Rumor: Oilers hard after Markstrom

AimForTopCheddar

trust the yzerplan
Feb 7, 2012
Calgary
Fair enough, but what I said isn't a fallacy lol.
19789999.jpg

Cool, you know how to post pics. I never claimed you brought in a fallacy into your argument. I just think its funny how you're calling others out for things like that but here you are talking about "addressing inconvenient truths" that were never discussed to begin with. I may be comparing the two incidents, but I never said they are the same.

See where we're headed? I'm not trying to have these back and forths over something so silly.

Last edited:

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
I'm not rejoicing over it. I was actually born in B.C. I love it there, and think it's one of the most beautiful places on Earth. That being said, at some point that island, and a good chunk of the mainland is going to be toast. That's a fact.
Sorry to point out the inconvenient truth.
This is a very salty sounding post. :laugh: I'm sure you hope that will happen for some very strange reason.

Reactions: axlrose87

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Cool, you know how to post pics. I never claimed you brought in a fallacy into your argument. I just think its funny how you're calling others out for things like that but here you are talking about "addressing inconvenient truths" that were never discussed to begin with.

See where we're headed? I'm not trying to have these back and forths over something so silly.
Those initially involved already moved on man. The only one insisting on getting into it now is you.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
I mean, it’s not a “fact” that Vancouver Island is going to be “toast” if an earthquake happens.

So that could qualify as a few logical fallacies—a non sequitur, maybe a slippery slope.
Actually what I said was that the island will be toast when the fault line goes. ..thats not just "an earthquake". It'll be gone...just gone. It is what it is.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
This is a very salty sounding post. :laugh: I'm sure you hope that will happen for some very strange reason.
Why would I wish for my literal birth home to be destroyed? I was born there lol. That doesn't stop me from acknowledging that it sits on a fault line overdue for a shakedown. I liked it there - still do.

AimForTopCheddar

trust the yzerplan
Feb 7, 2012
Calgary
Those initially involved already moved on man. The only one insisting on getting into it now is you.
Okay, let's move on. Let's all move on from this situation or the thread is going to get locked.

But lets refrain from saying things like peoples' homes are gonna vanish. It's just weird and irrelevant.

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
If this happens, Markstrom and Koskinen would be an incredible tandem, but I'd rather we trade Koski to make cap space for another UFA signing.
But how do you trade koskinen?
What’s it going to cost the oilers to unload him on someone?

Mark MacCrimmon

Sep 29, 2020
But how do you trade koskinen?
What’s it going to cost the oilers to unload him on someone?

Sens acquired Murray today, Murray has won the Cup and all, but didn't perform better than Koski this year. Idk what it would look like but Koskinen is actually an average goalie on the market, and if you're into analytics he is better. So shouldn't cost a ton but not necessarily easy to find a suitor nonetheless. Maybe a team like Ottawa who has tons of space wants him as part of a tandem, if we take a cheap piece back. Who knows

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Its one person. Lucic and Schultz chose Edmonton over Vancouver. Ask people in Florida if they'd rather live in Vancouver, most will say no.

if this is the case then Edmonton has nothing to worry about in regards to courting ufa's. You have nothing to worry about if you're a Oilers fan and they might land Markstrom. Good luck with that. I heard Calgary is also interested.

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
Sens acquired Murray today, Murray has won the Cup and all, but didn't perform better than Koski this year. Idk what it would look like but Koskinen is actually an average goalie on the market, and if you're into analytics he is better. So shouldn't cost a ton but not necessarily easy to find a suitor nonetheless. Maybe a team like Ottawa who has tons of space wants him as part of a tandem, if we take a cheap piece back. Who knows
Who is taking him? Two years of him? You believe Ottawa (the cheapest team in the league) is looking for a $4.5 million backup?

if the oilers are looking to sign markstrom, be prepared to pay an exorbitant price to move koskinen.
Or, better yet, buy him out Thursday night before free agency.
Koskinen is not a good goalie. He is certainly not worth anything close to what he is making.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Who is taking him? Two years of him? You believe Ottawa (the cheapest team in the league) is looking for a $4.5 million backup?

if the oilers are looking to sign markstrom, be prepared to pay an exorbitant price to move koskinen.
Koskinen is not a good goalie. He is certainly not worth anything close to what he is making.

Look at his numbers from last season.

Reactions: Seachd

lawrence

May 19, 2012
If you're rich and given a choice between Vancouver and Miami South Beach for example, Miami wins that hands down.

tell that to Oliver Ekkman Larrson!

I'm so gonna lose sleep with the fact Miami is going to steal our precious UFA's from Vancouver. Really.

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020

Ehhh, I don't think it's that dire. He was good statistically this year, and that has proven again and again to have value in this league (even if we might not think so). Hell, him being expansion-eligible is valuable in and of itself since every team needs to expose one goalie under contract for 2021-22.

I see there being two markets for Koskinen: bubble teams like Minnesota and Chicago who might miss out on the better options, and basement clubs like Detroit and NJ who probably won't want to commit big money at this point in their rebuilds to a long-term starter. Of course, I don't expect or foresee a huge return, but it probably won't involve retention and probably won't see equal money coming back (else, what's the point?). Other than that I'd be happy with a 3rd-5th in 2022.

The only reason Edmonton isn't in that first group is because Holland seems hell-bent on upgrading the position. Otherwise, he's an ideal platoon goalie on a team that already has a 1A.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
A lot of wealthy people choose Vancouver. It’s beautiful despite being colder than Miami.
i was going to post this... not just north americans, but rich people from all over the world choose to immigrate here.
They drive up property prices which sucks...but it is what it is. Just walk around downtown... its all super rich and international students. Coal Harbour area.... so much moola being flexed lol

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad