GDT: Oilers @ Jets • Sun Oct 23, 3PM • Heritage Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Very composed third period here from the Oilers. Carrying play and keeping five guys between the puck and their net at all times.

Oilers out shooting 9-2 in the third.

Whiston532

Dec 27, 2010
Edmonton
Oilers special teams (PP and PK) are sub-par. They are winning because of ES scoring and the odd SHG.

Oh definitely. Atleast now our ES play is able to make up for it. We need the special teams play to atleast be good to really be a threat

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Complete no show for the jets, ugly effort jets. Disappointing effort

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Craig "simpleton" ... "McDavid thinks Ehlers went down too easily" as McDavid shows no suggestion at all of complaining about the call.

Such a clown.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
Bizarre performance by the Jets.

Was watching the 1st with my dad and said "The cross-ice passes, giving the puck back to the point, and one-timers aren't working because of the bad ice, whichever team figures this out first will win this game". Oilers came out in the second, stopped worrying about stretch passes and one-timers, took the 3-0 lead and Winnipeg never clued in, were still trying to set up one-timers and putting pucks back to the point, only to watch them hop over sticks. Odd.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Too bad the Leafs weren't playing instead of the Oilers. Jets would have taken the win in OT.

A boring game is a boring game. Hughson was near monotone and the game was entirely too quiet with no mics near the stands. These games are supposed to be about atmosphere and there was none.

Don't be mad.

Orangelink

Oct 10, 2015
Geneva, CH
It seems a bit too early in the season to hold an outdoor game. Things have not heated up yet, and that might explain the absence of emotion in that heritage classic.

Btw the Oilers are first in the standings league-wide :sarcasm:

Quiksilver*

I'm always right.
Sep 1, 2003
Winnipeg just needed another 2-3 PP's and they might've been able to do something.

Time to revise that list of worst outdoor games.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
A boring game is a boring game. Hughson was near monotone and the game was entirely too quiet with no mics near the stands. These games are supposed to be about atmosphere and there was none.

Don't be mad.

My team just shutout a team 3-0 and is first in the league. Why would I be mad? :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad