Oilers lose 3-2 in OT: Snatch defeat from the jaws of victory

Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Ryan Rishaug ‏@TSNRyanRishaug
Krueger says he’s considering a change on top two lines, perhaps flip flopping two guys to shake it up a bit.

My lines

Yak-RNH-Eberle
Hall-Arcobello-Hemsky
Smyth-Gagner-Petrell
PRV-Lander-Harti

Going to bring Arcobello up might as well play him with skilled players. Don't see him creating on his own.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Four of our first nine games were against elite teams (Van and San). None of our next seven games are against elite teams (unless you count Minny, which is questionable). 8 games from now we play Chicago.

We have a great opportunity to take a lot of points in the next couple of weeks. The only game we lost that I felt we should have won on paper was against the Avs.

Stop freaking out you goobers.

GTFO! There's no place for logic here!!! I'm hoping the weaker matchups means we won't have to count on our depleted bottom 6 as much

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Krueger says he’s considering a change on top two lines, perhaps flip flopping two guys to shake it up a bit.

I would just swap Gagner and Nuge.

IMO I wouldn't move Yak unless he ends up on the right side because it looks like he has finally got a tiny bit of chemistry with Hemsky.

I wouldn't mind seeing

Hall-Gagner-Yak
Harti-Nuge-Hemsky
Smyth-Arc-Eberle

just so Eberle gets some time against some weaker competition and also plays with Smyth who he had decent success with before.

Ganz

Dibs
Nov 4, 2005
Upton

My lines

Yak-RNH-Eberle
Hall-Arcobello-Hemsky
Smyth-Gagner-Petrell
PRV-Lander-Harti

Going to bring Arcobello up might as well play him with skilled players. Don't see him creating on his own.

Ralph we know you read HF.

Please switch Gagner and RNH

Thanks
- HFOil

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I would just swap Gagner and Nuge.

IMO I wouldn't move Yak unless he ends up on the right side because it looks like he has finally got a tiny bit of chemistry with Hemsky.

I wouldn't mind seeing

Hall-Gagner-Yak
Harti-Nuge-Hemsky
Smyth-Arc-Eberle

just so Eberle gets some time against some weaker competition and also plays with Smyth who he had decent success with before.

Actually, that's the best line combos I've seen so far. It would be a good shakeup to try and get some people going again

Insta

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2005
Edmonton

My lines

Yak-RNH-Eberle
Hall-Arcobello-Hemsky
Smyth-Gagner-Petrell
PRV-Lander-Harti

So the most consistent player this season gets demoted to the 3rd line?

oilerbear

Jun 2, 2008
Good old Duber dropping to his knees regardless of where the puck is going.

Look at the success rates of shots in the 7 goalie holes.

You will realize just how historically Bad (I am next to S.....) your comment was.

Historically!

Embarrasing!

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Look at the success rates of shots in the 7 goalie holes.

You will realize just how historically Bad (I am next to S.....) your comment was.

Historically!

Embarrasing!

No, I would say that would be saying Horcoff had more worth than Crosby.

Said by you.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
So because the elitely talented topline can't get their head out of their ass the second line has to suffer, and what momentum they've established is all for not because Hall, Eberle, and RNH need some help?

I'll remember this moment next time people are stating Gagner is bringing his linemates down and doesn't fit on this squad and we can't build a squad just around him. I'll remember this a lot because it gets stated here lots.

but hmmm, who's in need of help now?

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
So the most consistent player this season gets demoted to the 3rd line?

Incredible eh. Demotion for getting 10pts/9GP.

The things people suggest here. Lets kill the basis of offence we have for a line that has scored 50% of the teams goals.

Harley

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Time for the kids to start pulling their weight. 3 even strength goals in 9 games for our top line just isn't cutting it.

Eytinge

Jul 25, 2009

My lines

Yak-RNH-Eberle
Hall-Arcobello-Hemsky
Smyth-Gagner-Petrell
PRV-Lander-Harti

What the hell? Arcobello some AHL guy demotes one of our best forwards to the third line?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Incredible eh. Demotion for getting 10pts/9GP.

The things people suggest here. Lets kill the basis of offence we have for a line that has scored 50% of the teams goals.

It's about spreading the wealth. And you really shouldn't be talking when it comes to suggestions.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
What the hell? Arcobello some AHL guy demotes one of our best forwards to the third line?

Arcobello shouldn't be called up then. He isn't a bottom 6 center. He needs to play with talent. You call him up you might as well give him the shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad