Pre-Game Talk: Oilers @ Leafs - Wed Feb 27th, 7pm - Trap Game Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOF Paul Henderson

Jan 16, 2019
Hey guys

Broken Sens fan here but lifelong Kapanen fan. Going to be dropping by the GDT's some nights and try and neutrally watch some hockey.

Although I have a feeling the Leafs could easily cause me more mental trauma then the Sens already have haha.

Cheers fellas.

You are most welcome here, fellow fan of Kapanen

13720dbd19c06f212ccdbd8fc1ba4c35415d8896de67931d7687e9c978c1bb48

Reactions: Kappy Is So Happy

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
I kinda want Sparks to start this one. Thursday's game is going to be huge for obvious reasons, would rather have Andersen play in that game so the team doesn't embarrass themselves in what's a very important game for JT.
They had an embarrassing no show against the Isles in Toronto earlier this season so I'd rather try for the easier 2 points against the Oilers

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
They had an embarrassing no show against the Isles in Toronto earlier this season so I'd rather try for the easier 2 points against the Oilers
Sparks was in that game FYI (though wasn't really his fault, team let him down badly)

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Remember when we were going to have trouble replacing JvR's output?

Johnsson and Kapanen now have about 75 points between them. Kapanen alone is having a better season and neither of them plays much on the PP.
JVR would have been next to useless on this team that never gets PP opportunities. Of his 16 goals in Philly 7 have come on the PP. That is going to be a contract that will make Zaitsev and Marleau's look good

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
You know, I am a TAD torn on this one. I of course want to win, but at the same time I want the Oil to finish strong and just miss the playoffs, causing them to have the least amount of balls for the lottery.

I don't want McDavid, Hughes, and Drai down the middle, they will eventually get it right with good management, they need to start drafting and developing like everyone else.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
You know, I am a TAD torn on this one. I of course want to win, but at the same time I want the Oil to finish strong and just miss the playoffs, causing them to have the least amount of balls for the lottery.

I don't want McDavid, Hughes, and Drai down the middle, they will eventually get it right with good management, they need to start drafting and developing like everyone else.
Feels like people have been saying this for a decade.

Reactions: DanM

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
giphy.gif

With all of the stir about the Leafs heading to Long Island on Thursday and Tavares' big return, we can't forget about McDavid and the lowly Oilers making a visit to Toronto.

And knowing how sluggish the Leafs' have started in recent games, it's a cause for concern that they could get behind and have a hard time getting it together.

Probably 4 powerplays for the Oilers in the first period alone the way the reffing has trended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad