Proposal: Oilers/Habs V 2.0 Nuge for Galchenyuk

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
As a fan of both teams (99.9% Oilers/0.1% Habs) this is very bad for the Oil. Galchy is still raw Montreal have done a horrible job developing him.
Nuge is a 55-60 point centerman who can play and succeed in any situation. Worth alot more than Galchy

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
As a trade to shake up both franchises, why not? What have they got to lose?

Sugi21

Dec 7, 2016
One for one nothing else involved--when other stuff gets added things fall apart

Ryan Nugent Hopkins for Alex Galchenyuk

Contracts

Galchenyuk 4.9 till 2020
Nuge 6mil til 2021

this is one deal that both sides may hate--but to me it makes sense

I am over due for my flaming for all the trash talk I do for bad trades--so it is my turn to get called out for being silly

I'd trade Pac's I'm keeping Chucky!

Stripper

Mar 4, 2013
Trade values change. Players get better or worse.

Sure, but the fact that people do a complete 360 and change their mind on a player that supposedly sucked is obnoxious. No one wants an underperforming player but everyone wants him once he figures his stuff out again. In RNHs case, a leap of faith would have done wonders for Montreal. Would also have been a better calculated risk than Sergachev for Drouin as a center.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Yeah, on the surface it's a good deal for 2 guys who need a change of scenery but I get the sense both teams will want more in return than just 1 player.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
What's interesting is Galchenyuk (or Pacioretty) would become your best winger. By far. Now RNH would become our best center. By far. Doesn't it make sense??

As a Habs fan though, i agree we would have to add a serviceable piece to the trade. How about Galchenyuk + Byron for RNH and a 3rd pick?

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Good Lord.

Marc Bergevin, is that you?

The irony of that statement is that you seem to think Montreal doesn't come out ahead on that trade. Edmonton doesn't deal RNH for 1.5 years of Patches, as had been said a hundred times on these boards. If you haven't been following the Oilers this year RNH has been one of the few bright spots night in and night out in the lineup. Edmonton fans are loath to trade him.

Pacioretty goes to a contender at the deadline. That's my guess.

Reactions: MSSLYNX

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
The irony of that statement is that you seem to think Montreal doesn't come out ahead on that trade. Edmonton doesn't deal RNH for 1.5 years of Patches, as had been said a hundred times on these boards. If you haven't been following the Oilers this year RNH has been one of the few bright spots night in and night out in the lineup. Edmonton fans are loath to trade him.

Pacioretty goes to a contender at the deadline. That's my guess.

And most of Habs fans won't deal Patches for freaking RNH.
We need a center, but RNH isn't the answer.
Not that he's bad or anything, just not good enough.
Our main problem is that we can't put a damn puck in the net to save our lives.
RNH won't help at that. Patches might.
And maybe he'll get trade. I want him to be trade because I hate his guts. But not for RNH.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
What's interesting is Galchenyuk (or Pacioretty) would become your best winger. By far. Now RNH would become our best center. By far. Doesn't it make sense??

As a Habs fan though, i agree we would have to add a serviceable piece to the trade. How about Galchenyuk + Byron for RNH and a 3rd pick?

Lucic almost has double Galchenyuk's 5v5 points.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
And most of Habs fans won't deal Patches for freaking RNH.
We need a center, but RNH isn't the answer.
Not that he's bad or anything, just not good enough.
Our main problem is that we can't put a damn puck in the net to save our lives.
RNH won't help at that. Patches might.
And maybe he'll get trade. I want him to be trade because I hate his guts. But not for RNH.

Yet most Montreal fans would jump at it . When fans of your team are all in for a trade you are either overrating your player or underrating the other teams player . Stand pat and draft a centre with your pick which should be a high one

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Yet most Montreal fans would jump at it . When fans of your team are all in for a trade you are either overrating your player or underrating the other teams player . Stand pat and draft a centre with your pick which should be a high one
Thing is early lists i've checked do not have great options for centers around the Habs expected slot. Could be a case of trading down about 5-10 spots though.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Bad deal for the Habs. Not a huge fan of either player but Nuge is what he is.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Yeah, on the surface it's a good deal for 2 guys who need a change of scenery but I get the sense both teams will want more in return than just 1 player.
And why exactly does RNH need a change of scenery? Know who is tied with McDavid to lead our team in goals this year?

Reactions: THall4

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad