Oilers lose 3-0 to the Ducks

flashy

In the name of Kane.
Dec 17, 2009
Edmonton
Is there any chance oilers buy out horcoff?

Considering how close he is with Katz its not going to happen. On any other team he would of been first in line for a compliance buy out. This will go down as the worst contract is Edmonton's history.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I have to say using the "Kevin Lowe 6 Rings" logic on the main board is hilarious because some people think you're serious.

flashy

In the name of Kane.
Dec 17, 2009
Edmonton
I have to say using the "Kevin Lowe 6 Rings" logic on the main board is hilarious because some people think you're serious.

The thing is, is that there are two tiers of Hfboards posters. Those that are sponsors and those that just lurk around on the main boards. We listen to the sponsors and they believe in this management group.

Last edited:

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Is there any chance oilers buy out horcoff?

Supposedly Stauffer was greasing the wheels a bit for a buyout earlier in the year, the blogosphere was pretty much overdosing on anti-depressants over it at the time since they don't watch the games and still think he's the same player from 2006.

But then Horc had the 5 game stretch where he looked like an NHL player before he remembered he didn't have to put any effort in to keep the checks coming in, Mact(who thinks Horc should be on the Canadian Olympic team) was hired, not to mention he's friend's with Mr. Loyalty himself(katz). All which makes it unlikely that he'll be bought out, and the Oilers will move forward with the status quo of carrying deadweight on the roster while claiming they plan to "compete for the playoffs, for real this time!".

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
At best, we can hope for a "buddy" type deal where Horcoff is traded for another player who is to be bought out, and then both players re-sign with their original team for a better deal cap wise. Horcoff could effectively get a raise out of this, if Katz likes him enough to ok a deal like that.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
At best, we can hope for a "buddy" type deal where Horcoff is traded for another player who is to be bought out, and then both players re-sign with their original team for a better deal cap wise. Horcoff could effectively get a raise out of this, if Katz likes him enough to ok a deal like that.

The best case scenario does not include having Horcoff on the team next year. No matter the cap hit.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
The best case scenario does not include having Horcoff on the team next year. No matter the cap hit.

I don't disagree, I just don't see that as even remotely a possibility. When the owner loves a player, they tend to stick around.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Someone has to have a troll face gif of the 6 rings rotating around the heads of MacT and Lowe if the Oilers win the lottery.

Springing that onto the main boards with the old faithful "U Mad" underneath... is sure to cause a few strokes and coronaries in some opposing fanbases. :)

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Considering how close he is with Katz its not going to happen. On any other team he would of been first in line for a compliance buy out. This will go down as the worst contract is Edmonton's history.

If this was true, I'd puke.

The cost of buying out Horcoff's contract before the lockout might have been too much to take on, but now that the new CBA allows for buyouts this summer, I'm hoping this year is the last we see of Horcoff.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
With RNH being out for an undisclosed amount of time when he has his surgery... I'm sure that's yet another reason to hold onto Horcoff. That's much easier for management than having to go out and replace him.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
With RNH being out for an undisclosed amount of time when he has his surgery... I'm sure that's yet another reason to hold onto Horcoff. That's much easier for management than having to go out and replace him.

That's why I really wish I knew Mac T's mind in terms of being a GM. With Tambellini, I agree 100%. It would be his excuse to go watch the Lord of the Rings and Star Wars trilogy all summer instead of having to make GMing moves. "What's to worry? We have lots of centers."

If Mac T has any sort of hopes of progression next year, that have to be one of his moves.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
I don't disagree, I just don't see that as even remotely a possibility. When the owner loves a player, they tend to stick around.

same with management. how else can bucky still have a job.

I didn't really read this PGT. is it pretty well just cut and paste from the past 10 post game threads?

MetaOil1993

Jun 22, 2012
Edmonton
Because he flat out sucks and I've had enough of him.

He could be playing for $1 and I'd still want him bought out.

It's time to move on from all the "going through the motions" players that have been around for this rebuild.

Horcoff and Hemsky need to go.

Addition by subtraction.

Great post totally agree! :handclap:

I don't really hate Horcoff for his cap hit, I hate him because he is a awful hockey player. The guy has been useless since his all star appearance. Time to move on.

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton

Kevin Lowe is the worst contract by far

The Perfect Human*

Guess who's back in the Hawks lineup on Wednesday night? None other than Patrick Sharp.

Hossa Toews Saad
Sharp Bolland Kane
Frolik Shaw Stalberg
Bickel Kruger Bollig

The Perfect Human*

I wonder if the Hawks consider a Gagner-for-Hjalmarsson+ type of deal. He sees the toughest minutes on that team, and has kept his head above the water in that role. Great shut-down defenseman that would look great alongside Justin Schultz next season. They'd probably love the thought of getting an offensively capable 2C.

Hossa Toews Saad
Sharp Gagner Kane

Best top-6 in the league?

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
I wonder if the Hawks consider a Gagner-for-Hjalmarsson+ type of deal. He sees the toughest minutes on that team, and has kept his head above the water in that role. Great shut-down defenseman that would look great alongside Justin Schultz next season. They'd probably love the thought of getting an offensively capable 2C.

Hossa Toews Saad
Sharp Gagner Kane

Best top-6 in the league?

A top 10 offensively 2nd line center is worth a crapload more than a #4 defensive defenceman that doesn't hit. Do you think Gagner is worth as much as Nick Schultz?

trent_vinyl

Jul 5, 2005
Not sure why people rag on Horcoff all the time...Yes he is not worth the 5.5mil/year but why do you care? Are you paying him? Are we close to cap hit? Answers are No to both questions so just stop with all the hate.

People rag/hate on him because he SUCKS! case closed.

The Perfect Human*

A top 10 offensively 2nd line center is worth a crapload more than a #4 defensive defenceman that doesn't hit. Do you think Gagner is worth as much as Nick Schultz?

He's top-20 offensively as a C.

Hjalmarsson is 2nd on the Hawks in ES TOI, behind only Keith.

Seabrook plays a whole minute less per game at ES.

He's no #4 defenseman. He's at worst a #3 who may be ready for a #2 role alongside a true #1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad