Pre-Game Talk: Oilers @ Leafs - Wed Feb 27th, 7pm - Trap Game Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
giphy.gif

With all of the stir about the Leafs heading to Long Island on Thursday and Tavares' big return, we can't forget about McDavid and the lowly Oilers making a visit to Toronto.

And knowing how sluggish the Leafs' have started in recent games, it's a cause for concern that they could get behind and have a hard time getting it together.

Studzle

Dec 1, 2013
Toronto
Hey guys

Broken Sens fan here but lifelong Kapanen fan. Going to be dropping by the GDT's some nights and try and neutrally watch some hockey.

Although I have a feeling the Leafs could easily cause me more mental trauma then the Sens already have haha.

Cheers fellas.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Starting on time would be a nice change of pace

We've got the talent to belt the hell out of these guys, will we get up for it mentally however?

Your guess is as good as mine

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Just get the W... Leafs need to beat the teams they should... and then they should be able to finish 2nd place in their division.

I think that will go a long way.

One game at a time.

No reason they can't beat Edmonton... they need to play 60 minutes, and make it easier on themselves.

sessiroth

Jan 21, 2010
Toronto Ont.
I know this is off topic but Matthews has a chance to join Crosby, Ovechkin, and McDavid as the only players since I believe Lindros to go directly from the draft to point per game average after the end of his first three seasons (ELC). Matthews is 2 points shy of being ppg career wise.

Stamkos and Kane got close but didn't hit it

Reactions: saffronleaf

member 157595

Hey guys

Broken Sens fan here but lifelong Kapanen fan. Going to be dropping by the GDT's some nights and try and neutrally watch some hockey.

Although I have a feeling the Leafs could easily cause me more mental trauma then the Sens already have haha.

Cheers fellas.

Are you trying to decrease or increase your alcohol consumption?

No one does mental trauma like the Leafs. At least in Ottawa you know you're screwed as long as Melnyk owns the team...it's arguably worse when you get the carrot dangled in front of you and then the Bruins shove the carrot up your ass.

Reactions: Erdinger

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Didnt know we had this game this week.

I wish we were going into NY fresh, but with this team it probably doest matter. We never follow the conventional wisdom and whe we should play well or poorly

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto
I think it's 5 games in a row now where we give up the 1st goal?

Need to start games better, we've been brutal lately in that regard.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
Those Oilers are pretty top-heavy, this is when we need Kadri to keep McDavid from scoring

upload_2019-2-26_13-16-14.png

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Kadri has done a good job shutting down McDavid historically.

With him out, I assume the matchup will go to the Tavares lines.

So Matthews and Nylander lines will be the keys here.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I kinda want Sparks to start this one. Thursday's game is going to be huge for obvious reasons, would rather have Andersen play in that game so the team doesn't embarrass themselves in what's a very important game for JT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad