Sportsnet: Oilers have made Anton Slepyshev available

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
sure.. I bet they are saying the same about Eberle, Pitlick, Pouliot, Petry etc. He is not worth a lot but he could still become a decent NHLer. The interesting\amusing part of this tweet is that Chia made him available using email spam.

Difference is the guys you listed had actually achieved something at an NHL level. Pitlick is a bit of an exception, but he wasn't traded, he was just signed at a FA by Dallas. There was no risk.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Difference is the guys you listed had actually achieved something at an NHL level. Pitlick is a bit of an exception, but he wasn't traded, he was just signed at a FA by Dallas. There was no risk.

They gave him a three year deal at a million bucks. That's SOME risk, just not much.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
GMs lining up for Slepyshev sweepstakes.

b0zEV.gif

Reactions: Skobel24

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
One thing I'll say about Slepy, I'm sure who don't watch him much will just think he is another skilled Russian winger project and well he is, but his defensive game is actually respectable and he has pretty decent puck protection skills so he doesn't turn the puck over very much.

Tkachuckycheese

Oilers/Sens
Feb 2, 2016
Oilers - Slepyshev

Arizona - Lawson Crouse

Both players have had the same kind of production. Both can use a change of scenery.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Yet another MacTavish draft pick bites the dust.
Funny how Yakimov was considered the better player and he didn't last nearly as long in NA as Slepyshev.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Oilers - Slepyshev

Arizona - Lawson Crouse

Both players have had the same kind of production. Both can use a change of scenery.
It's close to fair IMO but Chayka's probably higher on Crouse than Strome considering his affinity for bottom six players.

Reinhart

Jun 13, 2011
One thing I'll say about Slepy, I'm sure who don't watch him much will just think he is another skilled Russian winger project and well he is, but his defensive game is actually respectable and he has pretty decent puck protection skills so he doesn't turn the puck over very much.

Didn't he just get ripped apart for his poor defensive play, and this was the trigger for the Oilers to make him available? He doesn't look defensively sound to me. Either way, I don't think he carries much value. Probably a 7th to a team that is willing to gamble. Is he waiver eligible? If he is, I don't think there will be many teams lining up to grab him.

Who knows... all it takes is one team to really like him I guess.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Didn't he just get ripped apart for his poor defensive play, and this was the trigger for the Oilers to make him available? He doesn't look defensively sound to me. Either way, I don't think he carries much value. Probably a 7th to a team that is willing to gamble. Is he waiver eligible? If he is, I don't think there will be many teams lining up to grab him.

Who knows... all it takes is one team to really like him I guess.

He's not going to win any Selkes, but he's no different than your average NHL winger defensively.

He's available because he doesn't play "McLellan's game" which basically means he isn't Mark Letestu.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Two Chocolate chip cookies, a snickers, 13 pucks, two ccm sticks and brent seabrook is the best we can do from Chicago.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
I never understand it when these threads pop up. GM X has announced that fringe top-nine forward Y IS in fact available!

Well... no shit. Especially if you’re a team that has struggled. Why wouldn’t a borderline top-nine, non blue chip forward who has minimal NHL experience but isn’t THAT young any more be available? If you had the opportunity to make a good trade for your club and he was one of the pieces requested in return, you’re telling me that, up until this moment, the answer was “no”? Only now that his availability has been advertised is this player attainable?

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
And nobody cared.

Seriously, Chia would get nothing for him anyways considering his astute trades already.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Is this where we line up for....
*double checks who*
Whoops, never-mind.
*walks away whilst whistling*

Last edited:

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
We got Scott Wilson who is not worse for a 5th. So, there you go, that's his value. Since Slep is a bit younger, you can maybe make it a 4th. Buffalo has enough mediocre crap already so we are probably not interested.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Good god damn. If they haven't been shopping him since before that waiver eligibility kicked in, I question what they talk about in those closed door meetings. How many people on your management team can skip over these details?

PETER: TRADE HIM FOR GIRGENSONS. I said that two months ago.

Glad you said that. Not that it makes a bit of sense for Buffalo, but hey, stick to your guns.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad