How many goals do the Leafs score?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Its funny that peeps get so pumped up about a Leafs game. They don't even matter to me, never have, and hardly register. Through 50 yrs of watching hockey they have almost exclusively been a non entity. They have ALWAYS been an also ran.

I don't even give the Leafs enough credit to be at all excited about this game. Just another game.

I don't really get the fervent dislike for the Leafs. We hardly ever play them and theres never been any rivalry at all, never played them in the playoffs etc. Do people here actually follow the leafs? Please say no.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I don't think Leafs fans are that bad. There are bad apples in every fanbase and because the Leafs have arguably the largest, there are just more bad apples.

If any fanbase understands the suck like we do, it's the Leafs.

Only guys that drive me really nuts are the ones that think any Toronto area boy is going to run there and take a deal to be there.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Its funny that peeps get so pumped up about a Leafs game. They don't even matter to me, never have, and hardly register. Through 50 yrs of watching hockey they have almost exclusively been a non entity. They have ALWAYS been an also ran.

I don't even give the Leafs enough credit to be at all excited about this game. Just another game.

I don't really get the fervent dislike for the Leafs. We hardly ever play them and theres never been any rivalry at all, never played them in the playoffs etc. Do people here actually follow the leafs? Please say no.
The Leafs are the media darlings, especially now that they're actually good.

With that said I'm not really looking forward to this game at all. Might do the old "Watch until we start losing" bit. Might save myself a lot of time.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet

How to tell someone doesn't read the mainboards in one post. ;)

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The Leafs are the media darlings, especially now that they're actually good.

With that said I'm not really looking forward to this game at all. Might do the old "Watch until we start losing" bit. Might save myself a lot of time.

The only time I ever watch TSN is for some CFL broadcasts. I NEVER EVER watch their sports coverage programs, always go to Snet. I learned decades ago to avoid the Toronto Sports Network and I don't know I've missed a thing. So I know nothing about what TSN says about the leafs and that's all for the better. I wouldn't even know who is on TSN doing broadcasts or sports coverage outside of CFL.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
How to tell someone doesn't read the mainboards in one post. ;)

Stopped doing that about 12years ago. I wasn't popular there during the Canes series, haha, lets just say.

I recommend that nobody does it. Its so formulaic and predictable. Everybody bleating about their own teams. The only worse thing might be the Politics board and trying to have a reasonable discussion there.

Reactions: oXo Cube

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I don't think Leafs fans are that bad. There are bad apples in every fanbase and because the Leafs have arguably the largest, there are just more bad apples.

If any fanbase understands the suck like we do, it's the Leafs.

Only guys that drive me really nuts are the ones that think any Toronto area boy is going to run there and take a deal to be there.
No way. I work with about 40 guys from Ontario are they are all unreasonable when it comes to hockey. They are by far the most annoying fans in the league.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Matthews with an interesting take on McDavid comparison (1:21 - 1:57) and some nice things to say about Draisaitl (3:53 - 4:22)

PS. I don't follow the leafs, saw an Instagram post from TSN with the Matthews quote on McDavid/Crosby and looked up the interview

Reactions: RattsSSV

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Matthews with an interesting take on McDavid comparison (1:21 - 1:57) and some nice things to say about Draisaitl (3:53 - 4:22)

PS. I don't follow the leafs, saw an Instagram post from TSN with the Matthews quote on McDavid/Crosby and looked up the interview

Can't watch at work, what's the jist of it?

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Appreciate that there are no unrealistic options available in the poll. Keeping us all grounded in these difficult times.

Reactions: Mez

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
In the last 14 years, T.O. made the playoffs 3 times, and haven't won a playoff round.
In that same time frame,Edm. Made the playoffs twice and have won 4 rounds.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Can't watch at work, what's the jist of it?

My take, I didn't hear anything too interesting.

He was asked if he pays attention to / compares himself to someone like Connor. He said no, he doesn't really judge himself in comparison.

The second time stamp he says Draisaitl is good / big / strong.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
People be young here. They would need to google who that even is.

But people also be messing with the immortal Raffi Torres, who donned the 14 cape like no other. So much entertainment value. Worth the price of admission..

True
I was in high school in the 80's so I got to see the glory years. Man that was great hockey and everyone had lots of hair

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
so Lebrun on Toronto radio today saying he would take Matthews/Tavares over Draisaitl/McDavid, basically saying that Draisaitl is easily the worst of the 4 and McDavid can't make up the ground. Why is Draisaitl so disrespected around the league? If you make the argument that he is mainly a product of McDavid, then you have to say that McDavid is easily the best of the 4 and it should still be the Oiler duo.

I feel like people don't even mention Draisaitl's mean streak. I think that separates him from a lot of the top players in the league. This is a tank who will own physical match-ups in playoff series. Lets not forget some of the work he has done against the Flames just tossing Tkachuk/Gaudreau all over the ice. Always comes in to protect McDavid too.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
In the last 14 years, T.O. made the playoffs 3 times, and haven't won a playoff round.
In that same time frame,Edm. Made the playoffs twice and have won 4 rounds.

Try telling that to LEAFNATION and they will tell ya something different

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad