Confirmed with Link: Oilers open Rogers place Oct 12 vs Flames (plus full schedule)

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Everytime we play the Flames early in the season something horrible happens which screws up the rest of the year. Khabibulin giveaway. Scrivens giveaway. Talbot giveaway and short side. Follow the pattern?

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Glad they're starting the season at home and glad it's against CGY.

Home openers against calgary always feel right that's for sure.

Carolina doesn't have their home opener until October 28. First 2 weeks on the road. Yikes

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Everytime we play the Flames early in the season something horrible happens which screws up the rest of the year. Khabibulin giveaway. Scrivens giveaway. Talbot giveaway and short side. Follow the pattern?

Eberle's first NHL goal?

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
At least it's the right opponent. Hopefully the right result follows. We keep losing our home openers and it sets the tone for the rest of the season.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Hopefully they show more pride than they did in the last game against Calgary in the Coliseum.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Last one was 5-0 Flames right?

Odd they would open the new building with the Flames. Already tickets for that one are sky high. They could have Flames any other time and have those as high demand tickets all on their own. Oilers could be playing ANYBODY in the home opener and those tickets will be priceless at the new arena.

Will be interesting to see what the top paid ticket will be for this one game. Wouldn't put 5K bucks out of the question. 1K buck/ ticket resales will be common enough. I mean face value on some of these seats are what? 500bucks?

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Yup. I went to two Oilers games last year including that one and didn't see one Oiler goal.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Will they still use Rexall for the rodeo?

Tired of the same old annual November road trip :laugh:

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Yup. I went to two Oilers games last year including that one and didn't see one Oiler goal.

That's some hard times. Reminds me of the recent year I went to 6 games and the oilers got pounded in 4 of them and only won 1 against Carolina (barely) in OT, after playing bad and giving up a 3 goal lead. The other games were like 6-0 LA 6-0STL 6-2SJ and so on...:cry: At least I got to see one good club in those games.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
October 12th? Ugh.

They really need to pare down the preseason and try to start the NHL season ~October 1st. That way, they might actually see the post-season end in May instead of June.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Anyone know when regular season tickets go on sale?

As soon as enough time has passed and people forget the stench of the latest regular season.

Afairc late August/Early September is when single seats go on sale and after all minipacs (they still have those in new arena?) are doled out.

In anycase expect lowest sticker price of around 100bucks/ticket anywhere up to $500 when singles go on sale. No, those are not scalping prices. Those are new arena shock prices.

Good thing the economy has gone bust just as we're entering into a new high priced arena.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Hopefully they show more pride than they did in the last game against Calgary in the Coliseum.

Or the season opener in 2014/15...the Flames wiped the ice with the Oilers that game winning 5-2.

Tough game to watch in person.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
October 12th? Ugh.

They really need to pare down the preseason and try to start the NHL season ~October 1st. That way, they might actually see the post-season end in May instead of June.

Agreed, it's kinda sad the NBA starts its season later but actually will have the NBA draft the day before the NHL, lol.

End the damn season the first few days of June at the latest, start in earlier October for crying out loud.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad