Rumor: Oilers hard after Markstrom

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Markstrom is steadier and has a longer history of success, it's not rocket science that we're interested. There's also the fact that he robs the Oilers blind every time we play him.

With Murray you have to weigh potential vs current performance. Saw it off and I think he and Koskinen have similar value.

Allegedly our offer is 7 years at 5 million and change. That won't get it done, but thats not that much more than Koskinen is making. Even assuming we land at 5.5-6, it's sensible.

NTC/NMC won't be an issue.
I'd take Koskinen ahead of Murray. Murray hasn't been good for the past 2 seasons.

Reactions: ChaoticOrange

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
Markstrom is steadier and has a longer history of success, it's not rocket science that we're interested. There's also the fact that he robs the Oilers blind every time we play him.

With Murray you have to weigh potential vs current performance. Saw it off and I think he and Koskinen have similar value.

Allegedly our offer is 7 years at 5 million and change. That won't get it done, but thats not that much more than Koskinen is making. Even assuming we land at 5.5-6, it's sensible.

NTC/NMC won't be an issue.
Yeah we’ll have to agree to disagree because I definitely don’t see it. Murray has had a lot of interest from many teams for a long time. Personally I think it’ll take retention and an asset to move Koskinen.

Markstrom is going to have so many viable suitors it’ll be interesting to see how it all turns out. I know for my Flames, they’ll have everything to offer Markstrom up front. Competitive team, cap space, NMC, guaranteed #1 job and one of his best friends in Elias Lindholm. Should be a fun day to watch tomorrow.

Reactions: LFCTML

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Yeah we’ll have to agree to disagree because I definitely don’t see it. Murray has had a lot of interest from many teams for a long time. Personally I think it’ll take retention and an asset to move Koskinen.

Markstrom is going to have so many viable suitors it’ll be interesting to see how it all turns out. I know for my Flames, they’ll have everything to offer Markstrom up front. Competitive team, cap space, NMC, guaranteed #1 job and one of his best friends in Elias Lindholm. Should be a fun day to watch tomorrow.

I would be willing to bet Edmonton gets a decent return for Koskinen. They might retain a little bit, but if they do it'll be to improve the return. Guy had a .917 last year, he's absolutely not in David Rittich cap dump territory.

Calgary needs to rebuild their D basically from scratch, I honestly don't beleive their cap situation is all that much better than Edmonton's. It's going to cost to replace Brodie and Hamonic.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I would be willing to bet Edmonton gets a decent return for Koskinen. They might retain a little bit, but if they do it'll be to improve the return. Guy had a .917 last year, he's absolutely not in David Rittich cap dump territory.

Calgary needs to rebuild their D basically from scratch, I honestly don't beleive their cap situation is all that much better than Edmonton's. It's going to cost to replace Brodie and Hamonic.
It'll cost to replace Brodie. Hamonic is hot garbage. He's a name, but basically has been replacement level for 2 of his 3 seasons here. I'd take Kylington, Valimaki or Mackey ahead of him. Brodie is a tough one, I'd like to re-sign him, but only for 3-4 years. Other teams will probably offer more.

Reactions: ChaoticOrange

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary

Rittich is this team’s back up, not a cap dump. He’s only got 1 year left so Treliving doesn’t need to do anything with him. He backed up Talbot just fine and has the perfect demeanor of a back up.

The Flames didn’t miss Hamonic at all this season and in the playoffs. They were actually at their best with just Giordano, Anderson, Brodie and Hanifin as their top 4. Brodie is really the only one that needs to be replaced and hopefully upgraded actually. Valimaki being back should be a quality #6.

Like I said earlier, with the massive supply of goaltenders, I don’t see it. Koskinen has 1 good season under his belt followed by a poor playoffs. What teams do you even see being interested exactly? I certainly haven’t seen any rumblings about him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad