GDT: Oilers' Moms vs Tomas' birthday celebration (and Sharks home cooking) 7:30

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
By the eye test, karlsson and vlasic shut down mcdavid and draisaitl, do the numbers agree?

Reactions: Phu

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Ive been much more happy with his game now that hes not getting put out against top guys. Patty isnt built for hard matchups anymore

His game literally has not changed being moved down to Jumbo's line and he wasn't the reason that the Couture line was getting worked repeatedly. Couture and Meier both stunk up the joint early on and there's a reason why they were split up.

You're no supposed to talk about yourself. You're supposed to make it about your teammates. Otherwise you just look insecure.

That's what the internet is for, jabroni. The amount of people who actually know who I am is really small and have no platform to expose this.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
I still think we need to get another top 6 forward to play with Hert/Meier and let Goodrow replace Melker on the 4th. Goodrow has been a pleasant surprise, but I dont think he can keep it up.
Agreed I like his game but if we could get someone else up there, he could tear it up on a lower line again

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I still think we need to get another top 6 forward to play with Hert/Meier and let Goodrow replace Melker on the 4th. Goodrow has been a pleasant surprise, but I dont think he can keep it up.

full

Pete's so paralyzed with rage that his son had to step in and speak for him.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
His game literally has not changed being moved down to Jumbo's line and he wasn't the reason that the Couture line was getting worked repeatedly. Couture and Meier both stunk up the joint early on and there's a reason why they were split up.
I didnt say he changed, but I think his game works better against guys that dont track as well. Shouldnt be relying on him to be a top forward

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
I like Noah gregor. Dog with a bone, bit of offense, and lots of speed. I hope he turns into one of those indispensable fourth line forwards everyone wants. Would love to see him and Gambrell grow into a top pk unit to boot.

Sjsharks5

Jan 3, 2019
you know if you put a poll up with Jumbo and Patty in their primes that would be close. HF hates Jumbo though so they’d probably get blown out. Side note, Best game of the year tonight imo
I had no intention of bringing any negativity into this thread, but....woah. The simplest way I can put this is that I just strongly, strongly disagree. Patty’s resume speaks for itself, and I’ve been as big of a Jumbo defender to the greater HF population over the last decade+ but Drai is just a different level player than Marleau. And I don’t think we need to start a Jumbo vs McDavid debate

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
I had no intention of bringing any negativity into this thread, but....woah. The simplest way I can put this is that I just strongly, strongly disagree. Patty’s resume speaks for itself, and I’ve been as big of a Jumbo defender to the greater HF population over the last decade+ but Drai is just a different level player than Marleau. And I don’t think we need to start a Jumbo vs McDavid debate

Agreed since it's pretty clear Jumbo is better than McDavid.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Looking at the highlights, it looks like all of the goals were scored off plays from the point. That is concerning to me as the Sharks need to find some different tricks.
Hey if they can find a way to make play from the point consistently work then more power to them. That's where their best players are.

Reactions: 37 others

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
It also continues to be incredible that simek still has no games where he's looked like a player with less than a year of NHL experience.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Hey if they can find a way to make play from the point consistently work then more power to them. That's where their best players are.

It's not like the Oilers were doing much to try to stop it. Sure, it won't work that well with most teams, but it was just a good matchup for the Sharks, system-wise.

CupfortheSharks

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
San Jose
I like Noah gregor. Dog with a bone, bit of offense, and lots of speed. I hope he turns into one of those indispensable fourth line forwards everyone wants. Would love to see him and Gambrell grow into a top pk unit to boot.
I think he has too much skill to end up on the 4th line. You could really see it when he was playing 1st line with the Cuda. Right now, it’s good that he is getting 4th line minutes to establish himself and gain the coaches trust. At some point the lines will inevitably be shuffled. I wouldn’t be surprised if takes a job on a higher line this season. He has more offensive skill than Goodrow and Sorensen and his speed will create problems for defenders.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
This confirms what I already knew, the Oilers are a mirage

Glad to see Karlsson still totally owns them, though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad