GDT: Oilers@ LEAFS, 7:00pm, TV: TSN RADIO: TSN 1050

Status
Not open for further replies.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
McDavid is amazing. Best player on the ice.

But I don't think he's in the same tier as say, prime Crosby. He's probably the best skater + stick handler combination I've ever seen. Great shot. Good passing. Good hockeyIQ. But I don't think he's in that Crosby category.

Different players to be honest

Crosby owned you along the boards. Unfortunately, that was his demise. His body took a lot of beating

2019 is designed for players like McDavid. Even early Crosby days, he used to take a lot of beating. There were still a lot of goons and career AHLers playing in NHL trying to make a name for themselves

There Defencemen were that were nasty. They don't exist anymore, that gives players like McDavid a green light to skate around as he pleases

Reactions: Dangles McGavin

Dangles McGavin

RIP Lounge
Jul 7, 2010
Seattle/Waterloo
Different players to be honest

Crosby owned you along the boards. Unfortunately, that was his demise. His body took a lot of beating

2019 is designed for players like McDavid. Even early Crosby days, he used to take a lot of beating. There were still a lot of goons and career AHLers playing in NHL trying to make a name for themselves

There were that were nasty. They don't exist anymore, that gives players like McDavid a green light to skate around as he pleases

Nice post. And I agree with just about everything you said - they're about as different as elite players can get.

Sinkkunaattori

Go Waffles Go
Aug 5, 2011
Felt whole game like this is one of those tricky games where they hang around just near enough to keep you watching but lose in the end anyway.
Buuut maybe there's something else after all! Sure is nice seeing the depth guys score when the big boys are all off (so far).

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Oilers are not good
Leafs will win guaranteed

vmr8p58yevp01.jpg

No such thing for the Leafs

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
Crosby will never be touched imo. Probably my favourite player. He was the best player besides gretzky and lemieux.

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
McDavid is amazing. Best player on the ice.

But I don't think he's in the same tier as say, prime Crosby. He's probably the best skater + stick handler combination I've ever seen. Great shot. Good passing. Good hockeyIQ. But I don't think he's in that Crosby category.

McDavid is only 22 years old (23 next week). He's increased his point total every year of his career.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Sets up for Matthews to come through. He needs to find ways to stand out, not be a spectator when there's another star in town

Only star I have seen Matthews really go against is Eichel. Probably because they are buddies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad