Post-Game Talk: Oilers Ruin Yak's Return 3-1

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
O'Neill and Hayes are two of the biggest Leaf fanboys around. Two idiots with little knowledge outside of their crappy team.

Doubtful. O'Neill has a fear of flying, we'll never have to see that fat ***** in Edmonton unless he decides to drive from Toronto.

obviously he doesnt have a fear of heart disease

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
It's too bad that insufferable chump O'Neill doesn't fly, we won't get to give him a warm welcome if he came to our building.

"Embarrassing", "saving face". Maybe whoever is making the GDT when we play the Leafs can incorporate it.

I'd love to see us put up 8+ goals on his precious Leafs. Those rookies are sloppy with the puck and they have weak D and terrible goaltending. McDavid and company will feast on them. Hopefully we embarrass them on the scoreboard.

Only way to shut them up is to keep winning. I believe in this squad, this isn't the same old Oilers people are used to laughing at and disrespecting.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I noticed it as well. I think Perron got a lot of undeserved flak here. He was a reasonable player here and I still think a better player than somebody like Pouliot.

That said Perron was a good part of the Blues being too cute with the puck tonight. Talbot was so hot the Blues got to trying to pass the puck into the net instead of a typical game of keep getting the puck into good dangerous spots.

Perron was a good player here until he got fed up with how things were being run and spoke up about it publicly. After that, the media turned him into a pariah while waiting for the team to trade him. Much like Souray, much like Smid.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
It's too bad that insufferable chump O'Neill doesn't fly, we won't get to give him a warm welcome if he came to our building.

"Embarrassing", "saving face". Maybe whoever is making the GDT when we play the Leafs can incorporate it.

I'd love to see us put up 8+ goals on his precious Leafs. Those rookies are sloppy with the puck and they have weak D and terrible goaltending. McDavid and company will feast on them. Hopefully we embarrass them on the scoreboard.

Only way to shut them up is to keep winning. I believe in this squad, this isn't the same old Oilers people are used to laughing at and disrespecting.

The funny thing is if the Oilers dropped 8 goals on the Leafs the article the next day would be about how classless the Oilers are for running up the score.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
The funny thing is if the Oilers dropped 8 goals on the Leafs the article the next day would be about how classless the Oilers are for running up the score.

We play them Nov. 1st in Toronto.

Lets clear out the library before the game is finished. It would be perfect if McDavid came out and just ran them out of their own building. Run up the score.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007

Lets clear out the library before the game is finished. It would be perfect if McDavid came out and just ran them out of their own building. Run up the score.

I would certainly enjoy that.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto

My cousin and I are going to the game. I hope we bury them.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I've got a complaint.

Why is it that on a channel called Sportsnet Oilers there is absolutely no pre-game show and absolutely no post-game show?

Right up until 7:00 sportsnet runs their crappy "plays of the month" show, and immediately after the three stars they go right back to playing the exact same crappy "plays of the month" show.

They have Spec/Debrusk/Gene on for about 3 minutes in the intermission and thats it for analysis during the game. We can't get 15-20 minutes before hand where they play interviews/discuss the game? Or 15-20 minutes after where they go over the game and do some post game interviews or something? It's such a bare bones delivery.

Another terrible fail (among many) for Sportsnet. Very disappointing, after a game like that, not to see any kind of post game show.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
Perron was a good player here until he got fed up with how things were being run and spoke up about it publicly. After that, the media turned him into a pariah while waiting for the team to trade him. Much like Souray, much like Smid.

He asked for a trade. He was good the first season he was here, but it looked like he packed it in when he realized the Oilers weren't going anywhere.

Klimando Kostani

Sep 17, 2013
Victoria
Nashville just fell apart in the third. They have three players out due to the flu, they left as the game progressed.

Our entire division is looking pretty weak right now. The other teams will likely come around and right the ship, just hope we continue taking as many points as we can while they fall all over themselves.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I had a solid feeling that the 3rd would be great for the Oilers... thought they'd win by 5-1 when all was said and done... not quite obviously... but you can see this team isn't the same as they were in the past.

They aren't quite there yet... but the tide is turning and their ability to claw and fight for a win is better than it has been in the past... they're more able to respond and stand up to a pushback from opponents.

This definitely looks like it will be a different team this year.

Klimando Kostani

Sep 17, 2013
Victoria
I had a solid feeling that the 3rd would be great for the Oilers... thought they'd win by 5-1 when all was said and done... not quite obviously... but you can see this team isn't the same as they were in the past.

They aren't quite there yet... but the tide is turning and their ability to claw and fight for a win is better than it has been in the past... they're more able to respond and stand up to a pushback from opponents.

Wow, what gave you that feeling? I was worried that since we played a good 40 we might be due for a flop. Few other posters in the GDT were worried about the same thing

It would be good to see more games like the last one where we played solid hockey through 60 minutes, night in, night out.

A lot of people compare the early record this season to other seasons we've started good. I think this season might be different. This is easily the most talented and balanced lineup we have iced in ten years. Also through the grace of injuries, new coaches, contract hold outs, and whatever else the teams that normally dominate the league are struggling. Are we witnessing early season hiccups that will be tweaked by roster changes and practice? Or is there a power shift occuring in the NHL?

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Can't believe the crap the Toronto TSN media is spewing. Apparently we are an "embarrassment", and "trying to save face". Completely unneeded from them.

No understanding of the situation and us wanting to thank him for all he did in the community and for the peopl of Edmonton.

http://www.tsn.ca/video/o-neill-what-was-the-tribute-about~977826

The Toronto media jumps at any chance to bash the Oilers. The other night, when Hall scored two goals, the TSN anchors (I think one of them was Kate Bierness) used it as an opportunity to remind the viewers how badly Chiarelli lost that trade. No mention at all how the Oilers were 3-1 at the time and that was the Devils first win of the year. Also no mention that Hall had no points in their first two games which were both losses. Just that the trade was terrible for the Oilers and Hall finally scoring two goals proves it.

I wish these guys would have been bashing the Oilers 5-6 years ago or when Lowe hired Mactavish as GM instead of waiting until they actually hired competent hockey people. We might have been able to avoid a few years of awful hockey. Maybe that's another story in itself.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta

Yup, and the good thing is that there is very little to think that this team won't continue to improve over the next few years. Most of the vets are young enough that their play should not fall off for at least a few years, and guys like McDavid, Draisaitl, Klefbom, Larsson, and Nurse should only get better. There's also hope for once in our prospect pool with guys like Puljujarvi, Slepyshev, Khaira, Caggiula, Brossoit, Benning, Oesterle, Reinhart, (and now even Pitlick) looking like they can and will be at least depth NHLers in the near future. Even if some don't pan out, or some get lost to waivers, we should be getting some significant cost controlled roster players over the next 5 years, especially when you factor in the junior guys that could be getting their foot in the door in a couple years.

I really like that Chiarelli has been able to grab some quality college FA's as well (lets you skip the long development process and get them on ELC's at a much older age to give them development time without waivers), and I hope that continues over the next few years (winning certainly won't hurt that). For once it actually feels good to be an Oiler fan and theres some light at the end of the tunnel (and not that light that management was selling for the past 5 years).

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Wow, what gave you that feeling? I was worried that since we played a good 40 we might be due for a flop. Few other posters in the GDT were worried about the same thing

It would be good to see more games like the last one where we played solid hockey through 60 minutes, night in, night out.

A lot of people compare the early record this season to other seasons we've started good. I think this season might be different. This is easily the most talented and balanced lineup we have iced in ten years. Also through the grace of injuries, new coaches, contract hold outs, and whatever else the teams that normally dominate the league are struggling. Are we witnessing early season hiccups that will be tweaked by roster changes and practice? Or is there a power shift occuring in the NHL?

Seems familiar for some reason. Seen it a number of times so there is that for a basis.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009

I think it was the first Eakins year and we started good (lost5 and then won 5 straight) and I came on here at that 4th straight win and stated we got out played in every game but we got lucky and soon other teams were going to make us pay for being sloppy. I stated we were a horrible team and likely to be in the bottom 5 again. People were talking playoffs. To the eye...we were a complete wreck and our choaches nor players were learning from our mistakes.

I got murdered on here for saying it

and sure enough we went into the year long dive.

THIS YEAR IS DIFFERENT. we can play different types of hockey. We can scoredifferent ways. We can defend at a average level as a team...and getting better. Our D are much better. Our goaltending is now onboard.

And unlike the lockout year when i warned everyone that other teams didnt have training camp and we leaned on guys who had been playing together in the AHL...and i warned those other teams would wake up.
Unlike that year WE ARE STILL ADJUSTING to new faces. We still have a sloppiness that comes from roster changes. We are the ones getting better.

So I think this is the real deal.
I said it when we made the LArsson trade and Looch signing. We can make the playoffs. With the play of Russel and showings by other guys like Pitlick, Slep, Lander even...we actually have some serious substance to this team PLUS our regular potential.

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.

Perron is and always was a one man player who is not that well liked, Smid was damaged goods when we traded him and both trades were actually the only good things McTavish did.

Souray is a different story for sure.

McSpecial DraiBlend

Feb 18, 2010
Kelowna, Canada
The Toronto media jumps at any chance to bash the Oilers. The other night, when Hall scored two goals, the TSN anchors (I think one of them was Kate Bierness) used it as an opportunity to remind the viewers how badly Chiarelli lost that trade. No mention at all how the Oilers were 3-1 at the time and that was the Devils first win of the year. Also no mention that Hall had no points in their first two games which were both losses. Just that the trade was terrible for the Oilers and Hall finally scoring two goals proves it.

I wish these guys would have been bashing the Oilers 5-6 years ago or when Lowe hired Mactavish as GM instead of waiting until they actually hired competent hockey people. We might have been able to avoid a few years of awful hockey. Maybe that's another story in itself.

It's cute that you still watch TSN.
They have become unbearable for myself.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton

Well, there's the good TSN and the bad TSN.

The good TSN is McKenzie, LeBrun, Duthie, Dreger, Ferraro and so on. When they do a top-50 players list or draft stuff or trade-deadline stuff, they're the best.

And then there's the jobbers, ex-players and ********** they employ to give opinions about games they don't watch in situations they have no understanding of. Like Jeff O'Neil and Dave Hodge's Reporters.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012

Only one I still somewhat respect on their is Ferraro. I don't even care to listen to Dreger or McKenzie anymore. They are all trash. And then there's some people who are upset that TSN doesn't carry any more hockey. When SN took over the hockey world, I was more than happy.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Only one I still somewhat respect on their is Ferraro. I don't even care to listen to Dreger or McKenzie anymore. They are all trash. And then there's some people who are upset that TSN doesn't carry any more hockey. When SN took over the hockey world, I was more than happy.

Well, there's the good TSN and the bad TSN.

The good TSN is McKenzie, LeBrun, Duthie, Dreger, Ferraro and so on. When they do a top-50 players list or draft stuff or trade-deadline stuff, they're the best.

And then there's the jobbers, ex-players and ********** they employ to give opinions about games they don't watch in situations they have no understanding of. Like Jeff O'Neil and Dave Hodge's Reporters.

Ferraro's talk yell is too much for me. It either annoys me or infuriates me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad