Proposal: Oilers | Panthers - Canadiens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
Why would Montreal do this? McLeod doesn't hold much value (if any), he would probably be the cap dump Edmonton include in the trade, but you have to add real value for MTL.

Monahan is producing, a very good vet and great at faceoff. They could either give him an extansion or EASILY get a better return, especially with his small contract.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Why would Montreal move Monahan for McLeod? What's the thinking here other than its great for Edmonton?

Reactions: viceroy

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
There's something missing, as in, the useful return for Montreal. Mcleod might be a fine way to balance out the cap, but Montreal is going to get something of value for Monahan.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Just wanna know how the Oilers are gonna get Ekblad for Bouchard??? Bouchard likely isn’t on anyone’s radar at this point.

Deplorable Lenny

Mar 2, 2017
British Columbia
Something tells me that Oilersuperstar17 is an Oiler fan.

As an Oil fan myself. I apologize. Especially for the Ekblad trade. As well as the Salary Cap.

As for the Monahan trade, 3 months ago, Oiler fans would have hated the deal. Now I would image that everyone of us would take it in a second.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
McLeod is a waste of cap space. Trade him at 50% cap reduction and maybe you might get a late pick.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Can't afford the cap on the Ekblad for Bouchard trade. Not that Florida goes for that without us adding. Bouchard is available as far as I'm concerned though.

I'd do a 2nd + McLeod for Monahan 50% retained around the deadline. Provided we address the G and RD positions and move up into a wild card spot. Monahan would be an excellent 3C pickup.

Last edited:

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Monahan don't get traded for anything else than picks/prospects

We have no use for Ryan McLeod, our entire fourth line is made up of Ryan Mcleods

Reactions: Lockin17

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
To:To:
FLAEvan BouchardEDMAaron Ekblad
MTLRyan McLeodEDMSean Monahan
Nothing in it for Habs. McLeod we don't want. He might be good 4th liner but he's no better than Evans. Then we have Beck coming so no need. Monahan we can trade for a first 100 times out of a 100.

We might be able to retain on Ekblad/Bouchard part of it. According to what you had in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad