

Getting picked on is normal for star players, Crosby took a beating in his first couple of seasons and whined non stop about it until he finally realized it was not going to end and he became better for it as opposed to letting it ruin him. Stützle will be the same, he is a tough kid.

And Gretzky had Semenko and McSorely riding shotgun!

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I'm sure you would have just been complaining about a vet taking a penalty ruining our chance at a comeback anyways.
What do I care about the score? We’re finishing dead last anyway. There’s two seconds on the board. That should have been fireworks.

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020

No one standing up for you must be new tho

He wasn't targeted in the last game. The first high stick (was NOT a high stick or a penalty). The 2nd high stick I don't know what Chariot was doing (no one does). The crosscheck with 2 seconds to go was HOPEFULLY retaliation for the cheap shot on Evans.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
He wasn't targeted in the last game. The first high stick (was NOT a high stick or a penalty). The 2nd high stick I don't know what Chariot was doing (no one does). The crosscheck with 2 seconds to go was HOPEFULLY retaliation for the cheap shot on Evans.
giphy.gif

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Is anyone in here a vet? My dog sprained her wrist and I need someone to tell me sh will be ok :(

spent all day Saturday at the 24hr vet and she still is crying when trying to get up

Read The

Feb 7, 2021

whatever the reason, he will always be a senators legend for scamming Melnyk out of the 4 million signing bonus

f***ing all star

Matsens15

Dec 1, 2009
Ottawa

It was because of Cory Clouston. He put #50in07 on PP2 and reduce his ice time and at the end of the season he asked for a trade.

Edit: It was known at the timethat All Star Heater and Clouston didn't like each other..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad