Oilers lose 3-0 to the Ducks

PaperDesigner

Mar 1, 2008
Somebody needs to send smyth a copy of fubar where the guy breaks his leg to get WCB. It might give him an idea. I think he needs to take one for the team this summer:nod:

Neither of those players have very many NHLers playing with them. Horcoff is fine as a third line centre. Smyth can play on a fourth line for another year.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
He's top-20 offensively as a C.

Hjalmarsson is 2nd on the Hawks in ES TOI, behind only Keith.

Seabrook plays a whole minute less per game at ES.

He's no #4 defenseman. He's at worst a #3 who may be ready for a #2 role alongside a true #1.

I was trying to say of all 2nd line centers, he's top 10 offensively, but you just bettered my point.
Hjalmarsson being 2nd in ES ice time doesn't mean he's their #2 defenseman, it means he can't play a lick of offense to see any sort of PP time. If you want to argue than Seabrook is Chicago's #3 defenseman, that's a battle you'll lose 10 times out of 10.
Maybe he's a #3 d-man instead of a #4 d-man, but a #3 defensive defenseman that can't hit is still not even close to getting a top 20 offensive center. If he was a puck-moving defenseman that's a different story.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Neither of those players have very many NHLers playing with them. Horcoff is fine as a third line centre. Smyth can play on a fourth line for another year.

No he isnt
No he cant

No team that expects to make the playoffs would have either of those guys playing those positions.

Sloth Slothersons*

No he isnt
No he cant

No team that expects to make the playoffs would have either of those guys playing those positions.

I agree. But I think Horcoff could probably be okay as the 4th line center if Smyth retires. Just need some fast, physical wingers with him maybe.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
I agree. But I think Horcoff could probably be okay as the 4th line center if Smyth retires. Just need some fast, physical wingers with him maybe.

I wouldn't mind RNH-Gagner-Monahan-Horcoff on the charts with another year in OKC for Lander. Ideally trade Gagner and either trade for a bigger #2C or sign a Ribeiro for 1 year to shelter RNH's minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad