Post-Game Talk: Oilers Lose 4-1

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
Just took a close look at that shot chart, it's bs too.

It says that there weren't any shots on net or goals when Oscar Klefbom was on the ice vs Col but he was a -1. I think it said that there were 13 all season in total lol.

Yeah. That would be shots for. Reading: ur doing it wrong.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
Not sure I see what is so shocking. Looks like they all are pretty similar. Maybe my dot evaluation isn't very good tho.

That's the point (the shocking part was a joke, like one of those dumb Upworthy headlines). Looks like the Avs are no better than anyone else at keeping shots outside (maybe even a bit worse) which was one of the explanations given for why thy're successful even with a poor Corsi%.

Bottom line is if your team is giving up a lot of shots (regardless of location), that's an indication they are spending a lot of time in the D-zone. And that's simply not a recipe for success over the long haul (which is why a popsitive Fenwick close-a Corsi variant-correlates so well with wins).

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
That's the point (the shocking part was a joke, like one of those dumb Upworthy headlines). Looks like the Avs are no better than anyone else at keeping shots outside (maybe even a bit worse) which was one of the explanations given for why thy're successful even with a poor Corsi%.

Bottom line is if your team is giving up a lot of shots (regardless of location), that's an indication they are spending a lot of time in the D-zone. And that's simply not a recipe for success over the long haul (which is why a popsitive Fenwick close-a Corsi variant-correlates so well with wins).

What is long haul? How is an 82 game season not a big sample size?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad