Recalled/Assigned: Oilers Recall Condors (Reinhart, Ellis, Fayne, Oesterle, Lander, LaLeggia)

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Hopefully Klefbom is good to go but if not I'd run with.....

Nurse Larsson
Sekera Russell
Reinhart Benning

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Not surprised he was called up, a bit surprised he was the only one.

Also might be just a precautionary thing in case Klefbom's foot causes him enough grief to not start tomorrow.

McDynasty

Nov 11, 2013
mmm something seems off, Klef is said to be good to go next game, then this. I have not watched him at all this year and wonder if his foot speed has increased cause he was slow.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Not surprised he was called up, a bit surprised he was the only one.

Also might be just a precautionary thing in case Klefbom's foot causes him enough grief to not start tomorrow.

Agree with this, pretty shocked that we haven't heard that Pulju is up yet.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Bakersfield's season is essentially done, one meaningless game tonight. This likely gets Mantha an extra game down there, and gets Griff an extra practice with the boys up here. Wouldn't be concerned about Klef unless something else is actually reported.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Uh oh. Hope Klefbom isn't hurt more badly than indicated by McLEllan. If that's the case, it really hurts us, but I feel Nurse can handle minutes with Larsson by his side. And Reinhart will be in tough on the 3rd pairing and no one really knows what he'll bring. But I'm reminded of his Oil Kings run, he might put up a commendable performance for us, especially after his improvement this year.

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
Bakersfield's season is essentially done, one meaningless game tonight. This likely gets Mantha an extra game down there, and gets Griff an extra practice with the boys up here. Wouldn't be concerned about Klef unless something else is actually reported.

Exactly my thoughts

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
I still haven't lost faith in him. Could still end up being a top 6. Heard he played pretty well in A this year

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Likely an insurance move in case Klefbom cant go/faulters next game

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Davidson's not a replacement for klefbom either.

No one is a replacement for Klefbom but Davidson is a better one than Reinhart. And Lander is better than Desharnais, straight up. Not strong decision making here. Fayne should replace Gryba in the PB too.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Russell-Larsson
Sekera-Benning
Nurse-Gryba

Is my guess at the lineup IF Klefbom can't go.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Looking forward to seeing the growth this season if he manages to get in for a game or two. One of my biggest critisisms of him was his general inability to handle the puck and make quick decisions with it at this level. From the small samples I saw from him this season that seems to have improved. If that translates to this level, we (or Vegas) may have a player here.

That being said, hopefully Klefbom is good to go Sunday.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
The team is allowed to callup 4 players for the playoofs? My choices would be Reinhart, Fayne, JP and Lander.

If Klefbom isn't ready to go next game then I roll with;

Sekera-Larsson
Russel-Benning
Nurse-Gryba

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I watched quite a few Condors games after Pulju got sent down and Griff was a force out there. I'm surprised he didn't get called up and get some games during the regular season. I think he's a much better option out there than Gryba.

Part of the issue may have been his cap hit. The Oilers were already facing a bonus overage and had exceeded the bonus cushion. Reinhart's cap hit would have been the full $3.2M. So the only way you bring him up is if he is going to play for sure. wasting cap space to sit in the pb while Bakersfield is in a playoff race would not make sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad