Dreger: Oilers interested in Kapanen/Johnsson/Kerfoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
About what? Whether the Oilers should blow up their defence for the sake of getting Kapanen? I can tell you the results won’t be anywhere near what you’re hoping they will be.
Lol. You know he's talking about a Hughes vs Bear value poll. :laugh:

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Lol. You know he's talking about a Hughes vs Bear value poll. :laugh:

I swear he has significant reading comprehension issues. I’ve never once claimed their value is the same. What I have said is their impacts are similar at even strength, and Hughes has gotten power play time which is zooming his numbers. All of which is completely true, so I’m not sure what pollboy wants from me.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
I’ve never argued that Hughes wasn’t more valuable. I’ve said this already, multiple times. On this page. You don’t even have to scroll back. Hughes has more value. You’re ignoring what I ACTUALLY said, which is if nobody is untouchable, Hughes isn’t either. What’s the price to Toronto in a package that starts with Kapanen?
Great, then we're back to where we started. Hughes wouldn't be traded for a comparable package because he has more value. At this point I don't think you even have a clear idea of what you're trying to say.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Great, then we're back to where we started. Hughes wouldn't be traded for a comparable package because he has more value. At this point I don't think you even have a clear idea of what you're trying to say.

And I’ve tried saying from the absolute outset that Edmonton is completely uninterested in trading Bear - at all - for anything - to anybody, but that just wasn’t good enough for you, was it?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
The next level up is guys like our big 4 up front, Rielly and Andersen which isn’t going to happen.

then I would abandon any hope of pulling Nurse out of Edmonton. Klefbom and Bear are not available, no matter how much that upsets wandering Canucks fans.

Larsson/Benning/Russell/Jones could be had at various price points.

bandwagonesque

Mar 5, 2014
And I’ve tried saying from the absolute outset that Edmonton is completely uninterested in trading Bear - at all - for anything - to anybody, but that just wasn’t good enough for you, was it?
That isn't what we're talking about at this point. You said expecting Edmonton to be willing to trade Bear for a certain package is tantamount to expecting Vancouver to trade Hughes for the same package, which you know isn't true.

bandwagonesque

Mar 5, 2014
Also, this isn't true either. It's dumb hyperbole that communicates nothing.

Mar 14, 2011
For those saying Kap doesn't get a 1st remember, Tatar who was coming off 2 straight 40 point season and was on pace for less than 40 that year got a package of 1st + 2nd + 3rd round picks and Tatar also had 2.1 mill more in AAV compare to Kapanen.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
That isn't what we're talking about at this point. You said expecting Edmonton to be willing to trade Bear for a certain package is tantamount to expecting Vancouver to trade Hughes for the same package, which you know isn't true.

Again, if you’d bother to read instead of getting all frothed up at the mouth, I said they’d be similarly unavailable. Hughes would fetch more, you’re absolutely right, so go ahead and put the ruler away. But if he’s not untouchable and you think Edmonton would trade Bear for Kapanen, 2nds, and Liljegren, then you should be willing to move Hughes for Kapanen/1st/Sandin.

It makes sense why you’d want Edmonton to blow up their defence, I just find it very entertaining that you don’t want your favourite team to scrap your impactful young defenceman for a winger with 10 goals and futures, but you expect us to.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Also, this isn't true either. It's dumb hyperbole that communicates nothing.

And again, we circle back to your absolute inability to hear the word “no” without getting personally offended. Edmonton has no interest in trading Bear at all, particularly not in season where we’re one point out of first. You’re living in a fantasy land.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
For those saying Kap doesn't get a 1st remember, Tatar who was coming off 2 straight 40 point season and was on pace for less than 40 that year got a package of 1st + 2nd + 3rd round picks and Tatar also had 2.1 mill more in AAV compare to Kapanen.
No one said that Kapanen doesn't return a 1st. The 1st round pick discussion was a response to this post...
Johnsson for a 1st rounder.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017

you do know that was pretty bad trade right? kapanen is worth a late first but I don't think anyone would trade one for him in the next 2 drafts since they are both looking really solid.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Hughes holds vastly more value than Bear, and for context:

- I have followed Bear since his first season in Seattle and am a massive fan of his game

- I am a Habs fan

- I was opposed to drafting Hughes when my team had the opportunity

Hughes is a blue-chip 20 year old who is QB'ing one of the better balanced offensive attacks in the league at every opportunity. Bear is a 22 year old upstart who very few expected to play this much this early on. Neither are at their ceilings, but Hughes' is simply much higher.

Very happy for Bear though, he is a good kid and has exceeded expectations at every level thus far.

Yeah, Hughes is better than Bear.

But holds tremendous value to Oiler fans. He’s a bona fide top 4 RHD as a rookie. He’s been a total revelation this year, I can’t wait until he starts getting legit PP time one day.

I can’t remember the last time we had a D man with his hockey IQ and passing ability. He’s amazing in transition and solid defensively.

He completely shut Hall down yesterday several times and was the main reason Hall went -5 against us yesterday.

But yes, obviously Hughes has a offensive dynamic element that Bear doesn’t have and it’s not a knock on Bear more about how dynamic Hughes is offensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad