Post-Game Talk: Oilers make it four straight wins, 3-0 over Habs.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
We should be happy. It's a four game win streak, regardless of who we've been playing. It's okay to be happy about it. The only thing is, we've been let down by this team, and had our hearts broken so many times. I won't blame people for being a bit reserved, as happy as I feel, it's hard to trust this team. And that's okay.

I hear what your saying.

I will suggest though that there are more arrows pointed in the right direction on this team this season than I have seen in at least 6 years.

Not necessarily cause to 'celebrate' like some Oiler fans are doing but it is cause for optimism IMO.

Last edited:

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
If this team ever becomes a contender, look the **** out. The main boards will melt down.

I look forward to that day. I'm a humble person, but after the **** we oiler fans have gone through every year, I'll rub it in their faces. Especially the flames and hab fans. I never disliked the habs, but their fans on the mainboards have made it distasteful.

Shink

Sep 25, 2014
Canucks fan here (I know...I know. Bear with me).

Congrats on the great play lately, it's been refreshing to see this Oilers team look like it should. Put together.

All I can hope is that the Canucks and Oilers continue to play great hockey with each other for years to come. And with your team, I don't see that being an issue.

Good vibes from across the rockies.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
I hear what your saying.

I will suggest though that there are more arrows pointed in the right direction on this team this season than I have seen in at least 6 years.

Not necessarily cause to 'celebrate' like some Oiler fans are doing but it is cause for optimism IMO.

Yeah, I agree. I don't know if this team has ever looked more cohesive than on this homestand. It's exciting, and gives me some hope, but I'm definitely tempering my expectations, fool me once, shame on you, fool me a thousand times, and I'm an Oiler fan. :laugh:

I look forward to that day. I'm a humble person, but after the **** we oiler fans have gone through every year, I'll rub it in their faces. Especially the flames and hab fans. I never disliked the habs, but their fans on the mainboards have made it distasteful.

And if any Oiler fan on this site is anything other than unreasonably humble, we'll get bashed for being classless, arrogant, horrible people. I remember when an Oiler fan bumped an old thread, every single response was to trash Oiler fans, yet whenever I saw an old thread bumped by a fan of another team, people just laughed at the old posts.

It's gonna be ugly. :D

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Yeah, I agree. I don't know if this team has ever looked more cohesive than on this homestand. It's exciting, and gives me some hope, but I'm definitely tempering my expectations, fool me once, shame on you, fool me a thousand times, and I'm an Oiler fan. :laugh:

And if any Oiler fan on this site is anything other than unreasonably humble, we'll get bashed for being classless, arrogant, horrible people. I remember when an Oiler fan bumped an old thread, every single response was to trash Oiler fans, yet whenever I saw an old thread bumped by a fan of another team, people just laughed at the old posts.

It's gonna be ugly. :D

The oilers for real thread is hilarious. Omg, another positive thread for the oilers? So tiring.. Oh look another consecutive bashing the oiler thread. Let's bash as well!

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
If this team ever becomes a contender, look the **** out. The main boards will melt down.

Not sure if you have, but a few posters here have seen both sides of the coin.

If what we're getting now is is a melt down, what we will see if we start winning cups is a super nova:

Got ugly in the early 80's with the Oilers.

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005
I tend to avoid the main board like the plague, but a quick look-in and... they're not doing what you say they're doing. At all.

Yeah, was wonderng as well. I tend not to post much on the mains, if at all, but don't really remember seeing much from anyone regarding the Oil...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad