Recalled/Assigned: Oilers Recall Iiro Pakarinen

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
PacMan is back... With Nelson here I expect Pakarainen to stick around til the end of season.. He was decent the first outing but will even be better..

oilers83

Feb 14, 2008
PacMan is back... With Nelson here I expect Pakarainen to stick around til the end of season.. He was decent the first outing but will even be better..

Should be bringing up a bunch of kids. Give them a taste and let them experience the NHL. Shows them how hard they must work.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Lord help this roster if it's both of Hall and Pouliot out.

Fraser-RNH-Eberle
Yakupov-Roy-Purcell
Hendricks-Gordon-Klinkhammer
Gazdic-Lander-Pakarinen

Congrats on showing signs of life in your NHL career Anton! Btw here are your wingers for the next game...

Still DRAI

Jun 15, 2013

I'm really hoping that this is actually a sign that Fraser is going to sit a few games, since he's been relatively underwhelming after a hot start and Pakarinen has played well with Lander (I believe they were on a line?) before.

Of course, by now we should expect the worst, and we've probably wound up losing both Hall and Pouliot for the season :cry:

McDeathbyCheerios*

Fraser-RNH-Eberle
Yakupov-Roy-Purcell
Hendricks-Gordon-Klinkhammer
Gazdic-Lander-Pakarinen

Congrats on showing signs of life in your NHL career Anton! Btw here are your wingers for the next game...
No the roster would be...

Yakupov - RNH - Eberle
Pakarainen -Roy - Purcell
Fraser -Lander - Gazdic
Hendricks - Gordon - Klinkhammer

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
From yesterday:
Jason Gregor
I asked Fleming which player is most NHL-ready, "Pakarinen," he said without hesitation. Food for thought for next season. #Oilers

Jason Gregor
"He has been our most consistent forward in all areas; scoring, defensive awareness, agitating. He is getting better." Fleming on Pakarinen

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I really hope we can get Pouliot back asap. He's got chemistry with both scoring lines.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Should be bringing up a bunch of kids. Give them a taste and let them experience the NHL. Shows them how hard they must work.

Who would learn how to work hard by being around the Oilers?

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
he wasn't bad. Fraser will have his work cut out for him if Iiro keeps the pace up.

Any word on Nikitin? Who gets called up on defense? Marincin's stats have been lousy.

Marincin was the Oilers best defenseman at the end of last season. I don't care how lousy he's been in the AHL, get him up here especially with Nelson coaching. The way they've handled him is pathetic.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
he wasn't bad. Fraser will have his work cut out for him if Iiro keeps the pace up.

Any word on Nikitin? Who gets called up on defense? Marincin's stats have been lousy.

I wouldn't mind calling up Marincin just to pull him away from the Barons. Things aren't working for him there. Klefbom struggled for the Barons too. Marincin can be the 7th D for the Oil and can practice with the team. I swear there's something going on with Marincin that we don't know about, and the people in charge don't want to talk about it.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Marincin was the Oilers best defenseman at the end of last season. I don't care how lousy he's been in the AHL, get him up here especially with Nelson coaching. The way they've handled him is pathetic.

I would agree with you if Marincin were doing better with the Barons. If management were just stupid and were making the wrong call, wouldn't Marincin go down there and tear up the AHL and force his way back up here?

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I wouldn't mind calling up Marincin just to pull him away from the Barons. Things aren't working for him there. Klefbom struggled for the Barons too. Marincin can be the 7th D for the Oil and can practice with the team. I swear there's something going on with Marincin that we don't know about, and the people in charge don't want to talk about it.
Just yesterday Fleming said he was the most NHL ready D man on the team.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I said very early in the season that Pakarinen would be a full time member of the Oilers by the end of the season... sticking to that prediction.

He's exactly what this roster is lacking... a player that is good at all aspects of the game... has a decent shot... plus he has decent speed and size.

I know some will obviously say... wait until we see what he does before we anoint him as a permanent contributing member of the roster... but I'm very confident he'll step right in and be one of the best all around players on the team.

I guarantee within a few games we'll be asking ourselves why this player wasn't in the lineup much earlier.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Just yesterday Fleming said he was the most NHL ready D man on the team.

That's great to hear considering that it seems every article seems to bash him in some way. I actually googled what you said and found an interview. I guess he's getting better.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Pakarinen new first line winger?
Pouliot stays on second?

It was so much funner to predict the lines when Eakins was here.
Fraser-RNH-Eberle
Ryan Hamilton-Roy-Purcell
Pakarinen-Lander-Gazdic
Yakupov-Gordon-Hendricks

I almost miss the bad old days.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad