GDT: Oilers @ Sabres 12:30 PM EST TV:MSG Radio:WGR550 - Afternoon Delight?

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
Turned off game immediately after Powers scored.

Returned to find all this. lol.
I was already past the Bison’s field walking to my car when the shootout started, lol. There was zero reason to think the game wasn’t over. The team celebrated, Sabretooth was on the ice, and everybody was heading for the exits.

From a fan perspective, overturning a GWG after the teams go to the locker room shouldn’t be allowed. Just deal with whatever the bad call was at that point (and this one was as ticky tack as it gets).

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
20230208_215143.jpg

"Today the NHL overturned the result of a game 15 minutes after it ended on an offside call not noticeable by the human eye earning themselves a coveted spot in the Guinness Book Of Giant Incompetents".

Last edited by a moderator:

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Well now that that’s done, I’m gonna drunkenly do my taxes

Update: I can’t do them because my program is adamant that I sold my apartment at some point in 2023, so I need to claim it.

This is an apartment I rent. Not a condo I own. I literally cannot sell it if I wanted to

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
I was already past the Bison’s field walking to my car when the shootout started, lol. There was zero reason to think the game wasn’t over. The team celebrated, Sabretooth was on the ice, and everybody was heading for the exits.

From a fan perspective, overturning a GWG after the teams go to the locker room shouldn’t be allowed. Just deal with whatever the bad call was at that point (and this one was as ticky tack as it gets).
Hopefully the NHL takes a long look at the challenge during the offseason and consigns it to the dustbin of hockey history.

BUCKSHOT

""""""""""""""""""""""
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
I got invited to the game last minute today, great game to be at ... Especially when you figure they lose 9-1
Plenty of part-time Oiler fans in attendance judging by the jerseys. I'm sure they'll help.

Hey, a dirty effort goal!
I guess 30-40% Oil fans
There has to be a nasty illness going around.. Tage looks gassed after every shift

Tage is going through something

I don't like Thompson at all. Although he scored the goal, but his intensity left a lot to be desired. seems listless. and not just since today

That’s fan derived gossip. He was listed as having a UBI
I watched Tage alot today, something is wrong with his right arm/shoulder
Granato played Byram as F in OT for some reason.
there were 2 D and 1 F on the ice for alot of the OT
I hope the 6 fans there are booing
the arena was pretty full today

Reactions: Chainshot

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
View attachment 833257
"Today the NHL overturned the result of a game 15 minutes after it ended on an offside call not noticeable by the human eye earning themselves a coveted spot in the Guinness Book Of Giant Incompetents".
Funny, but would prefer you not using that word -- even with the *'s. Sorry to be a party pooper, but I feel pretty strongly about this one. [Edit - redacted in quote]

Didn't play from the halfway point of the 2nd period. He and Skinner got benched.
Skinner 9:15 TOI
JJP 6:04
Robinson 15:33
VO 14:40

Pretty interesting. And well deserved.

EDIT -- holy cow - I didn't realize Tuch played 26:53. That's a lot of ice. Pretty crazy. I wonder if it was a total benching of JJP and Skinner or if they are sick. I heard maybe the flu is going around. Not sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Funny, but would prefer you not using that word -- even with the *'s. Sorry to be a party pooper, but I feel pretty strongly about this one.

Skinner 9:15 TOI
JJP 6:04
Robinson 15:33
VO 14:40

Pretty interesting. And well deserved.
Arse hats would be a reasonable compromise

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad