Proposal: Oilers paying the price.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
So edm offers us a pil of crap for price and oiler fans still think its a horrible trade? you guys are really ridiculous with your price contract is untradeable bs. Fine its abit high, but the cap goes up. y'all act like its your flippin money. As a habs fan, you can keep your trash. I don't even like carey, but i wont trade him for a pile of shiit

Price is cap dump and injury prone. Lucic is cap dump. Talbot is a soon to be UFA who had one stellar year and an underwhelming year.

The most valuable pieces in the trade are Ryan McLeod and the 1st. McLeod is another Riley Nash, Tyler Pitlick - another lanky do-everything center that Oilers like to draft in the second (they wanted to draft Roope Hintz in 2015).

LucicAndChong

formerly known as Big Sugar
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Price is cap dump and injury prone. Lucic is cap dump. Talbot is a soon to be UFA who had one stellar year and an underwhelming year.

The most valuable pieces in the trade are Ryan McLeod and the 1st. McLeod is another Riley Nash, Tyler Pitlick - another lanky do-everything center that Oilers like to draft in the second (they wanted to draft Roope Hintz in 2015).
uhm sorry to disagree with you here cause i dont like arguing, reminds me of my parents divorce, buuuuuuuuut lol @ price being a cap dump and injury prone and McLeod and the 1st being the most valuable.

Reactions: JohnKordicsGhost

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
uhm sorry to disagree with you here cause i dont like arguing, reminds me of my parents divorce, buuuuuuuuut lol @ price being a cap dump and injury prone and McLeod and the 1st being the most valuable.

Which is fine... we disagree but you have to view it from Oilers fans POV. We don't need Price. We aren't screaming for a goalie with his cap hit and injury history. We're not even talking about bringing another goalie... that would be Carolina Hurricanes.

All Oilers fans want is a puck moving D with a breakout pass... funny enough we drafted the second best one in the 2018 draft (I was against playing Bouchard this season but after watching his elite vision I'm fully behind 9+ NHL games). A sniper to play with Draisaitl would be priority two. Dumping Lucic is priority three. A new goalie is probably priority four.

Reactions: Big Sugar

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Oilers refused Subban because the asking price was Drai + Klefbom/Nurse + 4th overall + another significant piece.

They weren’t afraid of his salary.
When rumours were abundant Subban was on the trade block I asked several Oiler fans if they would have any interest. They all said they had no interest whatsoever because they couldn't pay 3 guys around 30 million.
I countered with Hall and 4th for Subban and they laughed at me. Said they wouldn't touch him at 9 million after season he just had.
I don't know what the trade offer was between Montreal and Edmonton.

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
No, Because he knows how good they are when they are healthy, which they are.
Price would start with Holtby as Second.

What does team Canada have to do with anything ? The point is, in the NHL you can get a good goalie for half of Prices cap hit, who has injury issues, just had a horrible camp, and is on the worst contract in the league until 38 years old. No one is giving up value for that.

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
what is this piece of crap deal ?

lock this.

Talbot + lucic LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Wtf ? Talbot dump, Lucic, dump, Mcloed ? He proved nothing and we have a ****one of mid tier prospect , yes even at center.

It's like Mtl will accept all the money dumping for a prime Carey price, did you even watched the game yesterday ? he made 3 saves of the night.

LMAO you are doomed with lucic and Talbot, enjoy them.

don't bring the .885. you are clueless. you didn't watch the game or you would know how good price had been.

enjoy Talbot useless year again.
Price at least had excuses in his injuries.

on top of a terrible Talbot, you bring Lucic dump LOOOOOOL do you really believe this is a trade Mtl woudl accept ? seriously...

Talbot + lucic cost us the same as Price. I will keep price
Price is a Vezina,Olympic, world champ. talbot is nothing, Lucic is slow and done.

Why isn't this locked yet ?
it's one of the most trollish dumbish proposition I have seen, all favor towards Edmonton

I agree, If you offered Yamamoto or Bouchard + Talbot + first + cond 3 During the year when Price will show how good he still is, then yes I would really think about that trade.

Your posts hurt the eyes. You are terrible to read.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
When rumours were abundant Subban was on the trade block I asked several Oiler fans if they would have any interest. They all said they had no interest whatsoever because they couldn't pay 3 guys around 30 million.
I countered with Hall and 4th for Subban and they laughed at me. Said they wouldn't touch him at 9 million after season he just had.
I don't know what the trade offer was between Montreal and Edmonton.

Three guys around 30 million?

McDavid, Subban, ?

The ask from Montreal was what I posted. It was posted by several reliable sources at the time.

JohnKordicsGhost

Jul 1, 2013

price isn't a cap dump. stopped reading, clearly dumb.

Reactions: jellybeans

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad