Friedman: Oilers Interested in Athanasiou to play with McDavid

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeg

Jun 16, 2015
AA was clearly a good candidate for McDavid, however if we wanted him the time to get him was while contract disputes were on going not after he pots a bunch of goals and has a good season

opportunity missed

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
If Detroit wants to move on from AA it's going to be a 4 quarters for a dollar type deal. Sorry, this is how the NHL works.

Bear + (2)3rd's + Spooner
Well obviously from what Dreger just reported, Detroit isn't moving on from AA. He's considered part of our rebuild. And he's still under team control for 2 more years after this. Some Wing fans think he walks in 2 years. I'm not so sure Holland gave him what he and his agent wanted on this deal for a 2 year bridge deal. I still think we ink him long term next summer' I don't think it's out of the question that he doesn't get close to Nyquist money maybe 5 x 5.5 on his next deal.

Richard Menzel

Jan 23, 2019
You should just stop now. AA is not a line driver as you claimed earlier and he isn't necessarily a core piece. I know you don't want to hear it but AA IS available. So no, the point is not moot.
You can add Zadina and Veleno as no trade core pieces. Most people forget the 3 on 3 OT as well you need speed. The core that wont be traded= Larkin, Mantha, AA, Cholowski, Hronek, Zadina and Veleno!! The rest is fair game even Bertuzzi!!

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Hate when everyone thinks sticking 2 speedsters together is a recipe for success. AA and Larkin haven't been that great together, despite all that speed

McDavids best line mates have been players who can get him the puck in the neutral zone. After that it has been players like Drai and Maroon who can be strong on the boards

AA would be better suited w/ Drai or RNH way more than McDavid

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Chiarelli got fired for stupidity like Hall for Larsson, and I’d do Hall for Larsson 10 times out of 10 before I traded a forward on pace for 100 points for an older forward on pace for 55 points.

A Draisaitl - AA swap would make some of the moves Chiarelli made look like goddamn genius.

Yeah you are wrong. AA value isn't that far off from Larsson. I will lay off tho. You have it hard enough as an Oilers fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad