Oilers lose 6-1. Hendricks saves Eakins' job.

Jeff Lebowski

Jan 12, 2008
Fire Eakins after we get McDavid.:D

You could put Crosby on this team and it would not make much of a difference. These guys don't play as a team. Crosby would look good for a few games before losing his confidence, and then look much like every other player on our "team".

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
You could put Crosby on this team and it would not make much of a difference. These guys don't play as a team. Crosby would look good for a few games before losing his confidence, and then look much like every other player on our "team".

This is exactly the issue. Everyone plays like an individual. Everyone is told you need to be here and do this job. And then the opposing team just skates through the gaps.

That is why Eakins is a brutal NHL coach. His "system" might work for the AHL where players are slower, but in the faster NHL, it just doesn't hold up.

Captain Mittens*

Kings fan here in peace. You guys are too good of fans for this to be happening. I know are teams were rivals back in the day and are now division rivals, but I feel for you guys. You guys pour your hearts and soul in to what is essentially a garbage disposal

I am almost tempted to write a letter to Katz as a non-Oiler fan saying "Dumbass, bring some new blood in to management, who are Non-Oiler greats of the past who have experience and a track record"

Now for humor:

One of you should change your username to "Acton Jackson"

Master Lok

Jul 31, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
My take:

Oilers are turning over the puck in the neutral and defensive zone - and Kings feast on turnovers.

Schultz should be mentoring no one, and he was on the ice for goals with both Nurse and Hunt - both rookies. Schultz even strength should be reduced to third pairing minutes. He's really that bad defensively.

Interestingly, Ference was plus zero the best of any defender and the Hendricks, Gordon and Acton line were each plus one. Why? Because they play "safe" hockey - don't turn over the puck, get the puck deep, chase and hit.

Put Hunt on the #1 PP - he's a better option on the PP than any other defender we have.

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
Kings fan here in peace. You guys are too good of fans for this to be happening. I know are teams were rivals back in the day and are now division rivals, but I feel for you guys. You guys pour your hearts and soul in to what is essentially a garbage disposal

I am almost tempted to write a letter to Katz as a non-Oiler fan saying "Dumbass, bring some new blood in to management, who are Non-Oiler greats of the past who have experience and a track record"

Now for humor:

One of you should change your username to "Acton Jackson"

Could you please write that letter? Not even joking.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Why Ference? He had a plus minus of zero last night. Schultz has a minus four in three games.

Ference has been just like Smid was for us. He can play solidly at times, but nothing happens offensively for the team when he's out there. Quite frankly, we have a better version of him called Marincin.

Master Lok

Jul 31, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Ference has been just like Smid was for us. He can play solidly at times, but nothing happens offensively for the team when he's out there. Quite frankly, we have a better version of him called Marincin.

Considering the Oilers have given up 16 goals in three games, which is the worst in the Western Conference by a lot, I'm a lot more worried about team defense than team offense.

Who cares when nothing happens offensively when Ference is out there. Its the goals against thats killing the Oilers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad