Rumor: Oilers hard after Markstrom

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
It’s Moj. Nuff said.
I’m sure Edmonton and a lot of trans would be interested. Then Moj just runs with it and tries to sensationalize it.
Elliot Friedman also mentioned oilers

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
How are the Oilers going to be able to afford Markstrom on presumably a long term deal at $6 million when they're already paying Koskinen a ton of money?

And isn't it technically illegal for Edmonton to be talking to Markstrom right now?

who says the Oilers started the conversastion? His agent made a statement that his client had no interest in Edmonton and Detroit--maybe he sent the oilers a message via the media?

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Mark MacCrimmon

Sep 29, 2020
If this happens, Markstrom and Koskinen would be an incredible tandem, but I'd rather we trade Koski to make cap space for another UFA signing.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
I mean, the reports a week ago were edm had interest in markstrom, Murray and mrazck. One is off the table so it’s not surprising.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
I"m waiting for Edm fans to come in here saying "Koskinen is as good as Markstrom! why would they do this!? "

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I honestly think it's a blessing in disguise for Nucks not to sign him... woulda loved to see him stay there but I think Demko and signing a UFA veteran older goalie is the smarter move

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad