Rumor: Oilers look to move a player with "term" for player who has a different "ingredient"

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
That's not different at all.

Oilers don't have a Brendan Gallagher or Tyson Barrie. We have size, size, grit, size, character, size... did I mention size? We lack speed and D breakout pass ability.

Who is there character guy? Lucic?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
2016 Chiarelli - We need size, lets sign Lucic

2018 Chiarelli - We need speed, lets trade Lucic

I get that Lucic had a down year, but why is everyone certain it’s him? Arguably, the fact that he had a down year is the reason he won’t be traded. Not to mention Chiarelli likes him and brought him in for a specific reason.

Reactions: thadd

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
That player with "term" is RNH and that "different ingredient" Chiarelli wants is the strong team defense provided by Luke Schenn

Reactions: dahrougem2

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
I get that Lucic had a down year, but why is everyone certain it’s him? Arguably, the fact that he had a down year is the reason he won’t be traded. Not to mention Chiarelli likes him and brought him in for a specific reason.

Down year dude is Chris Simon in Calgary or Probi in Chicago at the point

member 157595

That player with "term" is RNH and that "different ingredient" Chiarelli wants is the strong team defense provided by Luke Schenn
If the Oilers move RNH, the terrible winger depth gets even more terrible. I don't see how they can move RNH for a (realistically available) defenseman and be a better team afterwards.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

Stauffer is connected to the Oilers and often used as a sounding board with fans before a move is made (He discussed speculation/possibility of Eberle and Hall trades in advance of their departures). I'd wager this is based around a Klefbom trade, myself.

Can we say Klefbom?

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Here's me, trying to figure out whether there is a more creative way of saying 'we want to trade this bad and expensive guy for a different expensive guy and hope that he is not bad too.'

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Byron + Danault for RNH

Awful.

I’m pretty confident the ingredient we’re after is a PPQB, not downgrades and guys with no term.

McDavid, Draisaitl, RNH, Larsson, Nurse, and Talbot are all pretty safe. We’ll move Lucic/Sekera/Russell if we can. I don’t know if the org views Klefbom as untouchable - I think they’re looking to do Klefbom+ for a defensive upgrade, one that can provide more offense.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Wow, didn't think they would trade McDavid this early. Chia loves dealing those top 5 selections though :sarcasm:

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Chiarelli wants different ingredients?

Baertschi and Tanev are both players that have different skill sets compared to the rest of the Oilers.

What can we expect as a package with one or more of the Sekera, Lucic and/or Russel being included?

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Well, McDavid has term, and Jonathan Ericsson has a "Different Ingredient" called, "Bad Defense."

... So let's make a deal!

Reactions: tfong

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
“Could see”

Regardless of whether or not this source is gold, this is no different than when the legitimately reputable Elliott Friedman decides to speculate.

loyaltotheend

May 5, 2016
St. John's

Stauffer is connected to the Oilers and often used as a sounding board with fans before a move is made (He discussed speculation/possibility of Eberle and Hall trades in advance of their departures). I'd wager this is based around a Klefbom trade, myself.

Klefbom? I was assuming they meant Lucic. Wow, would be surprised if they did that.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If the Oilers move RNH, the terrible winger depth gets even more terrible. I don't see how they can move RNH for a (realistically available) defenseman and be a better team afterwards.

Because the Oilers allowed 33 more goals than they scored, which was the 5th most in the league, and Chiarelli likes his D

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011

Lucic to Montreal..back with Claude Julien

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad