Nikita Nikitin
Mark Fayne
Darnell Nurse
Andrew Ference
Brad Hunt
Justin Schultz

Viktor Fasth
Ben Scrivens

Will update defenders once they become available.

That center depth. :laugh:

Last edited:

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
Did they confirm Nuge is out???

As I posted in the other thread…

As bad as this sounds, If Nuge is questionable at all, I would rather he sit this one out and have another day to rest whatever is bothering him, I don't see Oilers standing a chance tonight against the Kings especially with Eberle out too, so may as well err on the safe side with Nuge, he is the single most important player for the Oilers to have any success this season.

Oilception

Oct 11, 2012
St. Albert
2 of our best players hurt, Yakimovs first ever game, against LA, after we just lost to Vancouver and Calgary.

It'll be ugly but we will win somehow cause it doesnt make sense

3-2 Oilers

(Yakimov, Yakupov, Hall)

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
nuge and purcell on the ice for practice per twitter

CornKicker

Feb 18, 2005
im just hoping that ranford ocmes over and tells scrivens to stop holding his glove like a foriegn kid playing street hockey for the first time.

spot

Aug 26, 2007
Let's go Big Bog!

Don't mind it actually. We had some size in Bogs and some toughness in Acton. Eberle might be injured and would explain why he has been a complete non factor. Even if Acton gets on the forecheck and finishes his checks he still adds more then Eberle this game. Yakimov adds size down the middle which you need against the Kings, and a net front presence. Still have plenty of power play options. Oil win 3-1 all goals on the power play, Fasth makes 35 saves. (Hunt, Hall, Purcell)

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Did they confirm Nuge is out???

As I posted in the other thread…

As bad as this sounds, If Nuge is questionable at all, I would rather he sit this one out and have another day to rest whatever is bothering him, I don't see Oilers standing a chance tonight against the Kings especially with Eberle out too, so may as well err on the safe side with Nuge, he is the single most important player for the Oilers to have any success this season.

I haven't seen confirmation.

This from Eakins on the Oilers Blog....take from it what you will:

“The three guys not practicing today are all with multiple bang-ups,” Head Coach Dallas Eakins said. “We’ll just assess them day-by-day, but for the three of them it was one of those things where you come in that fit from the summer and we’re not so worried about them being on the ice, we need them to play. So we thought they would benefit from another day of some rest and rehab inside.” Coach Bean

Ergot

Pinko
Oct 4, 2014
GVA
...Nurse wouldn't be a bad choice to play tonight. He's one of our few D who might give LA's big forwards something to think about in the Oil zone. Gotta give him games at some point. I'd sit Ference out, with the way he played the last two games.

Our line combinations look pretty gnarly, I admit. Hope Big Bog has a great game.

Oil pull out an improbable OT win, 4-3. Because Oilers.

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
Confirmed via Oilers Now:

Fasth starting
RNH and Eberle will not play tonight
Nurse is in tonight, Petry out

I'm fine with this, give some guys a debut in a likely loss anyway, and give the guys more important to the season as a whole time to heal, I know it's early and they need to get off to a good start but they need RNH healthy longterm.

In regards to Petry, I hope it is injury related because any of Ference, Hunt and Nikitin should be in the press box before him if it is based on play.

Last edited:

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Lol.

What a gong show this organization is. Did anyone not see this coming in the summer?

Nuge goes down and the team is left with a 4th liner and three players who have combined for fewer than 50 NHL games. Two of them teenagers.

And Petry being scratched? Lol. Andrew Ferrence doesn't even look like he can skate at this stage of his career. Hopefully Petry is hurt. Otherwise there is no way our coaching staff can be this dumb.

CornKicker

Feb 18, 2005
lol this just keeps getting better, our best C and D going into the defending stanley cup champs house.

hope fasth brought his 50 shots against pads

CornKicker

Feb 18, 2005
Lol.

What a gong show this organization is. Did anyone not see this coming in the summer?

Nuge goes down and the team is left with a 4th liner and three players who have combined for fewer than 50 NHL games. Two of them teenagers.

lol the teenagers combine for 2 nhl games of experience. we are so hooped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad