GDT: Oilers @ Jets • Sun Oct 23, 3PM • Heritage Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I think they are excellent

It's all the old wrinklies that don't like that kind of music. I thought it was good. Blew Cochrane's performance out of the water. Guy could barely string together a few words without his voice cutting out.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Did the fire works malfunction? Or was the plan to launch on lonely, sad little firework at the climax of that final song?

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
:laugh: NHL can't win no matter who they pick.

"Too old!"
"Too hipster!"
"Not relevant enough!"
"Past their prime!"
"Relevant but BAD."
"Too American!"
"Too Canadian!"

If HFBoards had there way, they'd only accept old artists that have gone into a time machine to still be in their prime.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
....jeez. Was surfing the net while the song was on, and just happened to catch a glimpse of the band at the end. I could've sworn the lead singer was female by the sound. :facepalm:

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
Michael Moore knows how important this game is to the hockey world and is making a documentary, I can't wait to watch it!
KDMqLkM.jpg

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

"Too old!"
"Too hipster!"
"Not relevant enough!"
"Past their prime!"
"Relevant but BAD."
"Too American!"
"Too Canadian!"

If HFBoards had there way, they'd only accept old artists that have gone into a time machine to still be in their prime.

Can't please anyone these days. Especially old people.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey

"Too old!"
"Too hipster!"
"Not relevant enough!"
"Past their prime!"
"Relevant but BAD."
"Too American!"
"Too Canadian!"

Everybody has their own taste in music, and there will never be a band everybody agrees with.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
What was painful was that emo band they showed before the game. Sum 41 or something? Awful, sounded like something an edgy 12 year old girl listens to.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
I'm late to the game. Tuned in just in time to catch that generic intermission act. But didn't the game start at 3 EST? Even allowing for lots of frippery before puck-drop, how is that the 2nd is only now just starting? Ice issues? Broken glass?

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
I'm late to the game. Tuned in just in time to catch that generic intermission act. But didn't the game start at 3 EST? Even allowing for lots of frippery before puck-drop, how is that the 2nd is only now just starting? Ice issues? Broken glass?

Game was delayed almost 2 hours due to sun glare.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Delayed because of ice issues.

Ashasx

Jun 30, 2010
is there ever more complaining about music choices than from fans about nhl events?

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
I think I'd get sick if they left that ref cam on for more than a few seconds at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad