Speculation: Oilers might have to sign an Emergency Back-Up Goalie

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Szabados would be really cool. Put her in for the last 5 minutes, make history, have that be the silver lining on another lovely campaign for our team :( She's probably got plans though.

I think a lot of plans can be postponed if you get to play your first NHL game.:nod:

Halibut

Jul 24, 2010
Oh+man+the+feels+from+this+movie+_dc5a14c7f4a13b8035a317f32beeaf61.gif

Yeah that's it exactly.

I'm sure she'd be all happy thinking "woohoo, I'm playing in the NHL!" Then it'd quickly change to "Hey wait why is Shultz chasing that guy into the corner and leaving his man open out front, and where'd other Schultz go. **** he's also in the corner."

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Shannon Szabados ‏@ShannonSzabados 1m
Gotta admit i'm enjoying this #Szabadosforbackup hashtag the Oilers faithful have started but u will not be seeing me in my gear tonight lol

Noooo. :(

Oct 30, 2011
Shannon Szabados ‏@ShannonSzabados 1m
Gotta admit i'm enjoying this #Szabadosforbackup hashtag the Oilers faithful have started but u will not be seeing me in my gear tonight lol

Noooo. :(

That's true, but if we lend her someone else's gear?

She's probably just being humble, as in Oilers management didn't ask her.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
I swear to god if I hear anyone holding this over management...

I mean I get most of the criticism, but who knows if she's even available to do it.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Just to put it into perspective. The women's team plays against midget AAA boys to warm up. Joke all you want about the Oilers, but Midget AAA isn't even close to the calibre of the NHL. If by chance she did make it in she'd be a laughing stock.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Just to put it into perspective. The women's team plays against midget AAA boys to warm up. Joke all you want about the Oilers, but Midget AAA isn't even close to the calibre of the NHL. If by chance she did make it in she'd be a laughing stock.

You bite your tongue!

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton

To be fair, Szabados did play on the NAIT team I believe. She's a lot closer to NHL level than the players on the Canadian women's team would be. And considering whoever they put on the bench would get lit up if they actually played, it probably doesn't make a difference.

That said, I don't think this is an issue that fans should be legitimately angry about. I mean, come on.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012

Moreso than a CIS goalie or a 46 year old plumber?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
To be fair, Szabados did play on the NAIT team I believe. She's a lot closer to NHL level than the players on the Canadian women's team would be. And considering whoever they put on the bench would get lit up if they actually played, it probably doesn't make a difference.

That said, I don't think this is an issue that fans should be legitimately angry about. I mean, come on.

Exactly NAIT, not even the UofA.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
has anyone called the british kid from the royal bank commercials yet?

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Szabados had better numbers at NAIT last season than Kurtis Mucha has for the UofA right now.

Just sayin'.

UofA plays much tougher competition. It doesn't matter though, whoever is on the bench is not going to play, and if they do, they are going to get lit up.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Szabados had better numbers at NAIT last season than Kurtis Mucha has for the UofA right now.

Just sayin'.

I thought she's been away from college hockey for a few years? Thought back then NAIT didn't go up against UofA?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad