GDT: Oilers @ Sabres 12:30 PM EST TV:MSG Radio:WGR550 - Afternoon Delight?

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
They have to draw the line somewhere, and they have a big blue one on the ice. Offside is offside, and that was, even if it was millimetres.

I just hate it that the opposing team probably had no problem with that entry at the time, but the moment a goal is scored they go straight to the screens to hunt for a reason to have it overturned. That doesn’t feel like sports.
There would be no look had it been the Oilers scoring and that’s where we take issue.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Funny that Granato waits until the end of the season to finally demote the two most selfish SOBs on the team in Skinner and JJP. It may have been because Tuch was injured and he’s healthy now?

Sammy done for the season? Man I’d love to see our top 4 now with Byram.
Sure seems like Donny MUCH prefers Joki over Clifton. I’m still worried about the idea of trading him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ralonzo

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia
WTF?

NHL.com has us winning the game on a shootout, not OT. They even list the shootout results :huh:

sabres.jpg

BuffaloGooner

Sep 8, 2011
Sloan, NY
And that Ryan Johansen is the NHLs worst player. Byram was, by far, his most frequent teammate this year.

Once Byram gets some PP time to figure that out, you’ll have a 20+ goal scoring defender per season.

You guys are going to win this trade by a country mile. And Mitts looked very solid in his Avs debut. He played well for us in game 1. I’m pleased. That’s not a knock on Mitts.

You guys just got the way better player.
Yeah what’s up with that? His teammate splits are kinda insane. Byram almost never played with Colorados big guns.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Yeah what’s up with that? His teammate splits are kinda insane. Byram almost never played with Colorados big guns.
Was able to watch your game in full today...hope Byram turns out great for you guys. He's a great personality, fun player.

Regarding the splits...part strategy (Avs love loading up all their top guys on the ice all at once, which often results in huge mismatches against the opposition when MacK, Rantanen, Makar, and Toews are all on the ice together) part lack of forward depth (Johansen was literally brought in to be the #2 centre and....yeah).

I said here about two months ago that Byram was probably never going to fulfill his potential in Colorado since Toews-Makar have locked in the first pairing role and the Avs want everyone else on defense to play a far more structured role (they've kinda done the same with Girard). It works for the purposes of winning, but I think Byram was/is probably quite happy to get out based on his reaction to the trade. If you guys play him like you did today -- #1 powerplay, 25+ minutes, starring role on defense with Dahlin, etc. -- then I'd say there's a good chance you have a star on your hands. He's absurdly talented and will shine in the starring role he never was gonna get in Colorado if he can figure out the consistency.

RoyalOverNavy

Feb 25, 2023
NHL.com didn't show the overtime offside in its game recap video.
Is it available earlier in this thread, or can someone post it?

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Because Bednar had him carry our lousy middle six forwards. Tough assignment. He looks better playing with better players. Go figure.

You draft a great player 4th overall and he plays better with top of lineup guys rather than middle six nobodies. Shocking? Not really.

At least this trade Ts Byram up to sign his next deal at an AAV he deserves. Or better said. Earns.

Last edited:

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
Funny that Granato waits until the end of the season to finally demote the two most selfish SOBs on the team in Skinner and JJP. It may have been because Tuch was injured and he’s healthy now?

Sure seems like Donny MUCH prefers Joki over Clifton. I’m still worried about the idea of trading him.
Henri would be a good 3rd pair guy but he’s probably making too much money for that position.

I’d like to add a wild horse monster for our 3rd pair, someone like Zadorov or another mauler to round out what we’ve got. Cliffton isn’t it in my opinion.

Macbanan

Dec 28, 2013
Uppsala, Sweden
Power's goal was overturned for offside about 10 minutes after the game ended they had to bring everybody back out and continue.

Wow, haha ok. I saw that goal and said "that looked offside". But I was relieved when everybody left the ice and the Swedish commentator crew ended the broadcast and some F1 racing started.

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
Missed the first Byram Sabres game but really liked what I saw out of him today. Definitely has some physicality that many other defensemen with his ability to contribute on offense lack.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad