Pre-Game Talk: Oilers @ Leafs - Wed Feb 27th, 7pm - Trap Game Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Edmonton fans sayin' Draisaitl (#29) is a better player than Tavares (#91) :laugh: ...C'mon I'm a homer when it comes to my team as well. But that is just ridonkulous.

That is hilarious but the Oilers season was probably over since November? I remember the times when the Leafs were a shit team and all I’d care about is Kessel and Lupul lighting it up. All they have to look forward to is McPoints and this season he’s not even going to win the Art Ross because Kucherov and Kane are playing crazy.

That team is so badly constructed. I don’t see a light at the end of their tunnel even with another lottery win.

Crazy that Vancouver despite having Jim Benning as their GM likely has a better future.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Anyone secretly wanting Edmonton to win the lottery just to compare Hughes' expression to McDavid's in '15?

I wouldn't wish that **** show on any kid, especially a talented one
If there's a way to screw a prospects development that lot will find it

WhySoSerious

Feb 26, 2019
Edmonton fans sayin' Draisaitl (#29) is a better player than Tavares (#91) :laugh: ...C'mon I'm a homer when it comes to my team as well. But that is just ridonkulous.
What do you expect from a fanbase whose playoff hopes end after the first month of the season for the last decade?

Last edited:
Reactions: WilliamNylander

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I know this is off topic but Matthews has a chance to join Crosby, Ovechkin, and McDavid as the only players since I believe Lindros to go directly from the draft to point per game average after the end of his first three seasons (ELC). Matthews is 2 points shy of being ppg career wise.

Stamkos and Kane got close but didn't hit it

That's even more impressive considering his average ice time thus far in his career.

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012

I just feel bad for them at this point.

Spending the last decade in embarrassing mediocrity has made them delusional. Squandering McDavids prime while missing the playoffs every year must be terrible to go through as a fan. I wouldn’t wish that on anyone.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
That is hilarious but the Oilers season was probably over since November? I remember the times when the Leafs were a **** team and all I’d care about is Kessel and Lupul lighting it up. All they have to look forward to is McPoints and this season he’s not even going to win the Art Ross because Kucherov and Kane are playing crazy.

That team is so badly constructed. I don’t see a light at the end of their tunnel even with another lottery win.

Crazy that Vancouver despite having Jim Benning as their GM likely has a better future.
the games against the Leafs are like the Cup finals for Edmonton fans too. It's kind of weird, but at least it's another thing for them to be excited about

KE19

Jan 30, 2019
I love how the fanbases of every irrelevant team absolutely loathe us.

It's funny seeing them get all worked up about us. Meanwhile we couldn't care less about them.

Reactions: Tracer Bullet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad