Proposal: Oilers | Panthers - Canadiens

Status
Not open for further replies.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Not a chance from the Habs.
I don't understand why you think the Habs would even consider this?
Some fans think it is an auction and throw lowball bids out there hoping the get excepted. They fail to realize the seller can set a reserve on their asset.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
I wonder if the Habs still value Xborg?

Otherwise maybe the Habs can think about it like this: they were given a first from Calgary to take Monahan as a cap dump.

Giving Monhan to us now that his career is recusitated for McLeod and Xavier Bourgault inflicts maximum spite-damage to Calgary.

It's like an extra twist of the knife.

It would be so delicious.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I wonder if the Habs still value Xborg?

Otherwise maybe the Habs can think about it like this: they were given a first from Calgary to take Monahan as a cap dump.

Giving Monhan to us now that his career is recusitated for McLeod and Xavier Bourgault inflicts maximum spite-damage to Calgary.

It's like an extra twist of the knife.

It would be so delicious.
No, we have no use for Bourgault. It has to be big. Oilers sent three scouts to last night's Canadiens game. Upon top of following the Habs for a month. They not to be spending that much time on Montreal for one player

• Haha
Reactions: TFHockey

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Habs offer Oilers Monahan for cap dump like Ceci and unprotected first?
Habs just laugh it off.
Still 3 Oilers scouts at tonight's Colombus game. They going to a lot of trouble following Habs around. Has to be big, Edmonton spending this much time on Montreal. Been this way for 3 weeks. Montembeault played last night.
And Monty played great. Habs need to sign Monty.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Well if Zadorov lands a 3rd and a 5th but Calgary fans posted over and over it'll be a 1st rounder, what do you think a goalie out of Montreal actually gets? Anything close to what the posters on here claim?

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Well if Zadorov lands a 3rd and a 5th but Calgary fans posted over and over it'll be a 1st rounder, what do you think a goalie out of Montreal actually gets? Anything close to what the posters on here claim?

And what are they claiming because the posters on here are talking about Monahan.
I hope we resign Monty.
Hopefully get a pick for Allen.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Based on time on ice (and the eye test) he's actually playing 2C. And doing it with one of the best faceoff percentages in the league. Don't want to pay appropriate value fir him? Fine. Some one will (assuming MO treal has any interest in moving him.)

Oilers first for Monahan is fair trade.

It's what similar players went for in past.

You guys were right! I thought a 1st was too much for Monahan and yet here we are.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
is there any kind of metric that supports this?

Ekblad certainly outstrips Bouchard in concussions per 60, but all things considered, Bouchard is absolutely the better and more valuable player right now.

There has to be some way to figure it out?

Not sure why concussions are being made fun of but to my knowledge, Ekblad hasn't had one for many years.

While I prepare for a weekend of relaxation, I can't help but wonder where McDrai end up in a few years.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
I wouldn't trade McLeod for Monahan even if he was still available. I don't even think Monahan is a forward I would target for what the Oilers needs are. I would trade Bouchard but not sure for Ekblad. In a deal for a lower scoring, high minute, effective, right handed d-man and possibly some other pieces going each way I would. I guess Ekblad if healthy fits that role.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
There has to be some way to figure it out?

Not sure why concussions are being made fun of but to my knowledge, Ekblad hasn't had one for many years.

While I prepare for a weekend of relaxation, I can't help but wonder where McDrai end up in a few years.
They aren’t being made fun of, captain oversensitive. Ekblad’s lengthy injury history is of real concern to everyone else.

Maybe they’ll end up in Florida, when they’re senior citizens.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Brutal offer. Unprotected 1st. Geeez.

No one deals those anymore. and Monahan certainty doesn't merit this.

The Oilers *Could* use a better 3C than McLeod who isn't playing very well right now. He has wheels but at some point you have to put the puck in the net.

McLeod + Pick or Prospect ( Savoie?) for Monahan.
You were saying?

Reactions: ole ole

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Edmonton were 6th worst team league at that point. Lottery teams dont trade 1st rounders unprotected.
They said no one trades unprotected 1sts AND Monahan doesn't deserve one. Wrong on both counts.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
is there any kind of metric that supports this?

Ekblad certainly outstrips Bouchard in concussions per 60, but all things considered, Bouchard is absolutely the better and more valuable player right now.
Is there any kind of metrics that supports Bouchard being a better defender than Ekblad or are you just stirring up the pot?

keglu

Jul 11, 2014
They said no one trades unprotected 1sts AND Monahan doesn't deserve one. Wrong on both counts.
I would assume context was pretty clear considering trade deadline 1st from contenders almost never have protection
He also said
I guess a deadline trade for a team right on the cusp of winning a cup who feels he is the missing piece might do it? I dunno.
So it seems like you taking his statement out of the context for some gotcha moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino