Proposal: Oilers/Habs V 2.0 Nuge for Galchenyuk

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
One for one nothing else involved--when other stuff gets added things fall apart

Ryan Nugent Hopkins for Alex Galchenyuk

Contracts

Galchenyuk 4.9 till 2020
Nuge 6mil til 2021

this is one deal that both sides may hate--but to me it makes sense

I am over due for my flaming for all the trash talk I do for bad trades--so it is my turn to get called out for being silly

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
both teams will say no. they will defend their own player and say "if you're player is so good why don't you just keep him?"

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Makes more sense than most proposals tbh.
Wont be popular because fans hope for a Duchene-like return.
Drouin goes back to wing.
Saw RNH play yesterday. He was very good and on the ice for all the important situations.

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
This would be Eberle for Strome 2.0

The Habs would get the significantly better player
The Oilers would get a project and a little cap relief

That's not a trade the Oilers should make if they're trying to make their team better.
I disagree. It can be your opinion and that's cool but if you think this would be a Strome situation you don't know Chucky to well.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
I disagree. It can be your opinion and that's cool but if you think this would be a Strome situation you don't know Chucky to well.

The Habs would win a Galchenyuk for Nuge, one-for-one trade easily.

In fact it's such a lop-sided trade proposal that I'm legitimately concerned that Chia may do it in an attempt to save his own job. It would be just another in a long line of disastrous decisions if the Oilers to make that trade.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Just thought I'd point out that Strome only has six less points than Galchenyuk, plays centre, hasn't gotten crushed into the dust at ES, and is much cheaper.

RNH >> Galchenyuk > Strome - trading Nuge for Galchenyuk would be like Montreal dealing Galchenyuk for Strome.

Last edited:
Reactions: ColoradoCanes

PriceIsGod

Jul 15, 2012
You know...
The Habs would win a Galchenyuk for Nuge, one-for-one trade easily.

In fact it's such a lop-sided trade proposal that I'm legitimately concerned that Chia may do it in an attempt to save his own job. It would be just another in a long line of disastrous decisions if the Oilers to make that trade.
I don't disagree with you there, I personally would do i simply because of positioning difference and I really like Nuge. I just don't think it would be as much of a project as you may think is all. Don't worry though Bergevin wouldn't touch it.

Edit: Let's be real a big Montreal-Edmonton deal won't happen because both GM's can't lose the trade haha

Stripper

Mar 4, 2013
Habs could have had NH last year or the season prior to that when he was "struggling". Yet, no one wanted to even give a late 1st for a 1st overall bust lol. Edmonton should only trade NH for a premium return.

PriceIsGod

Jul 15, 2012
You know...
Habs could have had NH last year or the season prior to that when he was "struggling". Yet, no one wanted to even give a late 1st for a 1st overall bust lol. Edmonton should only trade NH for a premium return.
Trade values change. Players get better or worse.
maxresdefault-9-640x360.jpg

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
Well on the plus side for Oilers fans, Bergevin might be the only GM in the league that's worse at his job than Chia. So the odds of Montreal actually going through with this trade seem pretty slim.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017

That's not a trade the Oilers should make if they're trying to make their team better.
It's ok if you don't want to make the trade.... but that's just plain disrespect right there :laugh:

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
2nd line winger for a 2nd line center. Habs win by a Hair player wise,Oilers win by a bit contract and age wise.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal

never realized a 30 goal scorer at 21 was a 'project' but thx for-coming out

Reactions: Runner77

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Not that it's exactly enjoyable being an Oil fan at the moment but this deal would make a terrible year even worse. No interest in moving our only secondary scorer and center depth in the hopes that Galchenyuk turns it around.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
Would rather keep RNH, why five up a complete centre man that has also drastically improved on the dot. I would trade for Gal but not what Habs fans will want.

FunkyChicken

Jul 24, 2003
Well on the plus side for Oilers fans, Bergevin might be the only GM in the league that's worse at his job than Chia. So the odds of Montreal actually going through with this trade seem pretty slim.

I feel like any significant trade involving Montreal and Edmonton would likely have to include a third team to take any of the good players involved.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
I feel like any significant trade involving Montreal and Edmonton would likely have to include a third team to take any of the good players involved.
I dont get why you think so.
Both will be 24 in a month.
Production kind of similar
RNH is more expensive but a real C.
Could jumpstart Drouin.

The AG-RNH as base seems pretty fair to me.

But i dont think Edm would see great interest in it besides the 2 mil cap relief if they are tight. But easy to solve.

Threesomes are rare.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
That's a big pass for the Oil. Chucky might bring a bit more skill to the table and a cheaper contract, but Nuge plays in all situations and still produces at a decent clip. He's been our 3rd best player this year behind the big two.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad