Rumor: Oilers interested in AA

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Are you comparing AA to Gaudreau yet still painting him in a negative light? I don't get it...

You seem to have trouble not understanding a lot of posts on here and it makes you always on the defensive., what I'm saying is that a player can be overall effective, and a solid NHLer while still not being good at certain aspects of the game. AA can be lazy and can cherry pick, other good players do that. It doesnt mean he has no trade value.

If Gaudrea was a great defensive player he would be the best player in the NHL. If AA did he would be one of the best as well and we would be talking about a legit first line center. But theyre not so the value of each player is adjusted accordingly. No player is perfect so his defensive game can be questioned while still having trade value.

Its not rocket appliances

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
You seem to have trouble not understanding a lot of posts on here and it makes you always on the defensive., what I'm saying is that a player can be overall effective, and a solid NHLer while still not being good at certain aspects of the game. AA can be lazy and can cherry pick, other good players do that. It doesnt mean he has no trade value.

If Gaudrea was a great defensive player he would be the best player in the NHL. If AA did he would be one of the best as well and we would be talking about a legit first line center. But theyre not so the value of each player is adjusted accordingly. No player is perfect so his defensive game can be questioned while still having trade value.

Its not rocket appliances
Not understanding just not agreeing. All you guys do is harp on AA for being this lazy worthless player yet he is second in the team in goals and plays with terrible players by NHL standards. Want to trade him for a prospect we just passed on. Saying Yzerman will get rid of AA when we have a least 10 plugs in our lineup. Sorry just don't agree with the groupthink on here in this topic...

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Not understanding just not agreeing. All you guys do is harp on AA for being this lazy worthless player yet he is second in the team in goals and plays with terrible players by NHL standards. Want to trade him for a prospect we just passed on. Saying Yzerman will get rid of AA when we have a least 10 plugs in our lineup. Sorry just don't agree with the groupthink on here in this topic...

Lots of lazy defensive players score a lot of goals. Ovechkin is another one. Do you think he has any trade value?

You cant get it through your head that calling AA lazy defensively doesnt mean people are calling him worthless. He is second on the team in goals and dynamic offensively - that gives him value. He is a bit lazy defensively and can have his effort questioned as well - that takes away from his value.You get all worked up that people dont think AA is a perfect player so you cant talk about things logically.

You have to trade someone with value to get something in return. AA isnt worthless. He could return something of value. These 10 plugs in the line up you talk about constantly DONT have trade value so theres no point in trading them. AA is a guy who could bring back a player who helps the rebuild more than he does potentially. It has to be considered.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
97.1 have less insight than some posters on here.

X2. I can't remember how many days it took Pat Caputo (you know the guy that hosts the hour long block dedicated to the Red Wings outside of actual games...) to realize it was VeleNo and not ValeRo....

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
How is that the reality when that's a scenario made up in your own head? How do you know his stats won't be elevated with better teammates?
My first thought would be, "Because he doesn't use his teammates. He plays like he wants to beat 5 defenders by himself, every time he gets the puck."

Reactions: Oddbob

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Lots of lazy defensive players score a lot of goals. Ovechkin is another one. Do you think he has any trade value?

You cant get it through your head that calling AA lazy defensively doesnt mean people are calling him worthless. He is second on the team in goals and dynamic offensively - that gives him value. He is a bit lazy defensively and can have his effort questioned as well - that takes away from his value.You get all worked up that people dont think AA is a perfect player so you cant talk about things logically.

You have to trade someone with value to get something in return. AA isnt worthless. He could return something of value. These 10 plugs in the line up you talk about constantly DONT have trade value so theres no point in trading them. AA is a guy who could bring back a player who helps the rebuild more than he does potentially. It has to be considered.
You can't have it both ways man using a great player to explain your example of why AA needs to get traded for a prospect? Lol what? I'll take a "lazy" player like AA or future HOFer like Ovi over a "hardworker" like Gator ,helm Glendening or the other handful of plugs on this team any day of the week....( that are exempt from criticism on this board and the media btw) :huh:

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
You can't have it both ways man using a great player to explain your example of why AA needs to get traded for a prospect? Lol what? I'll take a "lazy" player like AA or future HOFer like Ovi over a "hardworker" like Gator ,helm Glendening or the other handful of plugs on this team any day of the week....( that are exempt from criticism on this board and the media btw) :huh:

It’s not a one to one comparison. Its to say hes one dimensional, but that dimension does provide value. He doesn’t have anywhere near Ovies talent, but, a middle 6 offensive winger still is something that can elicit a return. And given Detroit needs defense more than they need wingers, and given that you’re not going to get much back for the bottom 6 guys you mentioned, they will need to part with a good player to get something they want in return.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
It’s not a one to one comparison. Its to say hes one dimensional, but that dimension does provide value. He doesn’t have anywhere near Ovies talent, but, a middle 6 offensive winger still is something that can elicit a return. And given Detroit needs defense more than they need wingers, and given that you’re not going to get much back for the bottom 6 guys you mentioned, they will need to part with a good player to get something they want in return.
Detroit needs everything.

Reactions: avssuc

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
97.1 have less insight than some posters on here. And to your earlier comment, it amazes me the lengths you will go to to pass the buck on AA being a poor team player .

To be fair, it depends on who you are listening to and what they are talking about.

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
Why do you need to replace what he offers? I think the wings could use dmen or centers more than a winger
We need D yes, I think I worded that wrong. If we don't get the same value player wise back don't just move him for picks. Gus,Jimmy, Kronwall yes move them for picks.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

Well no shit, so would everyone that posts on here. Read what I say again, I've only said it 3 times now. No one is saying that AA is worse than those guys, those players dont have trade value. So for the third or fourth time... People are saying theyre ok with trading AA if he can bring back pieces that will help with the rebuild. He actually has trade value. Gator, Helm and Glendening arent going to land possible first round picks or high end prospects so your comparison that you keep going on and on about is dumb.

Youre so high strung and emotional on here its like you cant read if someone say something about Athanasiou. What do you mean I cant have it both ways? I've said it one way the entire time. Athanasiou is a guy that likely isnt a core player. Hes not the worst player on the team, because of that he actually has trade value. Yes, I would also look at trading Helm, Glendening or Abdelkader but:

a) theyre not being rumoured to be moved right now so theyre not being discussed. If I saw something about Glendening I would discuss it too
b) theyre not going to bring the note worthy return that a more skilled guy like Athanasiou would.

Now count to ten, and read this post twice before you respond to it.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Enough to know that you can't trade "zero dimensional" players for anything. If you can't wrap your mind around that, I guess that's your problem.
Keep building your narrative around "You don't understand xyz" when your logic is so flawed it's laughable that you are complaining about the flaws of our second best player on the team under 25 yet you want a great return back. And for the record I care less than zero about your thinly veiled insults. You are on a message board just like me, if you were such an expert on NHL talent and what the wings should and shouldn't do, we would never talk lol....

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Well no ****, so would everyone that posts on here. Read what I say again, I've only said it 3 times now. No one is saying that AA is worse than those guys, those players dont have trade value. So for the third or fourth time... People are saying theyre ok with trading AA if he can bring back pieces that will help with the rebuild. He actually has trade value. Gator, Helm and Glendening arent going to land possible first round picks or high end prospects so your comparison that you keep going on and on about is dumb.

Youre so high strung and emotional on here its like you cant read if someone say something about Athanasiou. What do you mean I cant have it both ways? I've said it one way the entire time. Athanasiou is a guy that likely isnt a core player. Hes not the worst player on the team, because of that he actually has trade value. Yes, I would also look at trading Helm, Glendening or Abdelkader but:

a) theyre not being rumoured to be moved right now so theyre not being discussed. If I saw something about Glendening I would discuss it too
b) theyre not going to bring the note worthy return that a more skilled guy like Athanasiou would.

Now count to ten, and read this post twice before you respond to it.
Like Babcock once said " the devil you know is sometimes better than the devil you don't". AA is one of the bright spots on the team. He is a dynamic player that's exciting to watch. If they didn't have him and Larkin what would be the point of even watching them lose night in and night out?

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Keep building your narrative around "You don't understand xyz" when your logic is so flawed it's laughable that you are complaining about the flaws of our second best player on the team under 25 yet you want a great return back. And for the record I care less than zero about your thinly veiled insults. You are on a message board just like me, if you were such an expert on NHL talent and what the wings should and shouldn't do, we would never talk lol....

I didn't know Tyler Bertuzzi changed his name to AA.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Keep building your narrative around "You don't understand xyz" when your logic is so flawed it's laughable that you are complaining about the flaws of our second best player on the team under 25 yet you want a great return back.
Which is infinitely more realistic than expecting to trade even worse and more flawed players for any kind of return worth mentioning.

You think pointing out AA's flaws means we think he's straight up garbage. News flash: most players have flaws. They could be bigger, faster, better shot, better defensively, wrong position, whatever. Name the flaw, most players have one. But they can still be good players too. AA having a flaw just means he's valuable but not so precious he can't be traded. Do you really not get this? People tend not to trade bonafide 1Cs and 1Ds because they have fewer flaws which is why they are 1Cs and 1Ds.

Come on man. Just because you have an insane obsession with this guy doesn't mean everyone who identifies he's far from perfect thinks he's awful. We're just more realistic about what he is than you are. He's an exciting, productive young player who has a couple of flaws in his game.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Which is infinitely more realistic than expecting to trade even worse and more flawed players for any kind of return worth mentioning.

You think pointing out AA's flaws means we think he's straight up garbage. News flash: most players have flaws. They could be bigger, faster, better shot, better defensively, wrong position, whatever. Name the flaw, most players have one. But they can still be good players too. AA having a flaw just means he's valuable but not so precious he can't be traded. Do you really not get this? People tend not to trade bonafide 1Cs and 1Ds because they have fewer flaws which is why they are 1Cs and 1Ds.

Come on man. Just because you have an insane obsession with this guy doesn't mean everyone who identifies he's far from perfect thinks he's awful. We're just more realistic about what he is than you are. He's an exciting, productive young player who has a couple of flaws in his game.
No insane obsession just looking at the entire team he is one of the last guys I'd blame for how God awful the team is. He is a 4th round pick second in goals. And makes a decent salary. And besides Larkin can take over the game end to end. Yeah let's trade that....

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
No insane obsession just looking at the entire team he is one of the last guys I'd blame for how God awful the team is. He is a 4th round pick second in goals. And makes a decent salary. And besides Larkin can take over the game end to end. Yeah let's trade that....

And yet his protect minutes, and being able 'to take over a game' he's still not producing as many goals for per game as goals against. He is still a net negative when he's on the ice. And being tied with offensive power houses like Andrew Shaw for ppg doesn't make him a player that is untouchable.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
And yet his protect minutes, and being able 'to take over a game' he's still not producing as many goals for per game as goals against. He is still a net negative when he's on the ice. And being tied with offensive power houses like Andrew Shaw for ppg doesn't make him a player that is untouchable.
Is Larkin a net negative? And now AA is being compared to Andrew Shaw? Larkin is a bigger net negative than AA btw...........

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad