Dreger: Oilers interested in Kapanen/Johnsson/Kerfoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Yamamoto has 3 goals, 6 points in 8 games since his recall and looks perfectly comfortable on the RW with Nuge and Draisaitl. We’ve got our 2nd line winger and didnt have to trade a RH shot D to get him.

This right here....forget the 8 game sample size being small....give the kid the Calder.

Reactions: Drew311

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
This right here....forget the 8 game sample size being small....give the kid the Calder.
Ya. You’re right. He was a former 1st round pick, and has been productive in the AHL a couple years now, and has looked really good on our new second line but none of that matters. The Oilers better overpay for Johnsson right away. The Leafs are in trouble and that simply wont do. Waiting to see how this goes as we sit near 1st in our division, and in a playoff spot would be silly. :huh:

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Everyone is available according you you,
This has nothing to do with what I just said. I'm not disputing that everyone is available, I'm disputing that Quinn Hughes and Ethan Bear have comparable value.

the only difference between Hughes and Bear is a couple of years and powerplay time. Expecting Bear to be available from Edmonton is like expecting Vancouver to move Hughes.
These statements are obviously not true and I don't think you actually believe them.

Regardless of which one of us is right about what we were discussing in the first place, you don't seem capable of forming a coherent argument.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Hfboard Oiler and Leaf fans cant get even, this is the waterproof , Holland and Dubas cancel all deals.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
This has nothing to do with what I just said. I'm not disputing that everyone is available, I'm disputing that Quinn Hughes and Ethan Bear have comparable value.

These statements are obviously not true and I don't think you actually believe them.

Regardless of which one of us is right about what we were discussing in the first place, you don't seem capable of forming a coherent argument.

They’ve produced exactly the same at even strength. They have the same icetime. They’re on similarly
good teams. Bear has more blocks and more hits - by a lot. Bear faces tougher zonestarts. Hughes gets powerplay time. That’s it. They’re more comparable than you seem to be comfortable with, I wonder why that is? Why couldn’t Kapanen+ return Hughes? Perhaps another second rounder would do it.

You can’t seem to handle being told no. That won’t serve you well in life. I recommend you get that under control.

bandwagonesque

Mar 5, 2014
They’ve produced exactly the same at even strength. They have the same icetime. They’re on similarly
good teams. Bear has more blocks and more hits - by a lot. Bear faces tougher zonestarts. Hughes gets powerplay time. That’s it. They’re more comparable than you seem to be comfortable with, I wonder why that is? Why couldn’t Kapanen+ return Hughes? Perhaps another second rounder would do it.

You can’t seem to handle being told no. That won’t serve you well in life. I recommend you get that under control.
Absolutely no one, even fans in your own board who you interact with regularly, would take any of this seriously. I don't know what else to say.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Absolutely no one, even fans in your own board who you interact with regularly, would take any of this seriously. I don't know what else to say.

No one takes him seriously. He’s just here to argue and will take it to extremes just keep it going. Don’t waste your time.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Your complete ignorance of how good Bear has been this season is on you, not on anyone else. Pay attention to the rest of the league before you shoot your mouth off any further.

GOilers88

Upside Down Canadian Flag
Dec 24, 2016
Because you can’t be a second liner without winning the Calder?

What is this supposed to mean?
Right?

The plan was for Holland to run this team this year and see what he has everywhere. The team is playing well, are first in their division almost at the end of January, and are quite tight against the cap with some ugly contracts off the books this summer and others losing another year of term making them easier to move. The fact that a couple of their own picks in Yamo and Benson appear to be capable of internally filling some holes means that Holland doesn't have to go out and make moves for the sake of making moves. I firmly believe he will bring in help this summer when he has a little more flexibility, but apparently this doesn't sit well with some people, and the Oilers are again making the wrong move by not making moves right now. Put simply, Yamo playing well right now albeit a small sample buys the team time in having to make a trade to find someone to do what he's currently doing. If he stumbles down the stretch then you know for sure he might not be the guy. But as it currently stands (again I understand the sample size is small) he IS filling that second line wing hole, so there's no need to go out and deviate from the plan.

It's like people don't think about what they're talking about before they talk about it.

Last edited:

sens13

Mar 16, 2017

damn homer. calm down.:laugh:

Seems like your the one who can't take no for any answer. I mean no one ever agrees with your garbage proposals/evaluations.

I wonder why?

Reactions: Tarmore
Mar 14, 2011

Bear is also allowing a team high 5 vs 5, 3.39 goals against average per 60. Yes his facing tougher zone starts but that doesn't mean his excelling at it. For comparison, Klefbom and Larsson both have a GA near 2.8, the Bear-Nurse pairing are getting abuse by top oppositions by the looks of things.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
If Kapanen gets traded for Larsson, does that mean that Leafs fans will argue Kapanen = Hall? :naughty:

bandwagonesque

Mar 5, 2014
Your complete ignorance of how good Bear has been this season is on you, not on anyone else. Pay attention to the rest of the league before you shoot your mouth off any further.
Okay. Let's invite Oilers fans and anyone else to chime in. How many of us think Bear is equivalent in trade value to Hughes? You're welcome to post this on your own board with friendlier fans, or make a poll.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Okay. Let's invite Oilers fans and anyone else to chime in. How many of us think Bear is equivalent in trade value to Hughes? You're welcome to post this on your own board with friendlier fans, or make a poll.

your opinion is 1) nobody is untouchable and 2) bear could be had for Kapanen and futures. Why don’t you start a poll among people that know anything about Bear and we’ll find out how much you know about anyone that’s not a Canuck?

This board values points. Hughes has been spoonfed powerplay time, an opportunity Bear hasn’t gotten. Hughes has more value because he’s younger, I’ve never argued that. What I HAVE argued is that if nobody is untouchable and all Toronto has to do is throw in futures to Kapanen to get Bear, why is the same not true for Hughes?

bandwagonesque

Mar 5, 2014
your opinion is 1) nobody is untouchable and 2) bear could be had for Kapanen and futures. Why don’t you start a poll among people that know anything about Bear and we’ll find out how much you know about anyone that’s not a Canuck?

This board values points. Hughes has been spoonfed powerplay time, an opportunity Bear hasn’t gotten. Hughes has more value because he’s younger, I’ve never argued that. What I HAVE argued is that if nobody is untouchable and all Toronto has to do is throw in futures to Kapanen to get Bear, why is the same not true for Hughes?
Because Hughes is significantly more valuable and a package that might be considered a reasonable offer for Bear almost certainly wouldn't be considered a reasonable offer for Hughes. You know this, and are pretending not to for the sake of continuing a pointless argument. Again, post a poll. Do it on your own board among Oilers fans if you like. We both know exactly what the result will be.

GoingInDrai

GoingInDrai89
Feb 10, 2019
To Edm:
Kapanen 3.2mil x 3 years
Ceci 4.5mil x 1 year

To Tor:
Larsson 4.2 mil x 2 years
Chiasson 2.1 mil x 2 years
Granlund 1.3 mil x 1 year

Toronto gets an upgrade on D and an extra year of control, Oilers get what was once a promising young Dman who could use a change of scenery that we could walk away from next year if needed. Oilers get an upgrade on the wing and give up a very serviceable 3rd line winger and a 4th line/ 13th forward that adds some depth and is a very solid penalty killer

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Because Hughes is significantly more valuable and a package that might be considered a reasonable offer for Bear almost certainly wouldn't be considered a reasonable offer for Hughes. You know this, and are pretending not to for the sake of continuing a pointless argument. Again, post a poll. Do it on your own board among Oilers fans if you like. We both know exactly what the result will be.

And who’s deciding what’s reasonable? You? I’ve already posted ample evidence that Hughes and Bear have extremely similar impacts on the ice at even strength. Hughes is younger and has gotten powerplay opportunities. He’s also a complete non factor physically. But Edmonton - a team that is ONE point behind Vancouver - is going to blow up their defence by jettisoning an excellent young defenceman for a winger with ten goals, but that’s impossible for the team you cheer for?

Pretty easy to tell you’re entirely too biased to have any kind of conversation about your own young impact players, but you sure do like serving up ours for packages of lesser pieces.

Let’s not forget this all started because I had the audacity to say that a player we absolutely cannot afford to lose isn’t available and you just HAD to “well AHKSHUALLY” me.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014

Hughes holds vastly more value than Bear, and for context:

- I have followed Bear since his first season in Seattle and am a massive fan of his game

- I am a Habs fan

- I was opposed to drafting Hughes when my team had the opportunity

Hughes is a blue-chip 20 year old who is QB'ing one of the better balanced offensive attacks in the league at every opportunity. Bear is a 22 year old upstart who very few expected to play this much this early on. Neither are at their ceilings, but Hughes' is simply much higher.

Very happy for Bear though, he is a good kid and has exceeded expectations at every level thus far.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
And who’s deciding what’s reasonable? You? I’ve already posted ample evidence that Hughes and Bear have extremely similar impacts on the ice at even strength. Hughes is younger. But Edmonton - a team that is ONE point behind Vancouver - is going to blow yo their defence by jettisoning an excellent young defenceman for a winger with ten goals, but that’s impossible for the team you cheer for?

Pretty easy to tell you’re entirely too biased to have any kind of conversation about your own young impact players, but you sure do like serving up ours for packages of lesser pieces.

When's the last time a middle six winger returned a top four D? Genuinely curious how often that happens for anyone who has two seconds to google it.

bandwagonesque

Mar 5, 2014
And who’s deciding what’s reasonable? You? I’ve already posted ample evidence that Hughes and Bear have extremely similar impacts on the ice at even strength. Hughes is younger and has gotten powerplay opportunities. He’s also a complete non factor physically. But Edmonton - a team that is ONE point behind Vancouver - is going to blow up their defence by jettisoning an excellent young defenceman for a winger with ten goals, but that’s impossible for the team you cheer for?

Let your fellow Oilers fans decide -- post a poll.

bandwagonesque

Mar 5, 2014
But Edmonton - a team that is ONE point behind Vancouver - is going to blow up their defence by jettisoning an excellent young defenceman for a winger with ten goals, but that’s impossible for the team you cheer for?
It's impossible in this case because Hughes is far too valuable. No one else has ever claimed the two players are comparable as far as I've seen, and no one here agrees with you. Again, post a poll. You aren't doing that because you know exactly what will happen.

bandwagonesque

Mar 5, 2014
About what? Whether the Oilers should blow up their defence for the sake of getting Kapanen? I can tell you the results won’t be anywhere near what you’re hoping they will be.
You know exactly what I'm talking about -- your claim that Hughes and Bear have similar value. You've claimed it over and over again, in nearly every post, and it's the crux of your objections to anything I've said. So again, post a poll. Do it anywhere you like, including your own board among Bear's biggest fans.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
It's impossible in this case because Hughes is far too valuable. No one else has ever claimed the two players are comparable as far as I've seen, and no one here agrees with you. Again, post a poll. You aren't doing that because you know exactly what will happen.

I’ve never argued that Hughes wasn’t more valuable. I’ve said this already, multiple times. On this page. You don’t even have to scroll back. Hughes has more value. You’re ignoring what I ACTUALLY said, which is if nobody is untouchable, Hughes isn’t either. What’s the price to Toronto in a package that starts with Kapanen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad