Oilers Lose 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Oh great. Now this argument. Keep spinning it the way you want it to fit your narrative. You don't want Yak to succeed. We get it

Yup, that's exactly what I'm saying here.

It would make me really happy if Yakupov could chip in. The team could use an extra goal in a lot of the games they played. Sadly he just isn't very good. :boredom:

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Yup, that's exactly what I'm saying here.

It would make me really happy if Yakupov could chip in. The team could use an extra goal in a lot of the games they played. Sadly he just isn't very good. :boredom:

Yak isn't very good. That much we already know. But he does have a skillset. We all know McDavid and Roy can untap Yak's potential. My complaint is why Chia couldn't sign Roy to play with Yak. Why waste his talents? Why not trade him if we have no use for him? I'm certainly not happy with how Chia handles some things. He's not a perfect GM but I expected more from him.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
You know it's funny b/c we ****** and complain about how bad our D is and costing us so many games.

Then we go out and lose a game
2-1. It just seems no matter what we are destined to lose. Bunch of losers on this team.

We could score 8 goals and lose 9-8

We could get an amazing goalie performance and still lose 1-0.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Yak isn't very good. That much we already know. But he does have a skillset. We all know McDavid and Roy can untap Yak's potential. My complaint is why Chia couldn't sign Roy to play with Yak. Why waste his talents? Why not trade him if we have no use for him? I'm certainly not happy with how Chia handles some things. He's not a perfect GM but I expected more from him.

But what exactly IS his skillset? This is what I want to know. He was drafted to be an elite goal scorer and he just isn't.

I'm sure Yak is being shopped but his value is extremely low, you don't trade a guy like him without getting something good in return.

I'm not terribly happy with Chia either but the hand he was dealt looks more like a Royal Sampler than anything else.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
You know it's funny b/c we ****** and complain about how bad our D is and costing us so many games.

Then we go out and lose a game
2-1. It just seems no matter what we are destined to lose. Bunch of losers on this team.

We could score 8 goals and lose 9-8

We could get an amazing goalie performance and still lose 1-0.

If New Jersey had even one legitimate scoring threat on their team, it would've been 5-1 NJ. They dominated us. Did we even stay in their zone longer than 15 seconds at a time?

Our team can only score off the rush and that doesn't work well in today's NHL. Sustained pressure is what wins you games.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Devils fan coming in peace to say that I was at the game last night (I just had to splurge and see Marty's jersey retired you know), and it was the first time that I'd seen McDavid live, and he stood out in a great way for the right reasons throughout the game. Even in the nosebleed seats where I was, he was very noticeable--drew the eye to him a lot. Very impressed with what I saw from him and enjoyed seeing him live.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
But what exactly IS his skillset? This is what I want to know. He was drafted to be an elite goal scorer and he just isn't.

I'm sure Yak is being shopped but his value is extremely low, you don't trade a guy like him without getting something good in return.

I'm not terribly happy with Chia either but the hand he was dealt looks more like a Royal Sampler than anything else.

A goalscorer as demonstrated in his rookie year. But he's not going to do it if his confidence is shot. Maybe we should play him with someone who understand how to use his skillset? This is a line up I would rather see.

Hall-Drai-Ebs
Pou-McDavid-Yak
Kassian-Letestu-Purcell

Much more balanced.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
If New Jersey had even one legitimate scoring threat on their team, it would've been 5-1 NJ. They dominated us. Did we even stay in their zone longer than 15 seconds at a time?

Our team can only score off the rush and that doesn't work well in today's NHL. Sustained pressure is what wins you games.

It's pathetic. The one time we only allow 2 goals, the supposedly "STRENGTH" of our team, our top 6 cannot even sustain offensive zone pressure and chances.

This team is so broken. It's like trying to fix up a house that's in terrible condition.

It's easier to just tear the whole fking thing down and rebuild it then try and patch it like chia has with the Reinhart trade and waiver pick ups.

What made this rebuild (2010-now) fail is we literally hit on ZERO picks after the first round, including two FIRST OVERALLS who are underachieving.

My head hurts...

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
It's pathetic. The one time we only allow 2 goals, the supposedly "STRENGTH" of our team, our top 6 cannot even sustain offensive zone pressure and chances.

This team is so broken. It's like trying to fix up a house that's in terrible condition.

It's easier to just tear the whole fking thing down and rebuild it then try and patch it like chia has with the Reinhart trade and waiver pick ups.

What made this rebuild (2010-now) fail is we literally hit on ZERO picks after the first round, including two FIRST OVERALLS who are underachieving.

My head hurts...

It starts on the back end. Wish I had a video of last night when Cledenning had the puck no pressure for like 10 seconds at the faceoff dot in his own end. Let the Devils set up so what does he do, forces a pass up to a winger with pressure the puck pretty much bounces back to him, he takes another 3 seconds with no one around then ices it?!?!!?

Yes folks that was McDavids line on the ice. Then we wonder why we cant score? It starts on the back end.

McDeathbyCheerios*

I think we would be far better off making a trade for Subban. An offer they simply CAN'T REFUSE. I don't care if we have to severely overpay. I don't care if every fanbase in the league and even our own fans hate on me for proposing it. This team is absolute trash. You overpay to get players who compete.

Hall, Klefbom, Eberle, 1st round pick 2017 for Subban, Gallagher.

Draisaitl for Hamonic, Lee, Okposo.

Pouliot, Yakupov, 2nd round pick for Marchand, Rinaldo

Sign Stempniak. (40 points in 55 games this year.)

Marchand-McDavid-Gallagher
Lee-RNH-Okposo
Kassian-Cizikas-Stempniak
Hendricks-Letestu-Rinaldo

Sekera-Subban
Nurse-Hamonic
Davidson-Fayne
Those are awful trades

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
It starts on the back end. Wish I had a video of last night when Cledenning had the puck no pressure for like 10 seconds at the faceoff dot in his own end. Let the Devils set up so what does he do, forces a pass up to a winger with pressure the puck pretty much bounces back to him, he takes another 3 seconds with no one around then ices it?!?!!?

Yes folks that was McDavids line on the ice. Then we wonder why we cant score? It starts on the back end.

Conversely we had Eberle inexplicably, and with complete time and control, on the PP, with no pressure, flip the puck back to the point (in the air) thus bouncing past the D and giving the Devils an odd man short handed break they almost scored on.

Bar none the absolute stupidest play of the game.

Even comments in the GDT of what are you thinking there Eberle. I'm still wondering.

WE have forwards on this team, several of them that still force plays all over the ice and when they have established possession lose the puck foolishly. We now have Taylor Hall for some reason being hesitant to work cycle give and go's with Draisaitl when they have proved so fruitfull.

As mentioned this is a now a team that tries to score on the rush and when that doesn't work just turns the puck over and hopes for another rush...

its like watching insanity

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014

This is true. It's funny b/c both my teams are 29th and 30th in the league, but at least with the leafs they show me what a simple BREAK OUT pass is and a nice offensive play by a dmen in regards to Rielly and Gardiner.

Has McDavid gotten a damn pass in stride yet? Nope b/c out dman miss the pass or turn it over.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
McDavid and Hall both miss on break always. To many penalties against and that's the game.

Fans that think this NHL where teams dominate, don't make any mistakes must be really new at watching hockey.

It's a game of inches, always has been always will be.

How many inches did they lose by over the weekend? A zillion?

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Conversely we had Eberle inexplicably, and with complete time and control, on the PP, with no pressure, flip the puck back to the point (in the air) thus bouncing past the D and giving the Devils an odd man short handed break they almost scored on.

Bar none the absolute stupidest play of the game.

Even comments in the GDT of what are you thinking there Eberle. I'm still wondering.

WE have forwards on this team, several of them that still force plays all over the ice and when they have established possession lose the puck foolishly. We now have Taylor Hall for some reason being hesitant to work cycle give and go's with Draisaitl when they have proved so fruitfull.

As mentioned this is a now a team that tries to score on the rush and when that doesn't work just turns the puck over and hopes for another rush...

its like watching insanity

We have no one back there the forwards trust. Did you see Eberle or Hall making the same plays in the World Championships last spring with Burns as a option? Nope.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
We have no one back there the forwards trust. Did you see Eberle or Hall making the same plays in the World Championships last spring with Burns as a option? Nope.

You mean that when surrounded with sensible system and players they play sensibly?

of course.

Would be nice to have some of that here.

Still, some mistakes are so inexplicable you just wonder how.

For instance who ever told Pouliot to be knocking pucks out of the air with his stick 10 feet in front of his net. I bet no coach anywhere, ever, told him to be doing that..

I see what you're saying though but I still can't avert my eyes..:laugh:

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
This is true. It's funny b/c both my teams are 29th and 30th in the league, but at least with the leafs they show me what a simple BREAK OUT pass is and a nice offensive play by a dmen in regards to Rielly and Gardiner.

Has McDavid gotten a damn pass in stride yet? Nope b/c out dman miss the pass or turn it over.

The Leafs have done a brilliant job shedding bad contracts.

The Oilers on the other hand...I just hope they dont add any more bad contracts.
I wouldnt be surprised if they sign Lucic for a stupid amount of money this off season.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Ehrhoff on waivers

Deservedly

This guy has been a steaming pile of horse dung in LA. Indescribably bad on an excellent team. Thing Schultz level bad.

The only question being why it took so long. Kings just wanted some more time to assess Schenn who is light years better option. Who they got for nothing along with Vinny Lecavalier.

Because no help is available out there..:sarcasm::(:rant:

With that said I wouldn't be surprised the Oilers are stupid enough to pick him up

McDeathbyCheerios*

Deservedly

This guy has been a steaming pile of horse dung in LA. Indescribably bad on an excellent team. Thing Schultz level bad.

The only question being why it took so long. Kings just wanted some more time to assess Schenn who is light years better option. Who they got for nothing along with Vinny Lecavalier.

Because no help is available out there..:sarcasm::(:rant:

With that said I wouldn't be surprised the Oilers are stupid enough to pick him up
To be fair Schenn and Lecavalier look good there because they have the depth to put them in proper positions to succeed and don't have to over play them.

We won't pick up Ehrhoff, we are sitting at 49 contracts.

McDeathbyCheerios*

The Leafs have done a brilliant job shedding bad contracts.

The Oilers on the other hand...I just hope they dont add any more bad contracts.
I wouldnt be surprised if they sign Lucic for a stupid amount of money this off season.
Lucic is a fierce winner. He is what Kassian was supposed to be. ****,
Lucic - McDavid - Kassian

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Lucic is a fierce winner. He is what Kassian was supposed to be. ****,
Lucic - McDavid - Kassian

BRuins fans lst night cheered for Lucic and gave him a long standing ovation complete with tons of placards in support of the player.

They miss him resolutely in Boston.

Something that doesn't happen everyday in the NHL.

Any criticism of Lucic is mostly unknowing.

you take the good with the bad with this player and ask for more..

duul

Jun 21, 2010
If Lucic wants to come here, you sign him. No questions asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad