Post-Game Talk: Oilers lose 5-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I truly believe with Eberle,Schultz and Reinheart in, we win this game.

Maybe. Maybe those guys could put them over the edge in some of these games. The Oilers have been in almost all of their games. Five of the teams 8 losses this year the game was tied with ~10 or less minutes to go in the 3rd. Haven't gotten a single point out of any of them.

All of these games, even the ones where they might not play super well for a full 60 minute are there for the taking. But this team has too many lapses that end up in the back of the net. From defensemen, from goaltenders, from forward. So many little individual mistakes at just the absolute worst time.

A few fewer mistakes and this team likely has at least 3 or 4 more points. But they just keep blowing it. Drives a fan crazy.

AJGass4

Aug 19, 2011
This team is so much more enjoyable to watch than the last two seasons, the losses don't hurt as much because we actually look like we belong in the NHL.

Here's hoping each game they take adversity and learn from it. This is going to be an up and down season but I can honestly say we are not auto 2 anymore.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Maybe. Maybe those guys could put them over the edge in some of these games. The Oilers have been in almost all of their games. Five of the teams 8 losses this year the game was tied with ~10 or less minutes to go in the 3rd. Haven't gotten a single point out of any of them.

All of these games, even the ones where they might not play super well for a full 60 minute are there for the taking. But this team has too many lapses that end up in the back of the net. From defensemen, from goaltenders, from forward. So many little individual mistakes at just the absolute worst time.

A few fewer mistakes and this team likely has at least 3 or 4 more points. But they just keep blowing it. Drives a fan crazy.

100%

This tired story has been repeated so many times in the last 6 years that its exasperating to see it hasnt gone anywhere.

I have seen some improvements with this team but at some point it needs to take a big step forward. I expect that will happen this season sometime before 2016 but there are still times when that doesnt take away from how damn frustrating it is to see this cycle of losing repeat itself.

It gets more and more challenging to keep repeating that this performance is just another in a long line of lessons.

Wish You Were Here

Mar 14, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Both teams each have a pair of crappy veteran defense-men that are near impossible to move via trade.

Calgary
Smid (29)- $3.5M/yr to 2016/2017
Engelland (33)- $2.916666M/yr to 2016/2017

Edmonton
Nikitin (29)- $4.5m for this season
Ference (36)- $3.25M to 2016/2017 with a NMC

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
This team is so much more enjoyable to watch than the last two seasons, the losses don't hurt as much because we actually look like we belong in the NHL.

Here's hoping each game they take adversity and learn from it. This is going to be an up and down season but I can honestly say we are not auto 2 anymore.

I was just thinking this too. Definitely would take the insanity of this Calgary loss compared to the times we got whomped last year.

It was November and December when we really went into a tailspin, losing 9 straight or whatever. Don't see that happening this year.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Cool response.

Excuse me while I dont bother reading through 25 pages of complaining only to read your 'compelling' reasoning on how Hartley 'abused' the challenge.

Excuse yourself. You always have the nerve to argue with people based on their opinions. Quit trying to sell yourself as an expert on here.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Not worried not expecting playoffs or SC. This is a developing year for the Oilers anyway. Next year hopefully they get rid of 3 d-men and some dead weight forwards. They will improve furuther replacing bad with good.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Excuse yourself. You always have the nerve to argue with people based on their opinions. Quit trying to sell yourself as an expert on here.

Yeah...some nerve. Challenging peoples opinions on a message board.
Its crazy eh? :D

You dont see me getting personal though...try sticking to the content.

If you dont want to support your opinion thats fine...no need to get snarky and take shots.
Just move on.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Good find. Interesting insights on what goes on behind the scenes.

Of course the orgs could save a lot of money and just read the GDT's here on HF each game... they'll get plenty of live feedback and insights on how their team and players are performing every game. :)

Honestly there are some very bright minds on these boards. Lots of crap to wade through to find these people lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad