Pre-Game Talk: Oilers @ Kings - Oct 14 - 8:30PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
I think this signals trade to be honest and they don't want to chance Petry getting injured against a bruising Kings team so it screams of them protecting their asset.

It's the only logical explanation although logic rarely applies with this organization because i can't imagine he's being sat due to ineffectiveness when plugs like Nikitin and Ference have been way worse.

Can't risk having the deal for that important second round pick fall through.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I think this signals trade to be honest and they don't want to chance Petry getting injured against a bruising Kings team so it screams of them protecting their asset.

It's the only logical explanation although logic rarely applies with this organization because i can't imagine he's being sat due to ineffectiveness when plugs like Nikitin and Ference have been way worse.

Trading him away is just as dumb as sitting him. I have no idea what these clowns are thinking other than McDavid in an Oiler uniform.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Trading him away is just as dumb as sitting him. I have no idea what these clowns are thinking other than McDavid in an Oiler uniform.

The worst run organization in sports, no argument here.
Just when you think that they couldn't get any dumber, they go ahead and do something like this and totally redee.....err make themselves look even dumber.

I don't know how anybody can defend the organization after all the perplexing moves this offseason, preseason and now season. Even the most optimistic posters are quiet because they know that there's no defending this.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
Just when you think that they couldn't get any dumber, they go ahead and do something like this and totally redee.....err make themselves look even dumber.

I don't know how anybody can defend the organization after all the perplexing moves this offseason, preseason and now season. Even the most optimistic posters are quiet because they know that there's no defending this.

Thing is, before the preseason, they were on paper, at least somewhat improved, at least on the backend. But for some reason they've decided to get clever with the roster or they value the wrong things and it's blowing up in their faces.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary

Only a matter of time before the actual good players on this team start asking out. I don't trust MacT to fix this situation, nor do I trust Lowe to well... do anything positive.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Thing is, before the preseason, they were on paper, at least somewhat improved, at least on the backend. But for some reason they've decided to get clever with the roster or they value the wrong things and it's blowing up in their faces.

Center depth was still atrocious, goaltending is better but still unproven, and MacT's defensive additions look like crap so far.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Only a matter of time before the actual good players on this team start asking out. I don't trust MacT to fix this situation, nor do I trust Lowe to well... do anything positive.

There's easily no faith in this management, regardless who we name, their jobs are all easily secured by Lord Katz. Ugh.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
I'd argue Hunt over Marincin would be worse. But it's really close. We're splitting hairs at this point. Eakins continues to astound with his decisions,

Fire Eakins

Nah, because Petry was our best d-man by far all of last year, and at the very least, Hunt (as he showed) has a PP bomb. It's dumb because he's getting destroyed in terms of possession, but at least it's arguable.

There is simply no logic to this.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Until this organization completely purges itself there's absolutely no reason to have faith in anything the team does. And that goes for Lord Katz too.

Wont happen, if Lowe offered to step down and Katz refused it, there's no chance any of the old boys will be purged. Hell even ****ing Chabot is still here, and I haven't seen one single goalie develop under him. God, the management just makes oiler fans pay their loyalty for their crap of managing an NHL team filled of no accountability along with old boys either getting "promoted" to a different position, or having their job secured.

Kepler 186f

Red Shifted
Dec 17, 2007

They have managed to flog any and all positive outlook out of me. I am solidly in prove it mode. And not a few wins, or slight improvement. I need to see real actual progress. >80 point season progress.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
There is no excuse. We all knew/know Macts evaluation on talent before this season. We watched him coach here how many years. He always wanted the Thorensen's and the Reasoner's playing.

We all know hes made a ton of moves so far trying to make this team better the last year. Hes made one trade so far that has worked out. Perron. You could also say hes made this team worse than it was before he took over with last years standings.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

MacT made some decent moves to upgrade the depth of the roster on the wing and defense but then they proceed to underutilize their resources and totally waste the preseason. Plus the fact that they went into the season banking on a career AHLer (although he has played decently) and a rookie as their middle centers.
Not to mention the whole Tkachev debacle.

Even when they seem to get it somewhat right, they still wind up wronging the right.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Until this organization completely purges itself there's absolutely no reason to have faith in anything the team does. And that goes for Lord Katz too.

his record is a sparkling 170-233-46 .421 winning % since taking over ownership

all the while keeping his jock-sniffing friends around to sewer this organization
and getting his palace built

ponokanocker

Nov 17, 2009
There is no excuse. We all knew/know Macts evaluation on talent before this season. We watched him coach here how many years. He always wanted the Thorensen's and the Reasoner's playing.

We all know hes made a ton of moves so far trying to make this team better the last year. Hes made one trade so far that has worked out. Perron. You could also say hes made this team worse than it was before he took over with last years standings.

I liked most of the players he was bringing in, but switching coaches was a stupid idea, and hiring Eakins was a disaster. Him and Eakins choices of the D at the start of the year is just mind blowing.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
For some reason, this Petry decision put me into a good mood because at least now I don't have any more expectations for this season but continued failure.

I wonder if a Hall trade demand would snap Katz out of it and make a shakeup actually go down.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Well who hired the coach? I hear Bylsma is still available...

While I would be ecstatic to get rid of Eakins, please no Bylsma. He'd be an improvement here, but having watched a lot of Pens games over the past few years, I want nothing to do with him. Him being fired from Pittsburgh is the best thing to happen to that team in years.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Wont happen, if Lowe offered to step down and Katz refused it, there's no chance any of the old boys will be purged. Hell even ****ing Chabot is still here, and I haven't seen one single goalie develop under him. God, the management just makes oiler fans pay their loyalty for their crap of managing an NHL team filled of no accountability along with old boys either getting "promoted" to a different position, or having their job secured.

I know, nobody's going anywhere. The Oilers will win a few games (eventually) and everyone will pat each other on the back for a job well done.

his record is a sparkling 170-233-46 .421 winning % since taking over ownership

all the while keeping his jock-sniffing friends around to sewer this organization
and getting his palace built

Even the tightfisted EIG weren't this bad.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
It's crazy... there was one defensive pairing last year that showed any sort of defensive acumen. Now one is a healthy scratch and the other didn't even make the team out of training camp.

Does anyone honestly believe that right now for tonight that Jeff Petry and Martin Marincin aren't two of this teams top 6 d-men?

This coaching staff is brain dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad