GDT: Oilers' Moms vs Tomas' birthday celebration (and Sharks home cooking) 7:30

Erep

Jul 17, 2019
The Nashville game was only the most impressive because it needed to be the most impressive. When the team is focused, it is absolutely rolling, it is just about keeping pressure, when ahead, which never became an issue against Nashville.

I don't think there has been much variation in the last 4 games other than that.

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
Erik Karlsson on TV postgame interview:

- we know what we have to work on, I think that we've done a good job in trying to sort that out, we know it's not always going to go our way, but I think today and the previous 4-5 games at least we've had the effort, we keep playing hockey [no matter the score]
- I think we shifted things around a little bit there, that's a duty we have, everybody's going to play with everybody this year, for now it's going well for us, we're going to keep it going as long as we can, but there's gonna come a point where things are gonna get shifted up and we're gonna be ready for that as well

Meier on radio postgame interview:

- [happy with how you guys played?] yeah, I think it's definitely a big improvement that we showed tonight, just kinda the last few games we've taken steps in the right direction, and I thought tonight we put our whole game out there, we had all the guys on board playing well, chipping in in all kinds of situations and that's what we need moving forward
- [on his point streak / line] it goes quick, we got a good line together with Goodrow and Hertl, I think we complement each other real well, we work hard on the forecheck and that's nice, it obviously builds confidence not just getting the goals but playing down in their zone, tonight I think we did a great job shutting down McDavid which is a hard job to do but everybody played well defensively and that's what leads to those goals when you play honest defense and don't cheat
- [is holding on to pucks something you guys talk about or focus on?] 100%, especially when you play against good lines you wanna try to hold on to some pucks, battle out some pucks, that's what makes them stop in the D zone, it's gonna be frustrating for other teams if they play against us and every time they go back they gotta stop and defend first, so that's our mindset and we gotta get better and just keep playing like that
- [on the win streak] it feels great and we wanna keep rolling like that, we don't wanna stop here, we wanna get better and keep getting those wins

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Meh, that suggests that they were really good before that point. It's more like the last piece of Exodia.

Pete Deboer once Prout is healthy enough to play:

tenor.gif

LA Shark

Hello Darkness My Old Freind
Feb 18, 2017
Southern California
I still think we need to get another top 6 forward to play with Hert/Meier and let Goodrow replace Melker on the 4th. Goodrow has been a pleasant surprise, but I dont think he can keep it up.

Reactions: themelkman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad