News Article: Oilers+ New streaming service

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I want to subscribe for the 3 days to watch the drop then cancel... can you watch on like an xbox or firestick or anything? I don't want to do it if I have to watch on my computer. Cant seem to figure that out. Anyone know?
Its not on Roku. Not even Snet is on Roku. lol

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
It’s clear that the oilers initiated this service and then they came out of the gate flat. I think it’s obvious they should discontinue it to provide the environment for a winning season. Everyone seen the same thing?

Reactions: 5 14 6 1

Kaniac

Sep 11, 2018
Alright, so what's the verdict??

I'll probably subscribe when playoffs start.

Anyone win any contests on it? Lol

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Yeah Roku needs to catch up on that. Getting sick of having to use the Xbox to watch my games
Its up to Snet to make a suitable app for use in different platforms. It isn't Roku that makes most of the Apps.

Give you an example. CTV have an EXCELLENT app that works on all platforms including Roku. CBC, too dumb to exist, their app doesn't appear on several platforms, is unwieldy and garbage to begin with. Rogers and Snet need to step up their game. TSN is not on Roku either. I can subscribe to NHL on Roku, but with no savings at all.

its up to the content provider to put out competent streams that are used easily through different apps. Otherwise people just find illegal streams which are better than ever in present day.

Additionally its absolutely inept that the NHL contracting awards piecemeal coverage to multiple outlets which then result in blackouts. So that even people paying full cable, full presciption etc get blackouts for their pain in the wallet. This is an untenable position that needs to stop. The NHL are completely opening themselves up to pirating because its easier for the enduser to use and with no limitations on games and no black outs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oilhawks

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Its up to Snet to make a suitable app for use in different platforms. It isn't Roku that makes most of the Apps.

Give you an example. CTV have an EXCELLENT app that works on all platforms including Roku. CBC, too dumb to exist, their app doesn't appear on several platforms, is unwieldy and garbage to begin with. Rogers and Snet need to step up their game. TSN is not on Roku either. I can subscribe to NHL on Roku, but with no savings at all.

its up to the content provider to put out competent streams that are used easily through different apps. Otherwise people just find illegal streams which are better than ever in present day.

Additionally its absolutely inept that the NHL contracting awards piecemeal coverage to multiple outlets which then result in blackouts. So that even people paying full cable, full presciption etc get blackouts for their pain in the wallet. This is an untenable position that needs to stop. The NHL are completely opening themselves up to pirating because its easier for the enduser to use and with no limitations on games and no black outs.
Very good points. Either way someone needs to get their shit together I’m getting older and it’s a pain the ass to do all these extra steps :laugh:

Kaniac

Sep 11, 2018
I was just looking into get oilers+ for the playoffs. There is no longer a monthly option and they want you to pay for the whole year. Booooo

• Haha
Reactions: PuckG

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
I was just looking into get oilers+ for the playoffs. There is no longer a monthly option and they want you to pay for the whole year. Booooo
That’s a ****ing joke. You would think they would at least provide it to season ticket holders or something as some incentive after paying thousands for games and even more lunacy for anything concession related at games.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Come on fellow fans we all know Katz is struggling to get by . He could use the few extra dollars to put food on his table. Oh forgot to mention that table will be in his new 250 foot yacht with his private chef. Those little things don't come free. :sarcasm:

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
The Drop is pretty good but not worth 8.99/month or whatever it is. I can’t imagine they’re making a lot of money with it.

The logical step here is to make games a part of the package. I’d have no problem giving up on pirated streams forever if they did this.
Id have no problem giving up on pirated streams if they had a reasonable service (like NHL Live last year), that I could use in both the States and Canada. But alas, it doesnt exist which is bullshit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad