Recalled/Assigned: Oilers Recall Condors (Reinhart, Ellis, Fayne, Oesterle, Lander, LaLeggia)

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Posting just to gripe about the flow of the thread without even commenting on Reinhart makes things better how?

Reinhart is called up to play whatever role Davidson would have but for the trade. A little insurance that the team hopefully won't need. It will take two of the current defencemen in the line up being out for Reinhart to draw in. Just as it would have for Davidson if he were still on the team.

Happy to make the connection for you. :laugh:

I count one. I'd rather have Reinhart in than Gryba.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Oilers Recall Condors [Reinhart, Ellis]

Don't feel like starting a new thread. Nick Ellis has been recalled. Will update this thread and title when other recalls are made.

EDIT: I imagine his recall is to give the player practicing two goalie (Brossoit and Ellis) to shoot on. I imagine Talbot getting morning skates and practice time off.

Last edited:

McArthur

May 26, 2010
Hockey Heart Land
I count one. I'd rather have Reinhart in than Gryba.

I'd rather have Gryba than Benning... Benning looked decent with Sekera the other night. But they were never in their own zone long enough to expose either one. maybe that is the point with playing Benning... that he's not having to play in his own end. But that is not always going to be the case. The kid looked exposed at the end of the season to me. he was decent after getting a break. Gryba, hasn't been perfect. but I see a guy that will be less exposed at our end of the ice. Griffen shouldn't be the focus though. How long are they going to hold back Darnell Nurse? I don't care who is in the bottom six because the focus should be what we do with our top 4. That kid needs to rush. needs it. I can understand they have been doing well but there is a dimension we are missing and that kid craves it. Rush him up the same side as Lucic, and lets really see what he can do and what Lucic can do. Run Eberle in wide and RNH can trail. Lets see what the rebound looks like with Lucic and Nurse on the doorstep.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Ellis definitely makes sense in case of emergency and it gives another practice goalie for all the healthy scratches. A good taste for him as well to be around the club and get some practice time in with NHLers.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
There have been so many people saying things like this over the years. Glencross is a dime a dozen, Brodziak won't stick in the NHL, Dubnyk is worthless, Petry is overrated, etc etc....

There have been lots of good players here that we have sold short and passed up on their best years. Davidson showed plenty of good things while he was here and he has the tools to be a solid D-man. Thats not worthless -- 2 years ago we had 1 or 2 in our entire system. Giving him up for nothing is not beneficial. If we had packaged him up with picks for Brian Boyle, then at least we'd be getting a rental who could bring something to our run. Desharnais is not really built for playoff hockey. I still hope he finds a way to contribute, but I'd rather have 100 other players including Davidson. Would have been better just flipping him for a 7th round pick and calling up Lander. At least we'd have a reliable faceoff winning PKing center and a 7th round pick.

It works both ways though. Many thought that Maroon, Kassian were done and that Talbot was just a backup. Good GMs like Chiarelli manage to make fewer mistakes when evaluating players, but they are certainly not immune to them. Just like amateurish GMs like Tambellini and MacTavish occasionally find diamonds in the rough (Klefbom, Brossoit, Slepyshev were decent to great pickups).

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
Davey was not great in the 10 games he played in Montreal after the trade then got sick and missed last two games at the end of the season. Nesterov took his spot and played OK in those last two regular season games so Davey has been a healthy scratch in the playoffs. He's been ready to play since G1 - Nesterov simply took his job.

Depth at center (where we have almost none) is just as important as depth at LD (where we have lots).

Seems Davidson took his job back from Nesterov, not that this is the most important point in this debate.

Bottom line lets hope if Reinhardt plays he does ok and secondly Deharnais is dead weight, personally I prefer Lander over him mostly because of faceoffs in defensive end on PK and PK in general.

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
Ellis definitely makes sense in case of emergency and it gives another practice goalie for all the healthy scratches. A good taste for him as well to be around the club and get some practice time in with NHLers.

He has earned it. Great rookie season in the AHL. This guy is GOOD. Future NHL starter. Keep the NCAA pipeline coming Chia. Brilliant.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
He has earned it. Great rookie season in the AHL. This guy is GOOD. Future NHL starter. Keep the NCAA pipeline coming Chia. Brilliant.

I wouldn't go that far yet, he's still got a lot of work to do, but very promising rookie year. Next season will be interesting to follow with he and Starrett. Interested to see if they end up signing Svoboda.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I wouldn't be so sure about that. It was a very bad trade and may be the deciding factor if the Oilers lose to SJ.

Not having Davidson will be the deciding factor in the series? :laugh:
Oh man, I've heard it all now.

FYI, he's not even in the lineup when Nurse is healthy just to let you know.

It's amazing how much certain Oiler fans feen for mediocre players. Marincin, Gordon, now Davidson. All devastating losses when they were dealt.

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
Calling up ellis is a real smart move. The most important factor for many ncaa Ufa is opportunity. Chia can point to cagula, benning, and now ellis as guys who were given a real shot including gifted time in the nhl. He can show the prospect tonight's roster and then ask how many other teams have 3 guys in one ncaa Ufa year actually in the playoffs

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Not having Davidson will be the deciding factor in the series? :laugh:
Oh man, I've heard it all now.

FYI, he's not even in the lineup when Nurse is healthy just to let you know.

It's amazing how much certain Oiler fans feen for mediocre players. Marincin, Gordon, now Davidson. All devastating losses when they were dealt.

Wasnt you one of many who thought Marincin>klefbom or at least =, there were a poll and a thread about it i remembered! Probably not , then you hadnt brought him up!? Or was you on Ference fence or Nikitin when we signed them?

Jultz flourish in Pitts and Petry are a lock 2/ 3 in Habs! I mean holy cow, Taylor Chorney even played 55 games last year for the Caps, 18 this year would say thats 5-6 in a less team.

I dont think Davidson are our saviour but its great to have depht at the blueline and he is in again in habs after illness, thinks he is 6-7 in a healthy habs for the moment, but obvious players develop late especially Defenders. For me he would be a safe choice over a ahl call up and Gryba/Benning this playoff!

DD doesnt bring nothing,Nada, Noll to our playoff run, Davidson had at least meant a choice. The trade was a fail and thats it!

Cheers and lets win tonight!

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Wasnt you one of many who thought Marincin>klefbom or at least =, there were a poll and a thread about it i remembered! Probably not , then you hadnt brought him up!? Or was you on Ference fence or Nikitin when we signed them?

Jultz flourish in Pitts and Petry are a lock 2/ 3 in Habs! I mean holy cow, Taylor Chorney even played 55 games last year for the Caps, 18 this year would say thats 5-6 in a less team.

I dont think Davidson are our saviour but its great to have depht at the blueline and he is in again in habs after illness, thinks he is 6-7 in a healthy habs for the moment, but obvious players develop late especially Defenders. For me he would be a safe choice over a ahl call up and Gryba/Benning this playoff!

DD doesnt bring nothing,Nada, Noll to our playoff run, Davidson had at least meant a choice. The trade was a fail and thats it!

Cheers and lets win tonight!

Nope

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=84360101&postcount=10

Was always a big Klefbom fan, never a big fan of Marincin.

As for Davidson, he wasn't going to be in the top 6 once Nurse came back, only as an injury callup. I think Reinhart would do just as good a job. He's hardly the difference between winning or losing the San Jose series so there's no need to get all worked up about such a minor trade.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Nope

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=84360101&postcount=10

Was always a big Klefbom fan, never a big fan of Marincin.

As for Davidson, he wasn't going to be in the top 6 once Nurse came back, only as an injury callup. I think Reinhart would do just as good a job. He's hardly the difference between winning or losing the San Jose series so there's no need to get all worked up about such a minor trade.

But you thought Marincin was a nice player!:) He will never see nhl minutes in Leafs next season, probably never in another team either! Hes worse then gryba x3 .

Projecting players developments are difficult even for a pro scout!

MDCSL

Jun 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I've thought griffin deserved NHL time all year, it's just bonuses and too many LHD that are holding him back. How does it work for the playoffs? Does he make his 3 million if he plays 1 game or is it x games played? Same with puljujarvi he played 28 so we can play him 12 more before burning a year?

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
:teach:
The team is allowed to callup 4 players for the playoofs? My choices would be Reinhart, Fayne, JP and Lander.

If Klefbom isn't ready to go next game then I roll with;

Sekera-Larsson
Russel-Benning
Nurse-Gryba

The 23-man roster limit is in place from the conclusion of the preseason until 12:01 am on the day of the NHL’s Trade Deadline. After that teams are allowed to have an unlimited active roster at the NHL level, provided players are signed to one of their 50 contract slots. NHL teams are only allowed to dress a maximum of 20 players – 18 skaters and two goaltenders – for any given game, but those 20 must come from the 23-player active roster.

Both the 23-player active roster and 20-player game roster can change day-to-day and game-to-game. All changes to the team’s 23-player active roster must be cleared through the NHL’s Central Registry before the move is considered finalized (and before the player is eligible to play in a game). In most cases the clearance from Central Registry is simple and completed in a nominal time span. Changes to the 20 players on the game roster are even easier – the list is submitted to the NHL official (either referee or official scorer) by the team (usually the head coach) moments before the start of the game. Prior to submitting the list, the team can choose from any members of its 23-man active roster.

djdub

This Space for Rent
Oct 1, 2011
Calgary, AB
:teach:

The 23-man roster limit is in place from the conclusion of the preseason until 12:01 am on the day of the NHL’s Trade Deadline. After that teams are allowed to have an unlimited active roster at the NHL level, provided players are signed to one of their 50 contract slots. NHL teams are only allowed to dress a maximum of 20 players – 18 skaters and two goaltenders – for any given game, but those 20 must come from the 23-player active roster.

Both the 23-player active roster and 20-player game roster can change day-to-day and game-to-game. All changes to the team’s 23-player active roster must be cleared through the NHL’s Central Registry before the move is considered finalized (and before the player is eligible to play in a game). In most cases the clearance from Central Registry is simple and completed in a nominal time span. Changes to the 20 players on the game roster are even easier – the list is submitted to the NHL official (either referee or official scorer) by the team (usually the head coach) moments before the start of the game. Prior to submitting the list, the team can choose from any members of its 23-man active roster.

This is very contradictory..

First it says, "After that teams are allowed to have an unlimited active roster at the NHL level", then it goes on to say "NHL teams are only allowed to dress a maximum of 20 players – 18 skaters and two goaltenders – for any given game, but those 20 must come from the 23-player active roster".

Those two sentences contradict each other. You are allowed unlimited active roster, no it's actually a 23 player active roster.

Which is it?

Is it just essentially "unlimited" in that, the coach just has to tell the league who they are going to have on the 23 man "active roster" on any given game day?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad