Oilers lose 7-4 to Arizona Coyotes

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
The decision making at the management and coaching level on this team is mind boggling. They simply either do not understand or they are in love with their decisions, whether it is ego, ignorance or plain stupidity.

We need an NHL GM, an NHL Coach, and some NHL players and some form of identity other than the good ship Titanic with a panicked crew.

Eakins showed zero emotion and again doesn't take an ounce of responsibility. Another large inflated ego at the helm of the Good Ship Oiler.

To be honest I don't really blame him. Not defending him at all or anything but this team is astronomically dumb. He's already dead inside. He knows he's a dead man walking. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if he's trying to get himself fired.

But he isn't the one that should be fired (at least not first). Lowe and MacT need to be canned before Eakins.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Hey guys! Genuinely feel bad for you. You don't deserve this. I'm not saying change isn't necessary but you guys need to be patient. Extremely young squad that needs to just grow together.

A veteran, defensive minded coach will help you all a lot.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Hey guys! Genuinely feel bad for you. You don't deserve this. I'm not saying change isn't necessary but you guys need to be patient. Extremely young squad that needs to just grow together.

Smart management and an owner that isn't a fanboy would be great too.

Man, I think the Jets and Senators are the only Canadian franchises not taking pity on us.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
To be honest I don't really blame him. Not defending him at all or anything but this team is astronomically dumb. He's already dead inside. He knows he's a dead man walking. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if he's trying to get himself fired.

But he isn't the one that should be fired (at least not first). Lowe and MacT need to be canned before Eakins.

Fire them all at the same time. Ramsay can coach until we properly ****ing interview candidates and hire one based on merit.

Nurse and Draisaitl should both be sent to junior to be sheltered from this crap storm too.

Hockey Nightmare

Oct 25, 2007

Common belief but no. Hall is in his fifth year. Nuge, fourth.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown

Thanks for the optimism man, but 8 years is long enough to be patient. It's as if the rebuild started again, but no one told us about it.

I sincerely hope we don't land McDavid. Him playing on this squad would only solidify how much of an embarrassment the franchise has turned into.

McDeathbyCheerios*

I really tried to be optimistic but there is no optimism to be had. If management had any ****ing dignity at all left they would hire Bylsma, fire Chabot and get a decent goalie coach, even if it's an old boys club guy, CuJo maybe? Ramsay can stay cause other then Petry being a tard the pp has looked good. Acton should leave and we should find another good assistant.

Send Draisaitl down, along with Nurse. Trade some prospects and picks for a 2c if possible if not get a 3c, Arcobello had looked pretty alright so far.

Call up Marincin, strip the captaincy from Ference and make him an A. Run with no captain and make someone ****ing make it a no brainer decision. Defensemen playing time 5 on 5 should go as follows. Fayne, Marincin, Petry, Nikitin, Schultz, Ference.

Forwards for the most part are fine, they are individually not great defensive players so they need a good system to buy into to do that.

Bylsma had a team that had 3 great forwards, 2 dmen and a bunch of others, I'm sure he can help the Oilers win a couple freaking games.

Jul 19, 2012

Eakins was dead the minute he was hired. I think only a Jane Fonda exercise video would get his blood pumping.

The only time I recall seeing some emotion from the clown is when Hall tossed the water bottle.

Other than that he sits and looks at his players like the are from Mars. The team on the ice is his responsibility. He has no clue, none, on impressing an NHL system on his players. Last year it was the Swarm for the first half of the year, oh and 5 forwards on the PP. This year, I dont know what the hell they are doing out there but there is no system seen whatsoever. He doesn't take ice time away from those who deserve ice time taken away.

But yes, the entire house needs cleaning including Howson and Acton (both of them...)

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Fire them all at the same time. Ramsay can coach until we properly ****ing interview candidates and hire one based on merit.

Nurse and Draisaitl should both be sent to junior to be sheltered from this crap storm too.

If you're going to clean house clean everyone out. No MacT hires left.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Eakins is either a liar that thinks we are all stupid or he truly has no idea what he is doing with those comments that players were in good positions tonight but just need to battle. We gave up a freakin breakaway while on the PK. That is not supposed to happen. We still let guys open in front of our net for easy goals. We got scored on 7 times! Nothing was better Dallas.

That said, please keep him MacT you stubborn fool. We need him to get rid of Lowe.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Thanks for the optimism man, but 8 years is long enough to be patient. It's as if the rebuild started again, but no one told us about it.

I sincerely hope we don't land McDavid. Him playing on this squad would only solidify how much of an embarrassment the franchise has turned into.

Connor may want to start apartment hunting in Edmonton just in case, lol.

Jul 19, 2012

We've been patient for 8 years now. Our team makes the Ballard years of the Make Me Laughs look like superstars. Sorry, this is a ****show of epic proportions here.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
I really tried to be optimistic but there is no optimism to be had. If management had any ****ing dignity at all left they would hire Bylsma, fire Chabot and get a decent goalie coach, even if it's an old boys club guy, CuJo maybe? Ramsay can stay cause other then Petry being a tard the pp has looked good. Acton should leave and we should find another good assistant.

Send Draisaitl down, along with Nurse. Trade some prospects and picks for a 2c if possible if not get a 3c, Arcobello had looked pretty alright so far.

Call up Marincin, strip the captaincy from Ference and make him an A. Run with no captain and make someone ****ing make it a no brainer decision. Defensemen playing time 5 on 5 should go as follows. Fayne, Marincin, Petry, Nikitin, Schultz, Ference.

Forwards for the most part are fine, they are individually not great defensive players so they need a good system to buy into to do that.

Bylsma had a team that had 3 great forwards, 2 dmen and a bunch of others, I'm sure he can help the Oilers win a couple freaking games.

Although I'm not a fan of Bylsma and don't agree with his hiring, the rest of this is just plain insane.

Like seriously man, you're using way too much logic. That type of rational thinking doesn't compute with this franchise. You think you can just waltz in here, and blab on about a much better plan than we've seen in almost a decade and get away with it? Not with me.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Although I'm not a fan of Bylsma and don't agree with his hiring, the rest of this is just plain insane.

Like seriously man, you're using way too much logic. That type of rational thinking doesn't compute with this franchise. You think you can just waltz in here, and blab on about a much better plan than we've seen in almost a decade and get away with it? Not with me.
I'm sorry my hair isn't magnificent, I can't ride bikes all day and I'm not trying to revolutionize hockey. I'm a simple guy with simple ideas.

Jul 19, 2012

I have maintained that there is no way either of them should be playing on the Oilers this year. 2 19 year old rookies in key positions, one as 2nd line centre? Yeah, um, hows that working for you MacT.
Toby Hunterson to the rescue on D.

We bring up another 19 year old to play the reigning Stanley Cup Champions, the deepest team at Center in the league? We sit arguably our best defenceman for a 19 year old rookie playing his first game?

Whoever is making the player decisions on this team needs to go.

You protect your young future players at all costs and put them in positions to succeed.

Yesterday was like taking 2 Air Cadets and asking them to fly a 747 in a hurricane.

Today was not much different. A laughing stock of a franchise. Oh yes, then theres Florida. Playing in front of 7000 fans. Katz, thats coming here soon as well, good luck selling those $20,000 rights packages on your seats in your new building....

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
I'm sorry my hair isn't magnificent, I can't ride bikes all day and I'm not trying to revolutionize hockey. I'm a simple guy with simple ideas.

I bet you don't even run marathons with your best friend on the team, AKA the guy you named captain before he even set foot on the ice as a member of the squad. You're one real piece of work, you know that?

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
B0CZFSUIQAAggEY.jpg

:(

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
2012 - 2013; 2.73 GAA, 130 GA(19th)
2013 - 2014; 3.26 GAA, 267 GA(30th)
2014 - 2015; 5.50 GAA, 22 GA(30th)

Sure looks like Kreuger's system worked fine off international ice, considering he had a similarly bad roster to work with.

So what else do you remember about the lockout season?

Second worst in the league at shots against? A power play that generated an obscene amount of goals on almost the fewest chances in the league? Dubnyk posting a .920 save percentage despite seeing 32+ shots a night? Every center on the team dying a horrible death in the defensive zone under Krueger's "system"?

People need to stop being fooled. The Oilers were not improved in 12-13. They played the exact same hockey yet managed to get slightly better results over a shorter sample size. Given how the roof collapsed to end the year (after Calgary rolled over for a few games) it's not hard to see where things would have ended up after another 40'ish games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad