Post-Game Talk: Oilers Ruin Yak's Return 3-1

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Well, there's the good TSN and the bad TSN.

The good TSN is McKenzie, LeBrun, Duthie, Dreger, Ferraro and so on. When they do a top-50 players list or draft stuff or trade-deadline stuff, they're the best.

And then there's the jobbers, ex-players and ********** they employ to give opinions about games they don't watch in situations they have no understanding of. Like Jeff O'Neil and Dave Hodge's Reporters.

Theres no good TSN period. Amazed you even included Dreger. Every single trade involves the Leafs according to him

McSpecial DraiBlend

Feb 18, 2010
Kelowna, Canada
How does angry Ray Ferraro make that list. He's grumpy even from my couch.

rayferraroalertchart.jpg

:laugh:
This actually made me laugh. I do like Ferraro and he does give some really good insite.
I appreciate him more on the radio much like Pierre McGruire (Who I can't stand on TV). I could believe how much I enjoyed listening to Pierre after I heard him on a hockey talk show.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
The thing about Ferraro that makes me laugh is when he asks a rhetorical question, but asks it menacingly, and stares at the person angrily like he's waiting for an answer to argue.:laugh:
Ray Ferraro is such a goof, and it's worse when he's on Gregors show...those 2 are painful together.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Well, there's the good TSN and the bad TSN.

The good TSN is McKenzie, LeBrun, Duthie, Dreger, Ferraro and so on. When they do a top-50 players list or draft stuff or trade-deadline stuff, they're the best.

And then there's the jobbers, ex-players and ********** they employ to give opinions about games they don't watch in situations they have no understanding of. Like Jeff O'Neil and Dave Hodge's Reporters.

It's really sad what Dave Hodge has become. I was a big fan of his 25 years ago.

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC

rayferraroalertchart.jpg

Ferraro is on TSN 1040 radio here in Vancouver as a guest analyst most weekdays at 4:00, and he's excellent in that role IMO. As a color commentator that chart is not necessarily that far off :laugh:

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton

rayferraroalertchart.jpg

When he's part of the panel or is asked to give an opinion, it's well measured and he's not completely ignorant. Has a good concept of what's going on with West teams.

I like his fire on commentary, but I can see why people don't.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Theres no good TSN period.

That's dumb.

TSN is responsible for almost all of the meaningful advancements in hockey broadcasting over the last twenty years and almost all of the people responsible for that are still there. Bob McKenzie basically doesn't have a peer in hockey journalism - ever - and is still the damned bible when it comes to the draft, trades and signing. LeBrun is on the short-list of truly connected people and whatever you think about Darren Dreger, he's probably at worst a Kypreos-level source and breaks a lot of news.

If there isn't a "good TSN", there isn't a good hockey broadcaster on the planet.

Last edited:

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
When he's part of the panel or is asked to give an opinion, it's well measured and he's not completely ignorant. Has a good concept of what's going on with West teams.

I like his fire on commentary, but I can see why people don't.

I like Ferraro too. I agree with him much more than disagree and he is able to give good reasons for his opinions.

He is definitely a total a-hole jock though, as we have seen from his accidentally recorded stuff during commercials. He is good enough at hiding it though when he knows he's being listened to by an audience :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad